collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10826
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
[1.HC] Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne #kbk
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:19 »

JASPER STUYVEN GRANDMA WAS THE PROMISED

"I think, ladies and gentlemen, that we are witnessing here the birth of a whopper!" Michel Wuyts said in direct Sporza broadcast last year. "Here arise legends', also stood on the predictive posters.
For days there nagekaart the penalty tour that Jasper Stuyven when a low drive: just pulling away at 17 kilometers from the finish of a select lead group with Boonen and Van Avermaet and single-handedly hold off the whole platoon. For Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne is a race for sprinters, here come the teams go with one aim: keep everything together and let their sprinting rapste man. If you are a young guy are then smart strong teams off and on your own much stronger, you write a page in cycling history!

And the strange thing is: Jasper promised! And more specifically: Jasper is happy to Kuurne, already long before he was ... Driver For Kuurne , that's grandparents , vake and moeke. In 2010 he was at the start of KBK for juniors, excelling in his jersey of world champion! But subdued because "vake 'grandfather Emmanuel died shortly before. He was in that storm 7th edition after bad luck, but said even then: I come back to Kuurne to win!

In 2016, last year so he got another chance and he was back at the start, now as a professional. Grandma Rosette says : "Jasper had apparently seen me behind the nadars in Kattestraat. He stops, takes off his glasses and gives a kiss. I say, lad, you turn the wind huh. And he says, 'k rows go here! here I go really rows! I thought: of course little man, thou still runs forever ... but apparently he already had in mind that he wanted to show something here for dad. But honestly, I never thought that he would persevere. Did you see that? 17 kilometers, all alone. I was almost crazy, and honestly, I was shouting, but you ass, so far! way too far! But yes, it's a bit of an ass hey ... Kuurns blood ... '

Granny Rosette was in the breakaway still watching on TV, but could not hold out in the office: "He was always with at Oude Kwaremont with Sagan on Nokere with Sagan and Van Avermaet and in the local rounds with a group with Boonen and Van Avermaet and only road ... 17 km! I called out "you ass" , but then "I must go and see, he's going to win! I have to be there or I get something here in my heart! Friends have brought me to the finish as close as possible, I have wedged between everywhere 'I'm his grandmother, I'm his grandmother ...' and honest: it does something! It's a bit of an ass ... hey Kuurns blood.

Occasionally, when he comes in Kortrijk take exams, he stays with 'mummy' stay in Kuurne instead of 'distant' Leuven. Exams? A driver exams? Yes, Jasper also still studying communication management to Howest in Kortrijk , at a reasonable pace, because to exams is a driver not much at home ... 'In October, still in Japan, and now, in early December, the preparation for the new season is already began: he is now in Benidorm for the first team training. That's character, because if they are having 'Young Legs' opstage then go down the other to joke, but he's on his tablet blocks ...

Editor's note 'Young Legs' is a documentary series of Sporza about four young riders: Tim Wellens, Louis Vervaeke, Sean De Bie and Jasper Stuyven who rent a house together for internships in Spain.

That does something, it was a beautiful day! We spent the evening in 't Molenhof drank a beer, alone, but it felt great! Too bad he did not win in the Tour that ride, and if he had the bolleke sweater, there has never been anyone so unhappy with that bolleke jersey. He had him take in ribbons, so he was disappointed. It would have been nice! And of course I hope he's here with Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne weather at the start is not it, but we do not know yet. He gets into the team training normally his program, but if the team starts here in Kuurne, he would normally still have presence hey ... Last week I once again really watched the broadcast of Kuurne, but now I will not be nervous, now it is pure enjoyment!
"

Text: Jos Callens

~pdf technical guide

K-B-K Magazine

:web and info source

:twitter

previous winners
2016   STUYVEN Jasper *be   
2015   CAVENDISH Mark *gb   
2014   BOONEN Tom *be   
2012   CAVENDISH Mark *gb   
2011   SUTTON Christopher *au   
2010   TRAKSEL Bobbie *nl   
2009   BOONEN Tom *be   
2008   DE JONGH Steven *nl   
2007   BOONEN Tom *be   
2006   NUYENS Nick *be

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9471
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Re: Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne #kbk
    « Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 19:54 »
    *be Het Nieuwsblad - Star Rating:[1]

***** Kristoff
    **** Sagan, Démare
    *** Debusschere, Boonen, Groenewegen
    ** Stuyven, Trentin, Roelandts, Coquard
    * Dupont, Theuns, van Poppel, Bouhanni, Cort
     1. from Saturday's issue, before the Omloop
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9471
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:49 »
    also? Who else?
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 09:52 »
    also? Who else?

