collapse

Not My Circus

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1514
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
Re: 2017 Coupe de France
« on: April 01, 2017, 22:23 »
Four Bretons and and Estonian leap into a break....
The race got complicated to control as the wind came into play on the final small circuits. From the front echelon #fdj David Gaudu attacks and takes with him fellow Bretons #fortuneo Laurent Pichon, #ag2r Cyril Gautier, #cofidis Julien Simon and Estonian #auber Alo Jakin. They hit the last lap 8km circuit with 25secs in hand and made it to the line just in front of the peloton.

https://twitter.com/FortuneoVitalC/status/847849288554172417

from Laurent  Pichon to Direct Velo...
Everything seems to be running for the team too ...
David Gaudu put a good attack and it came out. We knew it was a customer when you see what " He was able to do recently on the Tour de Catalunya.

So I followed his attack ... "I CAN SAVOR"

The agreement was good?
Yes, everyone rolled except Cyril (Gautier) who was protecting Samuel Dumoulin. This is the game ... I did not focus too much on him. There was nevertheless a good understanding, especially with a rider like Julien (Simon) whom I know well. It was very hard with the wind. The Direct Energie team was lonely behind to roll on us and she stuck.

How did you manage your sprint?
I could savor by going up the others to the sprint! In Italy, I launched from afar and I was afraid that Calmejane goes back to me. On the Classic Loire-Atlantique, the peloton was on my heels and I thought it was going to come back. Today, It is different because it is me who goes up the others. Julien launched his sprint 200 meters from the line. Cyril was in his wheel, slightly on the right. I was on the left along the barriers. I thought I was locked up and that I was not going to be able to disengage ... But Julien opened the door to me, going towards the center of the road. I could go up on the left ... It's top! We had a great team race all day.

You already think of Tro Bro Leon?
Before that, I'm going to chain next week with the Circuit de la Sarthe. I was well on this race last year. I m ' Was sacrificed to save Marc Fournier's yellow jersey. I think I had the legs to play the podium. This year, I will take the race from day to day ... Now it will only be a bonus. And indeed, there will be my heart racing, the Tro Bro Leon. Just before, I will also participate in Paris-Camembert and the Tour du Finistère.

Everything seems to be running for the team too ...
The atmosphere is family oriented. We have a smaller workforce compared to what I've known at the FDJ. We are only 20 runners. Inevitably, we have more a club atmosphere ... There are many Bretons. We have, for example, common anecdotes about the races that we have been able to do among young people. Which is nice. Had the legs to play the podium. This year, I will take the race from day to day ... Now it will only be a bonus. And indeed, there will be my heart racing, the Tro Bro Leon. Just before, I will also participate in Paris-Camembert and the Tour du Finistère.

Lire la suite : http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/57063/laurent-pichon-c-est-incroyable

COUPE DE FRANCE RANKINGS AFTER #3
Rider
Pichon 100 points, Vichot 50 points, Boudat 47 points

Young Rider
Boudat 47 points, Calmejane 25 points, Hoffstetter 25 points

Team
Fortuneo Vital Concept 28 points, Cofidis 24 points, Ag2r 20 points
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 17:22 by LukasCPH »

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [November 24, 2017, 21:25]

Re: Lappartient by Echoes
    [November 24, 2017, 12:23]

Re: Musings on the 2017 Season by Joelsim
    [November 24, 2017, 12:13]

Re: Team Aqua Blue News by Joelsim
    [November 24, 2017, 11:59]

Re: Lappartient by Leadbelly
    [November 24, 2017, 11:30]