collapse

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 5180
  • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/58138/ronde-de-l-isard-les-grimpeurs-pieges-d-entree

Direct Velo think this first stage could be a danger for the climbers - 146km of broken terrain with potential for echelons.

it will be necessary to be careful that a group does not make the trunk with outsiders or other surprises, which would take seven or eight minutes ahead of the favorites. Among the winners of the day, some could then prove very difficult to let go in the mountains ...

"The weather will play a role, " he notes. " If it's cold as advertised , it's better for the big ones! " The forecasts actually announce a cool weather, little wind (so a priori No monster borders) and the risk of rain or even thunderstorms.

Six is my pick for the win today.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Break: Roman KOHL (GSC Blagnac Vélo Sport 31), Corentin DUBOIS (UC Nantes Atlantique), Thomas OUSTRY (VC Rouen 76), David RIVIÈRE (Vendée U), Pascal EENKHOORN, Pavel SIVAKOV (BMC Development Team) et Cyril BARTHE (Fundacion Euskadi-EDP).

A crash in the peloton has led to a brief neutralization.

After the fall, the safety of the riders could no longer be guaranteed 100%, and the Commissioners decided to neutralize the race until safety conditions returned to normal.

They had to wait for the doctor's car to return it's position.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    They had to wait for the doctor's car to return it's position.

Here's one for Fus.

What are the rules about how many doctors (and their cars) a UCI race has to have? How many does Sibiu go with for example? Surely Isard has more than one doctor here.

Some riders refuse to resume the start. Chilled by the fall and climatic conditions, the riders consider complicated to resume the race at this level of the stage.

Now some don't want to ride at all.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    Stage cancelled. :S

Conditions don't look that bad.

https://twitter.com/LaBandeCycliste/status/865179445799383040

No doubt some interesting Direct Velo reports up later.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    http://www.fpciclismo.pt/index_noticia_ver.php?id_noticia_new=4845&pag=1

The first stage of the Ronde de l'Isard, French international event in which Team Portugal sub-23 participates, was canceled today, after a long period of neutralization, motivated by two falls in the squad.

The stage started fast, with about 44 kilometers traveled in the first hour, but had to be interrupted with pertp of 50 kilometers disputed. Two falls in the squad, one of which held the test doctor for a long time, forced the race to stop.

The test still started, with a neutralized gait, but it was interrupted again. Due to the cold, the rain and the wind, many cyclists demanded from the organization the cancellation of the race. Others even ended up being taken to the test ambulances, showing signs of hypothermia. In view of the obvious difficulties, The college of commissioners decided to cancel the stage.

I wonder if the break being 20 minutes (!) up the road also played a part.

https://www.facebook.com/colpack.dilettanti/posts/1843560165911726

The Italian view. Some paragraphs would be nice.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    https://twitter.com/BadulaqueDptvo/status/865602459045163009

http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/int-en/experience/the-feedzone/sivakov_wins_ronde_de_lisard_stage_2_after_impressive_final_climb/

Revenge after yesterday's farce, and it wasn't as if they were given too much rope today. The gap didn't get bigger than 2m20, so using some basic maths you can see his climb time can't have been that much slower than the quickest from the peloton (and if Direct Velo is to be believed he might have been quicker!).

Plateau de Beille tomorrow.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6054
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Here's one for Fus.

What are the rules about how many doctors (and their cars) a UCI race has to have? How many does Sibiu go with for example? Surely Isard has more than one doctor here.
    You're vastly overestimating the number of doctors willing to ride around in a car for whole days with little pay and stressful working conditions. ;)

It's not something I know by heart, but a cursory glance at the rulebook only gives me references to "the doctor's car". So I have no reason to believe there is more than one in a 2.2 race. I certainly can't remember seeing more than one in Sibiu.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Despite his exertions over the past two days, Sivakov responded easily enough to Lambrecht's attacks and even had the Lotto rider under pressure at points on the final climb. Big gaps further down the field.

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    https://twitter.com/RondeIsard/status/866328979074056193

http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/int-en/experience/the-feedzone/solo_stage_win_seals_overall_victory_for_sivakov_in_france/

"I knew the final, and I knew that there was a super tricky downhill so, I took it really fast and already had a twenty-second advantage at the bottom of the climb. I couldn't see the group behind me, and at that moment, I knew I needed to go full gas and try and make it to the finish because I had good legs today. I knew that it would be hard to organize a chase behind me. It was a really long valley; it was probably the longest valley of my life today.

Another impressive performance. A 50km solo!

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    Bennett isn't the only ex-Axeon rider picking up victories.

Cam Meyer is taking part.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    https://twitter.com/Inphosports/status/867771911383666689

Sounds like it was blowing a hoolie in Donegal today.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1266
    As usual with VR I need a second attempt to post...

