collapse

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1320
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
2017 Coupe de France
« on: January 30, 2017, 15:57 »
*fr 2017 Coupe de France de cyclisme sur route *fr

With the running of GP La Marseilles yesterday, it is time for the annual post on that bedrock of French cycling. Ah oui mesdames et messieurs, je vous présente La Coupe de France 2017.

Usually the phrase 'season long narrative' makes me very cross, especially when it is being shoe-horned into somewhere where it makes no sense whatsoever. However, this is not the case for the Coupe de France. A national competition to find the best individual, best young rider and best team over a series of one day races throughout the season works extremely well and makes absolute sense.

Scoring
Individual and Young Rider
2016 was the first edition where ALL riders in the race were eligible to score points for the individual best rider and best young rider competition, and as far as I am aware this will be the same for 2017.

Points are awarded as follows:
Position123456789101112131415
Points503525201816141210865333

Team Competition
The team competition remains an entirely French affair. It's a little more complicated and so this is from Wikipedia...
Each race, the positions of the first three riders of each French team are added to give the team position. The team with the lowest team position is the winner of the team competition for that race. E.g.: a team having their first three riders all on the podium will have a team position score of 1+2+3=6 and since no other team will have a lower team position, this team will win 12 points for the team standings. Note that only French teams can score points.

Points are awarded as follows:
Position12345678910
Points12987654321

Quick recap from 2016
The series turned out to be a close fight between two times winner Ag2r's Samuel Dumoulin and Belgian sprinter Baptiste Planckaert (Wallonie-Bruxelles), with both riders separated by just one point before the final race at  Tour de Vendée. Dumoulin finished ahead of Planckaert in the to secure his third overall win. Best young rider was Bryan Coquard, and best team went to HP BTP–Auber93. All the results and final standings can be found here.

Here's a super little visual roundup. Come on! Who doesn't enjoy a bit of Timberlake with their French cycling[1]?

And of course there is the traditional PMU awards night at the hippodrome, where for once Samuel Dumoulin is not the shortest man in the room  :lol

Coupe de France calendar 2017
Round Date Race Won by Leader Best team
#1 29 Jan GP La Marseillaise #fdj *fr Arthur Vichot #fdj Vichot #ag2r AG2R La Mondiale
#2 18 Mar Classic Loire Atlantique #fortuneo *fr Laurent Pichon #fortuneo Pichon #fortuneo Fortuneo Vital Concept
#3 31 Mar Route Adélie  #fortuneo *fr Laurent Pichon  #fortuneo Pichon  #fortuneo Fortuneo Vital Concept
#4 2 Apr Roue Tourangelle  #auber *fr Flavien Dassonville  #fortuneo Pichon  #fortuneo Fortuneo Vital Concept
#5 11 Apr Paris-Camembert #cofidis *fr Nacer Bouhanni #fortuneo Pichon  #auber HP BTP - Auber93
#6 13 Apr GP de Denain   #fdj *fr Arnaud Demare  #fortuneo Pichon   #fortuneo Fortuneo Vital Concept
#7 15 Apr Tour du Finistère  #armee *fr Julien Loubet  #fortuneo Pichon  #fortuneo Fortuneo Vital Concept
#8 17 April Tro Bro Leon #armee *fr Damien Gaudin #fortuneo Pichon #fortuneo Fortuneo Vital Concept
#9 27 May GP de Plumelec-Morbihan #ag2r *fr Alexis Vuillermoz #fortuneo Pichon #fortuneo Fortuneo Vital Concept
#10 28 May Boucles de l'Aulne  #fdj  *no Odd Eiking #fortuneo Pichon #fortuneo Fortuneo Vital Concept
#11 30 Jul Polynormande
#12 3 Sep GP de Fourmies
#13 10 Sep Tour du Doubs
#14 17 Sep GP d'Isbergues
#1 1 Oct Tour de Vendée

I'll try and keep this table updated as the season gets going.

LNC Coupe de France webpage is HERE
 1. answers on a postcard please
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 17:26 by Not My Circus »

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5855
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Re: 2017 Coupe de France
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 12:33 »
    I'll try and keep this table updated as the season gets going.
    Fixed the non-appearing *fr & #fdj for you. :)
    Those smileys don't like to directly follow a comma, so make sure to leave a space in front of them. ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

jimmythecuckoo

• Genius James
    • Road Captain
    • Liked: 719
    • Loving this weather... not.
      • Fendrien
    « Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 10:41 »
    The higlights show was presented by Marion Rousse so all good as far as I am concerned.