Paddy Bevan out not sure if that is the also
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 15:44 »

Stuyen strong again

Sagz is an animal

Trentin enjoyed no Boonen for a good result

Benoot coming on well

Rowe the guy is generally around the mark, always seems cooked misses turns good result

#bmc craked under pressure by missing the move and there after 3 verse 5 the 5 are always going to win

Not really sure why the 2 #ag2r riders didn´t help out

anyway fun K-B-K

onto the white sands of Tuscany  after a mid week semi classic in *fr
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6197
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 18:37 »
    #bmc craked under pressure by missing the move and there after 3 verse 5 the 5 are always going to win
    Time to retire their hashtag? :D
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Yellow Peril

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 257
    • Awards: best new member of 2016
    « Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 18:43 »
    Enjoyed both OHN and KBK. Sagan looking super strong. Just how many podiums can he take in this cobbled classics season?
  • ReplyReply
  • Giving my view on life, cycling and the desire to do a sub 26min 10mTT on the Isle of Man @JaunePeril

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 18:51 »
    Time to retire their hashtag? :D

we all knew it was going to backfire

I get why they stayed together, they got close and the kids will have learnt a lesson

Always go with Sagan when he attacks  :lol
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 19:15 »
    we all knew it was going to backfire
    I don't even know what it's supposed to mean.

I mean, of course there's the obvious thing - they don't want the team to crack under pressure - but that's trivial.

Are TAG Heuer watches by any chance able to withstand high atmospheric or other pressure? If they are, and that's why they chose the hashtag, it's ... just ... :-x
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1537
    « Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 19:36 »
    Are TAG Heuer watches by any chance able to withstand high atmospheric or other pressure? If they are, and that's why they chose the hashtag, it's ... just ... :-x

I own one such, given to me as a present some time back: It is supposedly watertight to 50m yet I have given up using it after reparing it multiple times over the three last years because it cannot withstand the waterpressure when I go swimming. On the surface.

I present the evidence, you judge  :D
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 19:43 »
    They have a Tag # as well the don´t crack is the team moto or some such
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 20:40 »
    I own one such, given to me as a present some time back: It is supposedly watertight to 50m yet I have given up using it after reparing it multiple times over the three last years because it cannot withstand the waterpressure when I go swimming. On the surface.

I present the evidence, you judge  :D
    Well, I'm sure they wouldn't want this to make the rounds ... :lol

They have a Tag # as well the don´t crack is the team moto or some such
    It's a daft motto. It's trivial to the point of being a banality. Nobody wants to crack under pressure, but sometimes it happens anyway.
    As someone who has suffered from depression, I also find it insensitive to use in a sport that has a not-so-short history of treating people badly, with mental health problems often being the result.
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1537
    « Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 21:10 »
    • #bmc had four riders in the group.
    • it's Kurne-Brussel-Kurne
    • #trek Jasper Stuyven attacks. (it's becoming a habit, and it is usually decisive).
    • no #bmc rider follows

not a lot of pressure, quite a visible crack!  Just like my TAG watch..

PS: Lukas I think you are overinterpreting "crack" - there is a long step from making the wrong decision in a game thus failing to mental breakdown. I expect the olympic champion can suffer this :)

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 06:16 »
    Lukas I think you are overinterpreting "crack" - there is a long step from making the wrong decision in a game thus failing to mental breakdown. I expect the olympic champion can suffer this :)
    It's not no so much the "crack" part though that has me up in arms; it's the "under pressure" part. These folks are under enough pressure to perform as it is; why add to that with a silly hashtag?

This may sound silly to you. But I've sometimes "cracked" from seemingly absolutely trivial things. This could be one such trivial thing to push someone struggling off the edge.
    Determination, passion, teamwork ... all fine. Pressure? Maybe think twice on that one, please.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 07:46 »
    I recon those 3 sum up the weekend pretty well, probably would add

#ag2r need to work better together and #katusha similar boat to #quickstep
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: Race news 2018 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:35]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:21]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:12]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 05:25]

Re: Retirement announcements by search
    [November 16, 2017, 08:13]

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [November 15, 2017, 20:35]