Edit: Sorry for the frustration it's my PC that has problems  ;)

Yves Lampaert wins the Gullegem Koerse. Gullegem is the most prestigious kermess race in Belgium. When I talk about it I'mridiculed but those races are true competition in theory, no criterium and consistently longer too. There used to be a lot of them in the seventies, ost of the top guns were present and it was usually the chance for second-tier riders to beat the stars. In the nineties, the UCI made a lot of effort to destroy them. Verbruggen pragmatically had to acknowledge they were a huge tradition in Belgium though. Gullegem is the only one left with an international pro field on a consistent basis. Defending champion Greg Van Avermaet was present but anonymous.  So was 2011 winner Philippe Gilbert, that was in his dream year, part of a long winning streak in single-day races, the moment I discover the race. He took over frm the late Wouter Weylandt, dual winner. Fabian Cancellara was present last year for his last season.

1.   Yves Lampaert   in 3u42'42"
    2.   Julien Vermote   z.t.
    3.   Tim Declercq   op 53"
    4.   Benjamin Verraes   1'37"
    5.   Lawrence Naesen   z.t.
    6.   Yiber Sefa (Alb)   1'40"
    7.   Loïc Vliegen   1'46"
    8.   Kenny Dehaes   1'50"
    9.   Jens Debusschere   1'59"
    10.   Mark McNally (Gbr)   z.t.
    11 Louis Verhelst
    12 Florian Sénéchal
    13 Miles Scotson
    14 Jens Keukeleire
    15 Jelle Wallays
    16 Dieter Bouvry
    17 Jelle Cant (Sanne's brother)
    18 David Boucher
    19 Michiel Stockman
    20 Jürgen Roelandts
    21 Kris Boeckmans

32 Rémi Cavagna
    37 Bert De Backer
    45 Dieter Vanthourenhout
    46 Jonathan Breyne
    48 Michael Vanthourenhout
    67 Roy Jans
    70 Guillaume Van Keirsbulck
    79 Eli Yserbyt
    92 Greg Van Avermaet
    95 Kevin Pauwels
    99 Raymond Kreder
    102 Kenny De Ketele
    105 Klaas Vantornout
    106 Diether Sweeck
    108 Jordi Talen
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:25 by Echoes »
    "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9246
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    the reintroduced "Maglia Nera" for the U23 Giro was presented today:

(gt)

Pinarello will be the sponsor of the Blackjack at Giro d'Italia Under 23 Enel starting next June 9th from Imola.
    "Friendship with Fausto Pinarello is important to me and the Federation," explains CT of the Italian Davide Cassani Cycling Team, "and I find it wonderful to bring the Black Jerseys back to the streets. Who is not in the top of the standings. History teaches us that there are those who, like Nani, have worn the Black Sweater in the street and the Pink Knight in life and business by founding one of the most important bicycle brands in the world. Cycling is a life school and even the last in the ranking will honor the race and the jersey that he wears. "

Fausto Pinarello tells the company today: "My dad always spoke with pride of that beautiful black anecdote, wearing it was not a hassle: in Cycling there is never the last runner but simply who comes after the winner, Ours is a unique sport for humanity and sharing. I am therefore very happy to be able to reintroduce it, this is a jersey that brings with it great sporting values ​​and I'm sure those who wear it will never feel the last. "

The Giro d'Italia Under 23 Enel misses the road since 2012. It will start on June 9th from Imola to finish at Campo Imperatore on the 15th of the same month after seven stages and 956 kilometers. At 30 teams and 180 runners in what is anticipated as one of the most important races of the year for youth cycling internationally.

Press Office Giro d'Italia Under 23 Enel
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    http://www.okoloslovenska.com/en/live

Slovaquie prologue is under way. Brozyna with the best time so far.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    https://twitter.com/TourofSlovakia/status/872785087271751680

Also part of the break are Viel, Vorobyev, Pruus and Leopold.

~4 minute gap.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

He could end up with a good GC position looking at the remaining stages.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    https://twitter.com/TeamManzana/status/873161330995417088

Tratnik picked up another bonus second too.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    https://twitter.com/CCCProTeam/status/873183178240012288

Zamparella and Halilaj bridged to Bernal and Vilela, but the gap is still coming down.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1424
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    Fyen Rundt [1.2] 220.2km

First of a Danish double header of UCI races and the Norwegians take two steps of the podium :o

#unox UNO X Hydrogen devo team put two riders in the 20 man lead group and placed both on the podium. On the finish laps in Odense Audun Brekke Fløtten drove a gap in the last 5kms and soloed to victory. Teammate Syver Wærsted outkicking a phalanx of Danes for third.  #roskilde Giant Castelli's Casper Pedersen kept Danish flags waving with a drive for second place. #trek Trek's Mads Pedersen also lined up at the start as part of a Danish National team packed with MTB talent - Simon Andreassen finished 30th.

Great win for Fløtten who seems to like the Danish races. He was 2nd at Himmerland Rundt in April, and of course second last year at this race. Especially so since this is his first race back after being hit by a car.  Full Norwegian write up here 

https://twitter.com/VegarKulset/status/873528790353408000

https://twitter.com/UnoXteam/status/873535640167645184

We'll see if the Danes can get their act toether at GP Horsens today
  • ReplyReply

• ciranda

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 155

One of my favorite people in the world won stage three of Ronde de l'Oise yesterday.