That football invading the sprint was a little un-nerving though.
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Classic Loire Atlantique
    La Haye-Fouassière  to La Haye-Fouassière, 182.8km
    Round Two Coupe De France
    Sat 18th March

It's been a long time since #1 of the Coupe de France way back on 29th Jan hasn't it? So much racing under our belts that's it's hard to recall the day #fdj Arthur Vichot cocked a snook at curses and took the win GP La Marseillaise.

However, #2 is upon us AT LAST. I know we'll all be in La Primevera mode, but let's not forsake the French altogether[1] because the hilly circuits that make up the Classic Loire Atlantique always provide some exciting racing.

It's your typical Coupe de France race. A tough, hilly parcours that will be aggressively raced, hard to control and therefore completely unpredictable. Since it's inclusion in the competition in 2012 it has never come down to a bunch sprint finish. Florian Vachon (Bretagne-Seche) won from a two-up sprint in 2012, but since then Cammaerts, Gougeard (twice) and Turgis all took victory from a solo move.

Previous Winners
    2016 | TURGIS Anthony
    2015 | GOUGEARD Alexis
    2014 | GOUGEARD Alexis
    2013 | CAMMAERTS Edwig
    2012 | VACHON Florian
    2011 | WESTRA Lieuwe
    2010 | MANGEL Laurent
    2009 | BESSY Cyril
    2008 | GAZTANAGA Mikel
    2007 | JALABERT Nicolas

2016 Edition

2016 saw  #cofidis Cofidis take the race apart. They put 5 riders in the decisive 8 man break and finished with 4 in the top 5. Anthony Turgis went solo on the final lap and with 4 team mates in the 7 man chase group, stayed away to take victory by over a minute.

https://twitter.com/m_chaillot/status/711297003033124864

2016 was a particularly brutal edition, with only 49 finishing from the 168 on the start line. This wasn't due to bad weather, it was the sheer speed and aggression of the racing, with many saying it was a harder race than #MSR

https://twitter.com/PDiegner/status/711641506839453696
    https://twitter.com/PDiegner/status/711598250227310593

Parcours
    Map

182.8km sees the peloton cover 11 laps of a lumpy 16.8km circuit in the hills south of La Haye Fouassiére.  The hilly circuit is really an invitation to attacks and that makes the race very unpredictable.

There are two main climbs. Chateau-Thebaud is tackled at 7.5km and the St-Fiacre-sur-Main at 9.8km. After the St Fiacre the remaining 7km is rolling all the way to the finish. The last 3km is fairly straightforward, with a slight uphill drag to the line.

Little YouTube preview of the course here...with a slideshow of the climbs

2017 Start List
    Teams. As below PLUS a French National team

Confirmed start list

Who'll stand atop the podium?
    As I said, it's unpredictable and much will depend on how the bigger teams ride the race. You're looking for in-form riders, those who can sniff the winning move and have the strength to stay with it. Start looking for your needle in the giant haystack now. Me? I'm going with the brown shorted Vuillermoz :cheer

[b]Live Streams[/b]
    Not sure yet. It's not listed on either Cycling Fans or Pro Cycling Live
    Eurosport seem to have it listed, and I'm certain there will be a French stream. I'll update with any I find.

Direct Velo will have a liveticker

Social Media
    Website
    Race Twitter @ClassicLoire44 Hashtag #Classic44
    Facebook
     1. *cough* ALLEZ Demare and Bouhanni
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 19:42 by Not My Circus »

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:16 »
    Start List HERE
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 17:09 »

What was I saying about bunch sprints at the Classic Loire Atlantique??? But wait all is NOT what it appears from the table.

Going into the final lap, we had a group holding 18secs or so on the peloton -  (Boudat, Voeckler (Direct Energie), Dumoulin (AG2R-La Mondiale), Fournier, Eiking (FDJ), Cunff, Maldonado, Oien (Caja Rujal), Lietaer , Van Gestel, Van Lerberghe, Sprengers (Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise), Cousin, Hofstetter (Cofidis), Offredo, Vanspeybroucke (Wanty-Groupe Gobert), Cosnefroy (France) Vachon, Perchon, Feillu, Bonnamour, Vital Concept). The eagle eyed amongst you will see that  #fortuneo FVC (best kit in the PC peloton) had four in there.

