collapse

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1295
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
Re: 2017 Coupe de France
« on: March 18, 2017, 17:09 »

What was I saying about bunch sprints at the Classic Loire Atlantique??? But wait all is NOT what it appears from the table.

Going into the final lap, we had a group holding 18secs or so on the peloton -  (Boudat, Voeckler (Direct Energie), Dumoulin (AG2R-La Mondiale), Fournier, Eiking (FDJ), Cunff, Maldonado, Oien (Caja Rujal), Lietaer , Van Gestel, Van Lerberghe, Sprengers (Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise), Cousin, Hofstetter (Cofidis), Offredo, Vanspeybroucke (Wanty-Groupe Gobert), Cosnefroy (France) Vachon, Perchon, Feillu, Bonnamour, Vital Concept). The eagle eyed amongst you will see that  #fortuneo FVC (best kit in the PC peloton) had four in there.

In last 10km Franck Bonnamour attacked. He was brought back, and almost immediately Laurent Pichon (yep had to remind myself he is not with  #fdj #dokeepupmidge) zipped off the front. To be joined by a resurgent Bonnamour. With 2km to go the Breton pair were holding 8secs. Under the flamme rouge, Bonnamour gave one last pull for his teammate. Pichon must have felt the hot breath of the rampaging pelton, but he BELIEVED and was REWARDED :cheer  First over the line by a few metres, certainly not enough to get a time gap.

#direct Boudat got up for second, with  #cofidis Hofstetter (he of the cool hair) rounding out the podium. At least that's how I think it went down from the liveticker... I'm away to find a video. ...

So really it was a solo break win... JUST...on a technicality  :lol

https://twitter.com/directvelo/status/843146513463296002

OT... but this made me laugh. I 3> Daniel Mangeas
https://twitter.com/blaisou85/status/843145371408830464
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 14:28 by Not My Circus »

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [Today at 11:03]

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [Today at 10:45]

Re: Road Nats 2017 by Leadbelly
    [Today at 10:27]

Re: Road Nats 2017 by Not My Circus
    [June 23, 2017, 21:00]

Re: Road Nats 2017 by pastronef
    [June 23, 2017, 20:07]