On the hill on the final circuit with 50km to go Rasmus Quaade attacked with seven others. Five km from the line the lead was 22 seconds to a group of around twenty who had escaped on the last hill. A number of good teams in the race like Fortuneo, Armee de terre, Burgos so not bad. His next target will be the national time trial championships.

- I wanted to go fast to make the others tired. With 2.5 km to go I take a hard turn and the rider behind has to sit over his turn. I notice a small gap so I start to go harder. I was not sure it was a good decision and one other guy came up. He takes one pull and then I gave everything and he lost contact. I continued superhard and it was uphill to the finish but I crossed the line solo. It was really nice to just ride the others down especially with headwind in the end, Quaade said in a statement from the Giant Castelli team.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1424
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    GP Horsens Posten [1.2] 191.4km

Danes reclaim the podium  :P

Casper Pedersen improved on his second place on Saturday by claiming the top step of the podium today. 6 riders (#veloconcept Guldhammer, #bornholm Christiansen, #riwal Brøchner,  #roskilde Casper Pedersen,  #colocult Veyhe and  #unox Brekke Fløtten) attacked with 40km to go. As the race hit the final 5km lap Guldhammer. He was brought back with 2km to go and Pedersen outsprinted Guldhammer and Veyhe

Olympic medalist Pedersen is chasing the dream of a pro-contact
    For Casper Pedersen's years of outstanding achievements on the field has really been transferred to the road this season. The young Dane won earlier in the season a stage in the Flèche du Sud and took bronze for U23 DM, and this weekend has he shown that he really be counted as one of Danish continental of cycling strongest riders.

Yesterday he was just four seconds from victory in the Fyen Rundt, and today, he took revenge when he won after a great spurt in a five-man group.

• ReplyReply

• Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1266
    I don't like considering it a "smaller race" but no time for a thread of its own which will only interest I, me and myself anyway but Wout Van Aert brilliantly won the Tour of Limburg (1.1).

The route seemed unchanged since last year. Back then I shared with you a recognition by local rider Amaury Capiot for Het Belang van Limburg and as you can see it was quite cobbled/dirtroaded (I wish I could find the time to translate that article).

http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20170611_02920433/wout-van-aert-bezorgt-verandas-willems-crelan-eerste-zege-van-het-seizoen

Wout Van Aert Gave Verandas Willems its First Victory of the Season [On the Road]: "Hopefully It's the Start of Something Nice

The zero is gone for Vérandas-Willems Crelan. The Belgian ProContinental team has its first victory thanks to its cyclocrosser Wout Van Aert.

After hardly 20km of racing Kenneth Vanbilsen, Diether Sweeck, Corné van Kessel and Rob Ruijgh opted for the attack. A bit further they were joined by Guillaume Bonnafond, Brian van Goethem & Steven Tronet. After 60km of racing the 7 riders had a 1'30" lead on the peloton wherein mainly the Wanty Groupe Gobert riders defined the tempo. All of a sudden it went too quick for [cyclocrosser] Diether Sweeck [Laurens' twin brother] and he had to let his companions go. The rest were also caught with 40km to go and that's how a compact peloton approached the 3 local laps of 11k each.

That was the signal for Wout Van Aert, Dorian Godon, Gianni Vermeersch, Jim Aernouts, Wim Reynaerts, Kevyn Ista, Benjamin Thomas en Etienne van Empel to accelerate. For Van Aert it even still was too slow and he made a brutal attack with 13km to go but before the start of the final lap Van Aert was also caught. However the group was reduced to Van Aert, Godon, Vermeersch, Thomas and Van Empel. [Having seen the finale live I can say that Etienne Van Empel attacked twice but twice was caught as well and Van Aert's sprint (slightly uphill) was impressive. Also I've always wondered whether Etienne Van Empel was related to Micki??]. Wout Van Aert is Timothy Dupont's successor

The series of cobbles and small climbs is in my favour. Everything went as wished. There was a breakaway group but Wanty Groupe Gobert perfectly kept everything under controle. Also the 200km distance was in my favour. At the start of the local laps I felt I still had a good margin. In the heat of the finale we managed to attack with the 7 of us. From the start of this escape onwards the collaboration within this group was perfect. Everybody raced for the win. The finish zone which is slightly uphill was also a bonus. It's a real relief because it's the first win for myself and for the team this season in a UCI race after a spring with a lot of injuries.

I didn't realise Lars Van der Haar was 7th. Go Jackie Russell!!!  :) :cool

I don't know what happened to Mathieu Van der Poel though.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: World Championships 2017 by hiero
    [September 24, 2017, 22:50]

Re: World Championships 2017 by Mellow Velo
    [September 24, 2017, 22:04]

Re: World Championships 2017 by Echoes
    [September 24, 2017, 21:34]