• Liked: 1280
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
Re: 2017 Coupe de France
« on: April 15, 2017, 09:27 »
Tour de Finistère
Saint-Évarzec to Quimper, 194.8km
Round Seven Coupe De France
Sat 18th March

The third race of the week and the action moves to Brittany and the pretty town of Quimper and it's surrounding countryside.

After two races where the sprinters have held sway, the Tour de Finistère with it's narrow winding roads and short steep climbs is a puncheurs paradise.... which sometimes suits a strong sprinter.

Previous Winners
2016 | PLANCKAERT Baptiste
2015 | DE TROYER Tim
2014 | DEMOITIE Antoine
2013 | GAUTIER Cyril
2012 | SIMON Julien
2011 | FEILLU Romain
2010 | VACHON Florian
2009 | CHAMPION Dimitri
2008 | LELAY David
2007 | BROUZES Niels

2016 Edition

2016 produced a reduced bunch sprint where Wallonie-Bruxelles, Baptiste Planckeart stormed home in front of  #ag2r Samuel Dumoulin and  #fdj Alexandre Geniez

Parcours[1]
Map

clearer on this one from Lasterketa Burua

The peloton start out on a big 150km of loop of Quimper which takes in 6 categorised climbs, and many uncategorised...there's really not much flat here. After that they'll complete  laps of the 9km finishing circuit in Quimper. On each lap they tackle two climbs Côte de Meilh Stang Vihan (12.5%) and the Côte de la Voie Romaine which pitches up to 12%.

Finishing circuit

Last 4 km

After final climb there's around 700m false flat towards the finish line. It's not a simple run in either with several twists and turns to catch out the unwary.

2017 Start List

Guessing the smart money will be on  #ag2r Samuel Dumoulin. Don't discount Coupe de France leader  #fortuneo Laurent Pichon or  #direct Thomas Boudat. #fdj start with a small team but I'd be thrilled to see David Gaudu at the sharp end. Dark horses - anyone from  #joker Joker. They've been on several successful Viking raids recently

]Live Streams
Pretty sure French Eurosport will show it.

Direct Velo will have a liveticker

Social Media
Website
Twitter hashtag is #TourDuFinistere
OOOOH nearly forgot - Podium prizes :cheer.
A quick look at the sponsors show
2 charcuteries and a biscuit manufacturer - very promising.
However, my favourite is

Jaunty Breton stripes AHOY!
 1.  get Google translate on the preview at Feltet
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 09:58 by Not My Circus »

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks