collapse

search

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 9239
  • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
Re: Le Tour de Langkawi
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 09:26 »
I want Genting back! And I don't care if the Malaysian Chinese all celebrate Chinese New Year there

wasn't that your own theory only anyway? :D

and regarding Gibbons... DJW called it, I see, so he may know more

Always seems a cool race with unexpected winner, and I might have quiet a few from my CQ teams riding and the one in Jessie Kerrison that I was really hoping for to get into profit. so all good on many fronts  :)

i was thinking maybe the same for *za #didata Ryan Gibbons

:cool
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 849
    • Awards: Reigning Vuelta Prediction ChampRio Olympic Games Prediction Champ
    « Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 10:02 »

and regarding Gibbons... DJW called it, I see, so he may know more

:cool

Not much beyond a few of his results at the end of last season. 7th in Coppa Bernocchi, top 20 in Paris Bourges and 12th in Munsterland Giro when he finished in the lead group and ahead of Kittel, Tony Martin and a few other world tour names. He also put in a huge shift in the *za champs this year and looked strong on the flat as well as hills.

Not a stunning resume, but enough to suggest that he'd be #didata 's strongest card, which in Langkawi is usually good enough for a few stage podiums and the GC.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6014
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 10:07 »
    I like to toot my own horn. ;)

Even if it wasn't CNY, there must be some reason why Genting has been left out of the parcours for three consecutive years.
    Can't those Chinese celebrate their Chinese things in Kuala Lumpur, or Malaysia, or Hainan, or God-knows-where? Surely the business of the richest demographic in Malaysia can't be more important for Genting than the worldwide publicity of having a bike race finish that isn't broadcast live? :P
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9239
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 10:14 »
    well, as mentioned above, there are still roadworks going on, that's the reason:

(gt) "The finish in Genting Highlands can not be used because of the construction work there and we are bound by standard UCI (International Cycling Union)"[1]

http://www.sinarharian.com.my/sukan/tetap-diteruskan-walau-kurang-peruntukan-geran-kbs-1.586816
     1. "kerja-kerja pembinaan" is a much nicer word that "roadworks" btw :D
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6014
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 10:58 »
    well, as mentioned above, there are still roadworks going on, that's the reason:
    For three years running?!
    These people need some German efficiency to come down and get that road done! :admin
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10819
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #35 on: March 01, 2017, 07:20 »

didn´t really bring the heat this year ho hum
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10819
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Latest Roadbooks