collapse

t-72

• National Champion
  • Liked: 1525
Guess who
« on: February 07, 2017, 21:30 »

So, you can see the champion there, can you?
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10824
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Re: Guess who
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 07:47 »
    Goes off to google Norwegian cyclists  :D
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1300
    « Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 07:50 »
    No sugar tonight in my coffee. No sugar tonight in my tea. No sugar to stand beside me. No sugar to run with me :playlist

Sorry, I had no idea. It's just that I needed to wake up.  :lol
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

t-72

• National Champion
    « Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 19:10 »
    Goes off to google Norwegian cyclists  :D

Consider the kit carefully, before you spend tomorrow as well at that  :-x
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6166
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 20:02 »
    So, you can see the champion there, can you?
    Face the truth, t-72.
    Nobody outside *no *at *ch gives any damn at all about alpine skiing - and nobody outside *no *se *fi gives any damn at all about nordic skiing.

So 99% of us not only have no idea who she is, but also lack any motivation whatsoever to find out. :P
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

t-72

• National Champion
    « Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 20:22 »
    So germans don't care about skiing? I have some kompromat :shh

(Just thought I should kick the other sports forum alive as nothing's going on this week except.... )
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 20:55 »
    So germans don't care about skiing?
    Outside of Oberbayern, Thüringer Wald, Erzgebirge and Harz? Not really, no.
    Basically it's only Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Ruhpolding, Oberhof & a few other tiny places. Most German skiers (Alpine and Nordic) come from those three towns.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9445
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 20:58 »
    I actually did watch that race yesterday - but still would have had no clue at all what she looks like...
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

t-72

• National Champion
    « Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 21:37 »
    So, Lukas, you are saying that people from Berlin don't care about skiing?  :D

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 21:46 »
    So, Lukas, you are saying that people from Berlin don't care about skiing?  :D

That's when I'm skiing myself. :D

I don't care about or follow competitive skiing.
    Nowhere near as much as I care about and follow competitive cycling, at least. Or even football. Or handball. Or ice hockey. Or snooker. Hell, even rugby.
  • ReplyReply

• Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1300
    « Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 08:20 »
    I as a Belgian followed alpine skiing extensively in childhood in the nineties. My favourite even was a Norwegian: Kjetil André Aamodt because he was the most versatile of them all. It was also the days of charismatic Italians: Alberto Tomba & Christian Ghedina  ;)

Afterwards with uni it was not easy to keep up. Actually I quit following any sport but cycling at turn of the century. Besides we no longer had Eurosport in Wallonia.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5269
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 20:40 »
    Face the truth, t-72.
    Nobody outside *no *at *ch gives any damn at all about alpine skiing - and nobody outside *no *se *fi gives any damn at all about nordic skiing.

It used to be different. Here in the UK, I would never say skiing was big, but during the eighties, simply because most people only had a handful of channels to watch, Ski Sunday (theme music below) was a fairly popular programme. Well, it was either that or watch a fat Welshman sing hymns.

So while now I would struggle to name many (any) current stars in the world of downhill, I can still remember Stenmark, Zurbriggen and Girardelli.

Who knows, if Musgrave or Ryding can get a medal at the Olympics the sport could make a bit of a resurgence.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9445
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 20:53 »
    So while now I would struggle to name many (any) current stars in the world of downhill, I can still remember Stenmark, Zurbriggen and Girardelli.

Who knows, if Musgrave or Ryding can get a medal at the Olympics the sport could make a bit of a resurgence.

well, most people have heard about Lindsey Vonn I guess... and as someone from a German (speaking) origin, I would also recognize Lara Gut and Vicky Rebensburg, but that's about it I guess - despite watching Ski Alpin more often than not. Nici Schmidhofer... no chance.

And yeah, Ryding seems to be coming in shape right in time for the world championships. That actually could happen
  • ReplyReply

•