collapse

t-72

• National Champion
  • Liked: 1561
Re: Paris - Nice 2017
« on: February 28, 2017, 22:01 »

Stage 8 Nice / Nice
After stage 7, the general classification will have been more or less sorted out, but this final stage, the classic Col d'Eze stage...

(emphasis is mine)

I really agree this is a classic stage - almost every year I have watched it it has been a thrill! this year, as often before - it will feature #sky Geraint Thomas chasing hard downhill. I don't know how he'll make it into there, some confusion on the T-A route perhaps - I just can picture this stage without a Geraint Thomas fall.  :)

(I should have inserted a poll here ... how close to the finish line before he falls?)

Anyway - if Thomas can't fall then it will be #bmc Richie Porte who has to take it. They tend to fall in the same races and on this type of parcours (like - this stage 2015 or 14, can't remember exactly which one - and the Rio Olympics RR) If I recall correctly it is the Chateauneuf descent that has been the slaughterhouse of the (then) team Sky downhill skills. It is in this year's edition but it comes earlier in the race than it used to. A more mellow descent, Cotê de Peille is the second-last descent in this edition. They will go all the way down to Nice (more or less) and then back up the Col d'Eze via La Condamine (the backside, if anywhere close to Europe's recreational real-estate epicenter can be termed backside). The top is then actually a bit higher up compared to the TT route, but they will come down to the bridge at Eze and take the classic descent back into town.

If #ag2r Romain Bardet is actually interested in winning, the route suits him perfectly - but I seem to remember this race is training for his July antics and no big target for him in itself.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: Race news 2018 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [Today at 07:45]

Re: Men's Kits 2018 by LukasCPH
    [December 14, 2017, 21:56]

[December 14, 2017, 21:51]

[December 14, 2017, 21:41]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by LukasCPH
    [December 14, 2017, 21:25]

Re: Team Aqua Blue News by LukasCPH
    [December 14, 2017, 21:25]