In last 10km Franck Bonnamour attacked. He was brought back, and almost immediately Laurent Pichon (yep had to remind myself he is not with  #fdj #dokeepupmidge) zipped off the front. To be joined by a resurgent Bonnamour. With 2km to go the Breton pair were holding 8secs. Under the flamme rouge, Bonnamour gave one last pull for his teammate. Pichon must have felt the hot breath of the rampaging pelton, but he BELIEVED and was REWARDED :cheer  First over the line by a few metres, certainly not enough to get a time gap.

#direct Boudat got up for second, with  #cofidis Hofstetter (he of the cool hair) rounding out the podium. At least that's how I think it went down from the liveticker... I'm away to find a video. ...

So really it was a solo break win... JUST...on a technicality  :lol

https://twitter.com/directvelo/status/843146513463296002

OT... but this made me laugh. I 3> Daniel Mangeas
    https://twitter.com/blaisou85/status/843145371408830464
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 14:28 by Not My Circus »

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9058
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 17:13 »
    take that, T-72  :D
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 845
    • Awards: Reigning Vuelta Prediction ChampRio Olympic Games Prediction Champ
    « Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 23:03 »
    PCS and CQ can't appear to agree between them whether it was Boudat or Hofstetter who finished 2nd
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 23:17 »
    Boudat is correct, as far as I can see

http://matsport.fr/resultat/2017/CLA/pdf/Resultats/01_Resultats_Complet.pdf

maybe it was different in the provisional result?
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 07:34 »
    Boudat is correct, as far as I can see

http://matsport.fr/resultat/2017/CLA/pdf/Resultats/01_Resultats_Complet.pdf

maybe it was different in the provisional result?

It was close (see below). I did see a couple of tweets saying Boudat third at the time, but it was corrected pretty quickly - at least on direct velo

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 14:23 by Not My Circus »

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Fed up with getting bounced all over the cobbles?[1]
    Never fear Coupe de France racing is BACK with a double header of crazy racing over one very long weekend!

FIRST UP...

La Route Adélie de Vitré 1.1
    Vitré  to Vitré , 197.8km
    Round Three Coupe De France
    Fri 31st March

AHHHHH Vitré

On the frontier between France and Brittany, Vitré was once one of the region’s most important towns. Its 15th and 16th-century buildings rival Dinan for medieval quaintness and its fairytale castle will delight young and old.

And this Friday it will also be delighting cycling fans :cheer

Always held on the Friday before Flanders, it's return to the Coupe de France series in 2012 added another of those hilly courses with the usual aggressive racing. It's been won by the fast men who can climb and the puncheur - from a break or a reduced bunch sprint. Take your pick !

Previous Winners
    2016 | COQUARD Bryan
    2015 | FEILLU Romain
    2014 | COQUARD Bryan
    2013 | MALAGUTI Alessandro
    2012 | FERRARI Roberto
    2011 | DION Renaud
    2010 | GAUTIER Cyril
    2009 | COPPEL Jérome
    2008 | ISTA Kevyn
    2007 | PAURIOL Rémi

2016 Edition

#direct Direct Energie controlled the race all day and #LeCoq delivered the win in a reduced sprint #cofidis Venturini and #ag2r Dumoulin. But not before leaping off in a late break attempt with #ag2r Cyril Gautier (who else).

Yes I know it says 2015...but it IS the 2016 resume. I've set it to start on the final run to the line. It's a pretty nifty rise they have to tackle up through the medieval streets.

https://youtu.be/3sMtAcXje2A?t=18m14s

Parcours
    Consists of two sets of circuits to the north of Vitré.

Grande Boucle 6 laps of a 21.1 km circuit                                                                                               

There are two major climbs: the Cote de Cheneliere after 3.8km and the Cote de Perouse about 3km towards the end. However, there isn't much flat terrain in between the two.

Petite Boucle: 8 laps of an 8.9km circuit

Runs out along the coast and also includes the Cote de Cheneliere. The final kilometres are rollings before they hit the technical finish.

Finish

The last 3km see a roundabout and handful of tight corners before they hit the final 300m uphill kick for the line.

Start list
    Not fully confirmed as yet... so far we have

Bryan Coquard does not ride, but  #direct bring Thomas Boudat fresh from stage winning success at Coppi e Bartali. Samuel Dumoulin and Clem Venturini are both listed.

