collapse

search

• World Champion
  • Liked: 13313
  • Awards: 2019 Tour prediction champMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
Re: Tokyo 2020 Olympic Road Race & ITT thread
« on: January 03, 2020, 08:00 »
It does strike me as something that he would be able to appeal if they prevented it.  He has served his time once, was kept out of the last olympics also because of a previous offence and now (according to him) they want to punish him a third time for the same offense.

from my understanding of the rules (at least those applied for the 2018 Winter Olympics) he'll be punished for that forever, yes

To invite individual Russian athletes to the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 [...] Athletes must be considered clean to the satisfaction of this panel:
  • Athletes must not have been disqualified or declared ineligible for any Anti-Doping Rule Violation.
  • Athletes must have undergone all the pre-Games targeted tests recommended by the Pre-Games Testing Task Force.
  • Athletes must have undergone any other testing requirements specified by the panel to ensure a level playing field.
2016 was a but of a different story as Russia was still taking part as a nation back then. For this "OAR" thing the IOC is basically free to invite whoever they want anyway, I think.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Race Calendar

Today's Events

Upcoming Events