collapse

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1320
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
Fed up with getting bounced all over the cobbles?[1]
Never fear Coupe de France racing is BACK with a double header of crazy racing over one very long weekend!

FIRST UP...

La Route Adélie de Vitré 1.1
Vitré  to Vitré , 197.8km
Round Three Coupe De France
Fri 31st March

AHHHHH Vitré

On the frontier between France and Brittany, Vitré was once one of the region’s most important towns. Its 15th and 16th-century buildings rival Dinan for medieval quaintness and its fairytale castle will delight young and old.

And this Friday it will also be delighting cycling fans :cheer

Always held on the Friday before Flanders, it's return to the Coupe de France series in 2012 added another of those hilly courses with the usual aggressive racing. It's been won by the fast men who can climb and the puncheur - from a break or a reduced bunch sprint. Take your pick !

Previous Winners
2016 | COQUARD Bryan
2015 | FEILLU Romain
2014 | COQUARD Bryan
2013 | MALAGUTI Alessandro
2012 | FERRARI Roberto
2011 | DION Renaud
2010 | GAUTIER Cyril
2009 | COPPEL Jérome
2008 | ISTA Kevyn
2007 | PAURIOL Rémi

2016 Edition

#direct Direct Energie controlled the race all day and #LeCoq delivered the win in a reduced sprint #cofidis Venturini and #ag2r Dumoulin. But not before leaping off in a late break attempt with #ag2r Cyril Gautier (who else).

Yes I know it says 2015...but it IS the 2016 resume. I've set it to start on the final run to the line. It's a pretty nifty rise they have to tackle up through the medieval streets.

https://youtu.be/3sMtAcXje2A?t=18m14s

Parcours
Consists of two sets of circuits to the north of Vitré.

Grande Boucle 6 laps of a 21.1 km circuit                                                                                               

There are two major climbs: the Cote de Cheneliere after 3.8km and the Cote de Perouse about 3km towards the end. However, there isn't much flat terrain in between the two.

Petite Boucle: 8 laps of an 8.9km circuit

Runs out along the coast and also includes the Cote de Cheneliere. The final kilometres are rollings before they hit the technical finish.

Finish

The last 3km see a roundabout and handful of tight corners before they hit the final 300m uphill kick for the line.

Start list
Not fully confirmed as yet... so far we have

Bryan Coquard does not ride, but  #direct bring Thomas Boudat fresh from stage winning success at Coppi e Bartali. Samuel Dumoulin and Clem Venturini are both listed.

Live Streams
Not sure yet. It's not listed on either Cycling Fans or Pro Cycling Live
Eurosport France have it listed, so pretty certain something will turn up. I'll update with any I find.

Direct Velo will have a liveticker

Social Media
Website
Race Twitter @RouteAdelie Hashtag  #RouteAdelie (doesn't seem to be very active)
Facebook... UPDATED regularly

FINALLY - Let's all take a minute to appreciate that this is the podium photo when your sponsor makes ice cream  :luv

1.  nor me either, but a little je ne sais quoi may the just the thing to calm those pre and post  De Ronde nerves 
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:59 by Not My Circus »

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: Stagiaires 2017 by Leadbelly
    [Today at 08:02]

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by Leadbelly
    [Today at 07:59]

Re: [2.HC] Tour of Utah by hiero
    [July 25, 2017, 23:10]