collapse

Joelsim

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1263
    • Music To Your Ears
  • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
My guess is Si Clarke again, just pipping Reichenbach on the line.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8691
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    G.P. Industria & Artigianato / Participating Teams
    • #teamit Nazionale Italia
    • #cannondale Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team
    • #orica ORICA-Scott
    • #bardiani Bardiani - CSF
    • #katusha Team Katusha - Alpecin
    • #gazprom Gazprom-RusVelo
    • #bahrain Bahrain Merida Pro Cycling Team
    • #wilier Wilier Triestina
    • #bora Bora - Hansgrohe
    • #novonordisk Team Novo Nordisk
    • #uae UAE Team Emirates
    • #androni Androni Giocattoli - Sidermec
    • #movistar Movistar Team
    • #nippo Nippo - Vini Fantini
    • #gm GM Europa Ovini
    • #damico d'Amico - Utensilnord
    • #sangemini Sangemini - MG.Kvis
    • #unieuro Unieuro Trevigiani - Hemus 1896
    • #0711 0711|Cycling
    http://www.larcianeseciclismo.com/maglie-iscritti.html

I don't see any live coverage listed on Eurosport or Rai at the moment. Maybe it'll be streamed online only
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    I don't see any live coverage listed on Eurosport or Rai at the moment. Maybe it'll be streamed online only

scheduled to be live on l'Équipe21, 14:50cet  :cool

http://www.lequipe.fr/programme-tv/agenda-2017-03-05.html

so most likely PMGSports will stream it online (and usually unrestricted) on their Facebook page as well
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    provisional start list:

not bad at all, with Vanmarcke, Clarke, Uran, Nibali, Visconti, Navardauskas, Yates, Goncalves, Restrepo, Firsanov, Pippo, Gavazzi, Amador, Betancur, Barbero, Harry Dondo, Santaromita and so on. And also Nairo Quintana was confirmed thiy morning (although not on the list yet)

so most likely PMGSports will stream it online (and usually unrestricted) on their Facebook page as well

and this is confirmed now:

(gt) Follow the live broadcast of Sunday from 14:25 on the Facebook page of PMG Sports and www.pmgsport.it! PMG Worldwide Rightsholder & Producer

http://www.pmgsport.it/ciclismo-cup-2017-a-larciano-va-in-scena-il-terzo-atto/
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1421
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    Now to be shown live on the Bike Channel from 2-30pm cet.

Post Merge: March 05, 2017, 08:22
    Just adding the parcour.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:22 by Mellow Velo, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5663
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    I'll add that the weather is said to be not much (if at all) better than today.

And the seven guys I'll be rooting for:
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    today's finishing circuit, mapped by @raffilpt

• ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    it came down to the expected selective race, won by Adam Yates ahead of some Colombian from Movistar only Joel ever heard about before. The commentator was screaming "Betancur, Betancur", but unfortunately it wasn't him

Full Coverage in HD is already available on PMG Sports website :cool

http://www.pmgsport.it/video/ciclismo-cup-2017-g-p-industria-artigianato/
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali

March 23rd to 26th

The Settimana Internazionale di Coppi e Bartali – Trofeo Banca Interprovinciale 2017 was presented the other day. It s a bike race run over four days in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. Between 1999 and 2000 it was called Memorial Cecchi Gori while it was also previously held as Giro di Sardegna and Giro di Sicilia. The race is named after Italian cyclists Gino Bartali and Fausto Coppi. Since 2005, it has been organised as a 2.1 event on the UCI Europe Tour. It is considered one of the most important stage races in Italy and is organized by Gruppo Sportivo Emilia.

As usual, the race will follow the same pattern as usual, starting with a double stage on day 1, giving the sprinters a chance before heading into the 4 men TTT. The two hilly stages on day 2 and 4 are likely to decide the gc, with another chance for the sprinters in between.