Live Streams
    Not sure yet. It's not listed on either Cycling Fans or Pro Cycling Live
    Eurosport France have it listed, so pretty certain something will turn up. I'll update with any I find.

Social Media
    Website
    Race Twitter @RouteAdelie Hashtag  #RouteAdelie (doesn't seem to be very active)
    Facebook... UPDATED regularly

FINALLY - Let's all take a minute to appreciate that this is the podium photo when your sponsor makes ice cream  :luv

1.  nor me either, but a little je ne sais quoi may the just the thing to calm those pre and post  De Ronde nerves 
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:59 by Not My Circus »

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    FINALLY - Let's all take a minute to appreciate that this is the podium photo when your sponsor makes ice cream  :luv

I didn't know this! :cool

Also, I now have a craving for ice cream. :lol
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10759
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 20:36 »
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1610
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 22:15 »
    Until this season, Laurent Pichon had never won a race above 2.2 in his eight year career.
    Today, he notched up his third win in under two weeks.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 845
    • Awards: Reigning Vuelta Prediction ChampRio Olympic Games Prediction Champ
    « Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 07:15 »
    Until this season, Laurent Pichon had never won a race above 2.2 in his eight year career.
    Today, he notched up his third win in under two weeks.

Are you allowed to point out facts like this without following it up with  :shh :shh :shh :-x :-x :-x ?
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 22:23 »
    Four Bretons and and Estonian leap into a break....
    The race got complicated to control as the wind came into play on the final small circuits. From the front echelon #fdj David Gaudu attacks and takes with him fellow Bretons #fortuneo Laurent Pichon, #ag2r Cyril Gautier, #cofidis Julien Simon and Estonian #auber Alo Jakin. They hit the last lap 8km circuit with 25secs in hand and made it to the line just in front of the peloton.

https://twitter.com/FortuneoVitalC/status/847849288554172417

from Laurent  Pichon to Direct Velo...
    Everything seems to be running for the team too ...
    David Gaudu put a good attack and it came out. We knew it was a customer when you see what " He was able to do recently on the Tour de Catalunya.

So I followed his attack ... "I CAN SAVOR"

The agreement was good?
    Yes, everyone rolled except Cyril (Gautier) who was protecting Samuel Dumoulin. This is the game ... I did not focus too much on him. There was nevertheless a good understanding, especially with a rider like Julien (Simon) whom I know well. It was very hard with the wind. The Direct Energie team was lonely behind to roll on us and she stuck.

How did you manage your sprint?
    I could savor by going up the others to the sprint! In Italy, I launched from afar and I was afraid that Calmejane goes back to me. On the Classic Loire-Atlantique, the peloton was on my heels and I thought it was going to come back. Today, It is different because it is me who goes up the others. Julien launched his sprint 200 meters from the line. Cyril was in his wheel, slightly on the right. I was on the left along the barriers. I thought I was locked up and that I was not going to be able to disengage ... But Julien opened the door to me, going towards the center of the road. I could go up on the left ... It's top! We had a great team race all day.

You already think of Tro Bro Leon?
    Before that, I'm going to chain next week with the Circuit de la Sarthe. I was well on this race last year. I m ' Was sacrificed to save Marc Fournier's yellow jersey. I think I had the legs to play the podium. This year, I will take the race from day to day ... Now it will only be a bonus. And indeed, there will be my heart racing, the Tro Bro Leon. Just before, I will also participate in Paris-Camembert and the Tour du Finistère.

Everything seems to be running for the team too ...
    The atmosphere is family oriented. We have a smaller workforce compared to what I've known at the FDJ. We are only 20 runners. Inevitably, we have more a club atmosphere ... There are many Bretons. We have, for example, common anecdotes about the races that we have been able to do among young people. Which is nice. Had the legs to play the podium. This year, I will take the race from day to day ... Now it will only be a bonus. And indeed, there will be my heart racing, the Tro Bro Leon. Just before, I will also participate in Paris-Camembert and the Tour du Finistère.

Lire la suite : http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/57063/laurent-pichon-c-est-incroyable

COUPE DE FRANCE RANKINGS AFTER #3
    Rider
    Pichon 100 points, Vichot 50 points, Boudat 47 points

Young Rider
    Boudat 47 points, Calmejane 25 points, Hoffstetter 25 points

Team
    Fortuneo Vital Concept 28 points, Cofidis 24 points, Ag2r 20 points
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 17:22 by LukasCPH »

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    Hot on the heels of Round 3 we have Round 4 - this one has the even shorter straw of being on the same day as De Ronde...
    Here's a quick rundown

La Roue Tourangelle 1.1
    Ste-Maure-de_Touraine to Tours, 200km
    Round Four Coupe De France
    Sun 2nd April

The race has moved to the beginning of April rather than at the end. Last year it marked the first win of the season by  #ag2r Samuel Dumoulin after a injury marred start. He got away with Olivier Pardini (Wallonie) and Julien Duval (Armee) and beat them in the three up sprint.