1a tappa - 1a semitappa: Gatteo - Gatteo 97.8 km

1a tappa - 2a semitappa: Gatteo a mare - Gatteo (cronosquadre) 13.3 km

2a tappa: Riccione - Sogliano sul Rubicone 130 km

3a tappa: Crevalcore - Crevalcore 171.4 km

4a tappa: Fiorano modenese - Sassuolo 160 km

The race usually attracts a good range of decent riders, so that we had some strong guys on the honor roll over the past years:

1st 2nd 3rd
    2016      *ru   FIRSANOV    *it   FINETTO    *it   MOSCON
    2015      *za   MEINTJES    *gb   SWIFT    *hr   KVASINA
    2014      *gb   KENNAUGH    *it   CATALDO    *it   RABOTTINI
    2013      *it   ULISSI    *it   CUNEGO    *co   RUBIANO
    2012      *cz   BARTA    *pl   HUZARSKI    *it   ULISSI

Rumors say, it's due to the nice podium gifts, that this year the list of participators features even three World Tour teams - two more than in the past two editions - and also some other interesting names
    • #cannondale Cannondale Drapac Pro CT: Villella, Dombrowski
    • #sky Team Sky: Viviani, Sebastian Henao, Thomas, Deignan
    • #dimension Team Dimension Data: Pauwels, Venter
    • #teamit Nazionale Italia
    • #amore Amore & Vita – Selle SMP: Halilaj, Zamparella
    • #androni Androni Giocattoli – Sidermec: Torres, Bernal, Cattaneo
    • #bardiani Bardiani – Csf: Pirazzi, Ruffoni
    • #strongman Bicicletas Strongman: Tamayo
    • #cajarural Caja Rural: Arroyo
    • #ccc CCC Sprandi: Ponzi, Samoilau
    • #damico D’Amico Utensilnord: Samparisi
    • #direct Direct Energie: Sicard, Boudat, Calmejane, Voeckler
    • #fortuneo Fortuneo Vital Concept: Feillu, Bouet, Sepulveda
    • #gazprom Gazprom Rusvelo: Foliforov, Firsanov
    • #gm GM Europa Ovini: Pacchiardo
    • #kolss Kolss Team: Polivoda, Buts
    • #lokosphinx Lokosphinx: Evtushenko, Sokolov
    • #minsk Minsk Cycling Club: Bazhkou, Ramanau. Papok
    • #nippo Nippo Vini Fantini: Cunego, Arredondo, Santaromita
    • #sangemini Sangemini MG K Vis: Orrico
    • #baku Synergy Baku: Averin
    • #wiggins Team Wiggins: Wood, Fedrigo
    • #tirol Tirol Cycling Team: Fortin, Frankhauser
    • #unieuro Unieuro Trevigiani: Viel
    • #wilier Wilier Triestina: Belletti, Pozzato, Mareczko
    #sky Geraint Thomas is likely to be the favorite, but Androni brings all the firepower they have, and are likely to be super motivated - same as Firsanov, trying to defend his title for Gazprom. You can never be sure if the same applies for the French teams, but both Direct Energie and Fortuneo look very good on paper as well.

A very interesting addition are the small Colombian mountain goats of #strongman Bicicletas Strongman, coming to Europe for the first time (I think). And no, Pierrick Fedrigo has not signed for Team Wiggins.

There will be no live coverage, but highlights should be available in the evening, probably also unrestricted on PMG Sports website now.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10460
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    the full start list is now available. Sky brings only 6 men, putting Kenny in the 2 men team for the TTT, so that doesn't look like they are too confident in his GC ambitions :lol

there are some interesting riders in the race though, among them #gazprom Firsanov & Foliforov, #cannondale Dombrowski & Slagter, #teamit Finetto, #androni Bernal & Cattaneo, #bardiani Pirazzi & Ciccone, #fortuneo Bouet & Sepulveda and #baku Pozdnyakov.

edit: ah, well, and #sky Viviani for the sprints of course, facing #androni Malucelli and #wilier Mareczko

Highlights will be available on Rai Sport, Bike Channel and PMG Sport (online) at 18:00 cet each evening
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1235
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    In #2043 of races I know nothing about  is THIS... But I am INTRIGUED.
    First of many Qs...Why the 4man TTT?

and  :I can't stop smiling at the thought of feisty Kenny being towed around by Lopez

Thanks for this, it will brighten up my day no end :cheer
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    First of many Qs...Why the 4man TTT?
    Excellent question. All I can come up with is: Why not? :dizzy

It gives the big teams or those strong at TTT less of an advantage (which, some would say, is an unfair advantage) over the smaller teams less accomplished in TTTing. In that way, it's actually a good idea.
    And it means that spectators will have twice as many passes of riders!
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1421
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
     This race is a long time fav of mine.
    No silly big mountains where sod all happens.
    Just lots nasty rampy stuff to splinter the race into pieces.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Stage 1a is underway 27 km no break
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Stage 1a is underway 27 km no break

Blimey, not even time for a leisurely breakfast... VAI VAI Kenny
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Excellent question. All I can come up with is: Why not? :dizzy

It gives the big teams or those strong at TTT less of an advantage (which, some would say, is an unfair advantage) over the smaller teams less accomplished in TTTing. In that way, it's actually a good idea.
    And it means that spectators will have twice as many passes of riders!

I think it's a great idea. I do like a TTT in it's proper place.  But overly long in shorter stage races unbalances the whole race. This is a good way to rectify that, though I can see it's not going to work everywhere.

This race is a long time fav of mine.
    No silly big mountains where sod all happens.
    Just lots nasty rampy stuff to splinter the race into pieces.

I am excited to follow it this year - and tending to agree about big set piece long haul drags \o/
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    team Sky doing best impression of a Volta Catalunya stage profile  :lol

https://twitter.com/TeamSky/status/844830479098363904

I'm assuming Lopez is just going to put Kenny in his pocket for the TTT
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

2 Frenchies broke away from the BOTD

• ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain

2 Frenchies broke away from the BOTD

Pichon of the Piglet on fire right now...  and I'll certainly not forget he's with FVC now ;p
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    #fortuneo on fire! :cool
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    #nippo Harry Dondo DNS :fp. Dombrowski, Pirazzi, Pozdnyakov, Foliforov all lost time
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    the second semi-stage was won by CCC, #direct Calmejane remained in the lead

53 minutes of highlights from day 1 are available on PMG Sport's Facebook page

edit: also in HD now on the website: http://www.pmgsport.it/video/coppi-e-bartali-23-marzo/
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 18:08 by search »

killswitch

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 934
    the second semi-stage was won by CCC, #direct Calmejane remained in the lead

53 minutes of highlights from day 1 are available on PMG Sport's Facebook page

edit: also in HD now on the website: http://www.pmgsport.it/video/coppi-e-bartali-23-marzo/
    David Lopez only 47 seconds down.  :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • Joelsim: The huge winner today - Landa.
    just some guy: Aye he marginal gained the flip out of it

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    David Lopez only 47 seconds down.  :cool
    Quite impressive really!
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 788
    • Awards: Reigning Vuelta Prediction ChampRio Olympic Games Prediction Champ
    Geoghegan Hart well placed, as are Gibbons and Bernal.

Kenny and Lopez beat Gazprom's team with Foliforov  :S :S :o :o :lol :lol
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    Kenny and Lopez beat Gazprom's team with Foliforov  :S :S :o :o :lol :lol

yeah 20th from 44 teams, and some not even that bad. That's quite impressive I'd say.

Interesting that Arredondo (according to PCS) came 35th in the TTT after not finishing the 1st stage btw :P
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Race Calendar

Today's Events

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: 2017 Giro CQ Game by DJW
    [April 27, 2017, 23:17]

Re: Tour de Romandie by t-72
    [April 27, 2017, 22:56]

Re: For those who like it slow by t-72
    [April 27, 2017, 22:24]

Re: Official Prediction Game 2017 by del1962