Parcours 2017
    The actual route varies from year to year, but the race ALWAYS finishes in Tours. There are no loops or multiple laps of the same circuit, it's one 200km point to point race over some lumpy territory- think mini Paris-Tours. 

From Feltet.dk preview via Google translate
    This year, the riders traverse 200 km, leading it from the new startby Ste-Maure-de-Touraine to the French metropolis. The real start walking in the nearby town Pouzzay and from there back down to one 114 km long circular route that takes them through the area south of the city and back to Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine. Along the way you must climb no less than 12 small increases, but none of it is longer than 1 km, and there are small hills. Comes after the first 11 km and then follows the smoothly advantage with the latter by 101 km.

After the passage of the start town goes first to the north, next to the west and eventually to the northwest up to the Lignieres-de-Touraine, reached after 163 km. This piece includes a total of six small hills, including two with a length of 1200 m. From there it will head Tours, and the rest of the race follow mostly the main road to the northeast. Along the way to make, however, a few detours, which means that in all, over seven smaller increases. They come with respectively 35, 33, 27, 25, 19, 14 and 10 km to the goal. The last one is the 600-meter Cote L'Epan known from the finals of Paris-Tours. Then it goes through flat terrain in Tours where one ends the race with the back put a game on a flat 4 km long circular route. It contains quite a lot of wine, including two in the final kilometer. The last coming just 600 meters from the line.

Compared to last year's route is the first whole redesigned, but there is the same inlet to Tours, where the final lap is extended and modified. Overall, the route being slightly harder.

Despite the climbs, in the last four years (since it became 1.1) this race has come down to a battle between the fast men with wins for  #fdj Mickael Delage (2013) and  #fdj Lorrenzo Manzin (2015). But it also gives opportunities for late breaks and solo attacks.

Start List

confirmed line up...

Podium Chances

If it goes down to a big bunch sprint...
    #cofidis Nacer Bouhanni / Clem Venturini #fdj Davide Cimolai / Lorrenzo Manzin #direct Thomas Boudat  #fortuneo Dan McLay #armee Yannis Yssaid  #ag2r Sondre Holst Enger (not been on stellar form after illness)

Looking to cheat the bunch...
     #ag2r Samuel Dumoulin  #fdj David Gaudu  #direct Jonathan Hivert  #fortuneo Florian Vachon

Social Media
    Website
    Twitter
    Facebook

Follow
    French Eurosport show it
    Direct Velo will have a live ticker

Bonus Madiots
    The 14th Edition of the The Trophée Madiot

La Nouvelle Republique
    There are names that speak in the bicycle. Madiot is one of them. Even for young cyclists who were not born when Marc and Yvon Madiot pinned their last bib.

The Madiot Trophy, 14 th edition, addresses cadets and its success is growing year by year. Each of its sleeves, there are seven to eight per year, gathers 140 to 160 runners. Sunday in Lignières-de-Touraine, for the first foray of the Trophy in Touraine, they will be 180. All records are beaten. Never in the department a cadet race, it is certain, has collected so many committed.
    The race is a prologue to the Roue Tourangelle. The cadets use the same circuit as the pros, from Lignières to Tours, for 36 km. After the first pass on the finish line, they will have six laps of the final circuit to be performed; Total distance 56 km. The reputation of the Madiot Trophy has spread far from its Mayennial roots.
    Sunday, at the start, You will find runners from all over France, Languedoc, Picardy, North, Brittany, Normandy, Limousin, really from everywhere. Names are of interest: Kenny and Enzo Casper of AC Montdidier, Louka Pagnier of Argenteuil Val de Seine 95, second of the Madiot Trophy last year and three victories in 2017, and Hugo Page of ES Auneau. A super tough Hugo Page, of ascendancy Tourangelle: five races in 2017, five wins, one last Sunday with eight minutes ahead. Last year and three victories in 2017, and Hugo Page from ES Auneau. A super tough Hugo Page, of ascendancy Tourangelle: five races in 2017, five wins, one last Sunday with eight minutes ahead. Last year and three victories in 2017, and Hugo Page from ES Auneau. A super tough Hugo Page, of ascendancy Tourangelle: five races in 2017, five wins, one last Sunday with eight minutes ahead.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3837
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 18:48 »
    It's a win for #auber Flavien Dassonville.. :)

• ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

t-72

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1236
    « Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 20:18 »
    Come on, he won what? A goat?  :lol
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #19 on: April 03, 2017, 00:25 »
    Come on, he won what? A goat?  :lol
    How cool is that?! :cool
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 09:11 »
    It's a win for #auber Flavien Dassonville.. :)

:cheer thank you Flo. I had this written then left it in my drafts and forgot to post - I'm blaming having to go and lie down after De Ronde ;p

I had NO IDEA there were goats on offer and that pic is a KEEPER o/

LOVE

https://twitter.com/pierre_carrey/status/848613246655504384

A gratuitous Tibbles and goat pic because ...why not :D

• ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 10:09 »
    It's time for THE BIG CHEESE!!!!

Paris-Camembert 1.1
    Saint-Germain to Livarot (200k)
    Round Five Coupe De France
    Tues 11th April

First of hectic 4 race within a week which culminates with Tro-Bro Leon on Sunday. It's a hilly course and it's position on the calendar makes it a perfect warm for those French riders targeting Amstel Gold on Sunday.

Within the Coupe de France this is a race with a fine and proud tradition in it's own right. It was first run back in 1934 as Paris Vimoutiers, changing to it's current name in 1943. the race website has a wonderful archive of press clippings through the years.

1953    1972    1981

Previous winners
    2016 | GAUTIER Cyril
    2015 | LOUBET Julien
    2014 | COQUARD Bryan
    2013 | FEDRIGO Pierrick
    2012 | PERICHON Pierre-Luc
    2011 | CASAR Sandy
    2010 | MINARD Sébastien
    2009 | CASPER Jimmy
    2008 | VALVERDE Alejandro
    2007 | JOLY Sébastien

2016 Edition
    last year  #ag2r Cyril Gautier and  #fortuneo Anthony Delaplace just managed to hold their advantage over the peloton at the line. But as you can see from previous winners, it does suit a sprinter as well.

Parcours 2017
    Like many of these old races the names bears little relation to actual start and finish towns, and this year we have a completely different route with a familiar start in Pont-Audemer but a finish in Livarot

It's rolling to start, then a series of Cat 1 climbs one after the other, then a testy rolling finish.

Climbs
    [csv=,],,
    Cat 3, Cote de Canapaville, at 95km
    Cat 2, Cote de Roiville, at 109.5km
    Cat 1, Cote de Moulin Neuf, at 125km
    Cat 1, Mur de Champeaux, at 129km
    Cat 1, Cote de Renouard, at 131km
    Cat 1, Cavee the Croutees, at 138km and again at 149km

After 175km the race enters the first of two different finishing laps both to include the uncategorized Cote del'Angleterre (2.5 km, 4%).  This increase is tackeled with 17.5km to go and again with 5.5km to race.  This is followed by a 1 km long descent, while the last 4 km are almost flat.

Have a look at at Feltet for the in depth preview. It's in Danish but google translate will do a good enough job.

Start List

confirmed line up...

Podium Chances

It's your usual chaotic and difficult to control Coupe de France madness that could suit the puncheur, the sprinter that likes a climb, or the breakaway specialist.
    Punchy names that stand out: 
    #ag2r Samual Dumoulin,  never ruled out
    #fdj Arthur Vichot  and #direct Lilian Calmejane fresh from success at Sarthe
    #fortuneo have a team full of aggressive riders Romain  Hardy, Arnold Jeannesson, Laurent Pichon (though he has been ill) and Anthony Delaplace
    #armee Julien Loubet and  #joker also went well at Circuit des Ardennes last week.

Sprinty names to look for  #cofidis Nacer Bouhanni,   #armee Yannis Yssaad

Social Media
    Website
    Can't find a twitter account but the hashtag is #ParisCamembert

Follow
    French Eurosport show it
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:42 by Not My Circus »

Not My Circus

• Road Captain

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 16:09 »
    RESULTS from Camembert

#armee Damien Gaudin and #direct Perrig Quémeneur made the BOTD at 10km ad were only reeled in with 30km to go. From then on there was a flurry, NO... more like a  spate of attacks. Just about everyone tried their luck from a group of about 40 riders, and each time they were reeled back in by a determined  #cofidis Cofidis team.

All the work paid off as there was no one to match Nacer Bouhanni on the run to the line. That man  #ag2r Samuel Dumoulin got up to take second and I was THRILLED to see #fdj Kévin Reza take third. So brilliant after his horrendous fall at the Vuelta and extension at  FDJ.

https://twitter.com/fbleubnormandie/status/851797782885261312

Laurent Pichon placed 7th and still leads the Coupe de France standings

#fdj Arthur Vichot was dropped with 50km to go  :TT :TT :TT

• ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 08:10 »
    Midge! Why did you leave out all the important information? :S

66kg :win :win
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 10:35 »
    Midge! Why did you leave out all the important information? :S

66kg :win :win

OOOO because I didn't know *curls in a corner with shame*
    Camembert now winning over the goat ... almost on a par with tonnes of salmon from the Arctic race ;p
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 15:26 »
    GP de Denain [1.HC]
    Denain to Denain, 196.4km
    Round Six Coupe De France
    Weds 15th April

Missing the scenery of Northern France? Never fear the GP de Denain is here to ease your pangs. Traditionally run on Easter Tuesday during the festivals and the carnival of Denain, this is a jewel of French sprint cycling. Think Schelderprijs style bragging rights.

I mean who can forget that brilliant mazey finish last year when  #fortuneo Dan McLay threaded his way through ever decreasing gaps to snatch victory from  #direct Thomas Boudat. Just in case, here you go - MARVEL!!!!

https://twitter.com/Jase_A/status/722506796191993856

The first edition of the Denain Grand Prix, which was open to professionals, was won in 1959 by Irishman Seamus Eliott. It was not until the victory of José Samyn in 1967 that a French rider finally inscribed his name on the list. The next year, Jean Stablinski won. After a prestigious success, the former world champion was keen to start from Denain with the bouquet that had always refused him since the start of his participation in the Grand Prix.

It should be noted here that all the French winners are still Northerners, Robert Mintkewicz in 1977, Jean-Philippe Pipart in 1979, Bruno Wojtinek achieved the first double in 1986 and 1987.Jimmy Casper is currently the record holder of the victories with four bouquets (on three different finishes).

Since 1994 Daniel Mangeas has been running the whole race for the great joy of all his friends who come for the race but also for the comments of the ex-voice of the Tour. The event that has been part of the Coupe de France since the first edition in 1992 has become an inevitable date on the international calendar. As of April 14, the 2016 edition will attract even bigger teams now that the event has entered the UCI 1:HC category.

Get your toes tapping and appetite whetted with this video

Previous winners
    2016 | MCLAY Daniel
    2015 | BOUHANNI Nacer
    2014 | BOUHANNI Nacer
    2013 | DéMARE Arnaud
    2012 | HAEDO Juan Jose
    2011 | CASPER Jimmy
    2010 | FLAHAUT Denis
    2009 | CASPER Jimmy
    2008 | BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
    2007 | CHAVANEL Sébastien

Top-10 2016
    1.MCLAY Daniel
    2.BOUDAT Thomas
    3.DEHAES Kenny
    4.PLANCKAERT Baptiste
    5.MANZIN Lorrenzo
    6.VENTURINI Clément
    7.FRANCZAK Paweł
    8.OPIE Chris
    9.ALAPHILIPPE Bryan
    10.CHETOUT Loïc

I'm pleased to see the race on the calendar after some worrying financial difficulties. Also very glad to hear they have found the money to have the race televised live on Eurosport.

Just to show the scope of what the organisation has to achieve. The websites states that the 196.km course needs to be manned by 534 marshals as it traverses across 54 municipalities spread over six intercommunalities.

Parcours 2017
    It's altered a little from previous editions. The race does not pass through the towns north of Valenciennes for various reasons. But the BIG news is that for the first time in ages a sector of pave appears  :cool

The 196.4km are broken into three loops:
    Boucles 1, 56km, 1 lap
    Flat with 2 of the 5 sprint points

Boucles 2, 99km, 1 lap
    The final 3 sprint points are here along with the five mountain hotspots (65.4km, 76.2km, 82km, 96km, 120km). The 'climbs' range between 72 and 107m in height, so they're not going to trouble the fast men. This citcuit also has the 1.8km pave sector. In fact one of the climbs is on the pave at Artres which comes 82km into the race. Not sure what the condition of the pave is, but I've seen mention of tarmac so doubt we are talking Arenberg tombstones.

Boucles 3, 20.7km finishing circuit, 2 laps
    Flat and not particularly technical, there is a roundabout at 2km to go. The final 5km dips slightly and should ensure a fast and straight run for the line.

Start List

line up as of 11th April...

This is going to come down to a duel between ex team mates #fdj Arnaud Demare and #cofidis Nacer Bouhanni. Expect a sprint train battle on a grand scale. Nacer comes fresh from a win in Paris Camebert and Arnaud from 6th at Paris Roubaix. Currently the reigning champion Dan McLay is not listed on the start sheet.  #direct bring Thomas Boudat who was second last year and has looked fast this year. I'm not going to name all the sprinters, but check the start list and pick your favourite.

Follow
    French Eurosport from 2pm CET

Yeah, that's your basics...but OBVIOUSLY we're on tenterhooks to see what the organisers come up with for podium prizes... Can they beat the HUMONGOUS Camembert or the CUTE goat of cuteness... See that's a whole new Coupe de France category right there mes amis
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 17:31 by Not My Circus »

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 12:15 »
    Bit off topic...

But I've only just noticed these team posts from  #gazprom Gazprom-RusVelo

https://twitter.com/RusveloTeam/status/852444895407157249
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 17:18 »
    And the bragging rights go to  #fdj and Arnaud Demare. The bleu blanc rouge sprint train played a blinder and Daniel Hoelgaard delivered their man to perfection.  #cofidis are going to be sick as dogs, controlled most things until the last throw of the dice. Nacer Bouhanni hopped off the train late and never got on terms.  Will you just look at who made podium... #manzana with youngster Molano.

https://twitter.com/ALTIPLANORADIO/status/852550382677106690

I have no news of podium prizes as yet

• ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    « Reply #29 on: April 15, 2017, 09:27 »
    Tour de Finistère
    Saint-Évarzec to Quimper, 194.8km
    Round Seven Coupe De France
    Sat 18th March

The third race of the week and the action moves to Brittany and the pretty town of Quimper and it's surrounding countryside.

After two races where the sprinters have held sway, the Tour de Finistère with it's narrow winding roads and short steep climbs is a puncheurs paradise.... which sometimes suits a strong sprinter.

Previous Winners
    2016 | PLANCKAERT Baptiste
    2015 | DE TROYER Tim
    2014 | DEMOITIE Antoine
    2013 | GAUTIER Cyril
    2012 | SIMON Julien
    2011 | FEILLU Romain
    2010 | VACHON Florian
    2009 | CHAMPION Dimitri
    2008 | LELAY David
    2007 | BROUZES Niels

2016 Edition

2016 produced a reduced bunch sprint where Wallonie-Bruxelles, Baptiste Planckeart stormed home in front of  #ag2r Samuel Dumoulin and  #fdj Alexandre Geniez

Parcours[1]
    Map

clearer on this one from Lasterketa Burua

The peloton start out on a big 150km of loop of Quimper which takes in 6 categorised climbs, and many uncategorised...there's really not much flat here. After that they'll complete  laps of the 9km finishing circuit in Quimper. On each lap they tackle two climbs Côte de Meilh Stang Vihan (12.5%) and the Côte de la Voie Romaine which pitches up to 12%.

Finishing circuit

Last 4 km

After final climb there's around 700m false flat towards the finish line. It's not a simple run in either with several twists and turns to catch out the unwary.

2017 Start List

Guessing the smart money will be on  #ag2r Samuel Dumoulin. Don't discount Coupe de France leader  #fortuneo Laurent Pichon or  #direct Thomas Boudat. #fdj start with a small team but I'd be thrilled to see David Gaudu at the sharp end. Dark horses - anyone from  #joker Joker. They've been on several successful Viking raids recently

]Live Streams
    Pretty sure French Eurosport will show it.

Social Media
    Website
    Twitter hashtag is #TourDuFinistere
    OOOOH nearly forgot - Podium prizes :cheer.
    A quick look at the sponsors show
    2 charcuteries and a biscuit manufacturer - very promising.
    However, my favourite is

Jaunty Breton stripes AHOY!
     1.  get Google translate on the preview at Feltet
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 09:58 by Not My Circus »

Race Calendar

Today's Events

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks