collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10824
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Ronde van Vlaanderen vrouwen
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:16 »
Sunday, April 2, 2017 promises to be a high day for cycling loving Flanders. With a new starting place in Antwerp and the return of the Wall of Geraardsbergen promises the Tour of Flanders just to be another historic edition last year. Not only do we know the successor of Peter Sagan at the men, including the Elite Women fight that first Sunday in April to cycling glory in Oudenaarde and the Flemish Ardennes.

Hundreds of thousands of fans saw last year a haunting final with world champion Lizzie Armitstead which the Swedish champion Emma Johansson knocked down a millimeter sprint to the finish line. In 2017 know who is the successor of the British and who the 14th edition of the Tour Elite Voruwen her name may write.

The new regulations of the UCI, the maximum distance for WorldTour races next season will be increased from 140km to 160km. The women receive in 2017 153,3 kilometers (140km last year) and 12 slopes to choose (previous year 10 slopes). Compared to last year covered the Molenberg, the Valkenberg and privateering off the trail. Newcomers are Achterberg, Eikenberg, Ten Bosse, the Wall of Geraardsbergen / Chapel Wall and Pottelberg.

At 11 am the peloton pulls launched on the market in Oudenaarde, where the women after 52 kilometers around 12:20 again expected for a first pass through the center of town. At that time the riders have the cobblestones of the Lange Munte, the Lippenhovenstraat and Paddestraat behind.

After the passage through Oudenaarde wait consecutively 6 ramps and two cobbled sections before the legendary Wall of Geraardsbergen 7th slope is broached at 60km from finish: the Achterberg (after 56km), the Eikenberg (after 63km), the Wolf Mountain (after 66km), the Holleweg (cobble, after 66km), the Haaghoek (after 72km), the Leberg (after 74km), the Berendries (after 79km) and Tenbosse (after 83km).

The Pottelberg after 112km the riders tame the latest entrant in the course. The last 40km are unchanged compared to the wonderful course got to see the fans in 2016. After the Canary Berg (at 35km from the finish) and the Cross / Hotond (at 29km from the finish) are the Oude Kwaremont (at 17km from the finish) and the Paterberg (at 13km from the finish) which again executioner will play deep in the final.

:web :twitter

we may via the twitter account played a role in getting this by the way

https://twitter.com/RondeVlaanderen/status/842716584514850821

previous winners
2016   DEIGNAN-ARMITSTEAD Elisabeth *gb   
2015   LONGO BORGHINI Elisa *it   
2014   VAN DIJK Ellen *nl   
2013   VOS Marianne *nl
2012   ARNDT Judith *de   
2011   VAN VLEUTEN Annemiek *nl   
2010   VERBEKE Grace *be   
2009   TEUTENBERG Ina-Yoko *de   
2008   ARNDT Judith *de   
2007   COOKE Nicole *gb

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:22 by just some guy »
    Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    Re: Ronde van Vlaanderen vrouwen
    « Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 18:03 »
    Next to the hundreds of thousands of spectators alongside the Flemish roads, there will be millions of people sitting in front of their TV-screens all over the world. Thanks to Proximus and Flanders Classics, you will also be able to watch both the podium presentation on the Market Place in Antwerp and the final hour and a half of the Tour of Flanders for Women’s Elite.

Podium presentation – Antwerp

The traditional podium presentation, where the riders sign the start sheet and all the teams are being presented to the crowd on the Market place, will be livestreamed for the whole world via www.facebook.com/Proximusbe (Dutch and French commentary)

Tour of Flanders for Women’s Elite

As from 13.30h CET  the Tour of Flanders for Women’s Elite will be streamed as well for all people outside of Belgium. You can follow it live with English commentary via the official Facebook page of Flanders Classics (https://www.facebook.com/FlandersClassicsofficial/) and the Flanders Classics-website: http://www.flandersclassics.be/en

https://twitter.com/RondeVlaanderen/status/847130750369644544
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 11:44 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1304
    « Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 18:44 »
    I was glad to see some 15' highlights on Sporza. Is it the first time they show highlights of the women's race or did they do it before? It should have been a great race to watch live but of course so was the men's race. Elisa seemed the best on the climbs and in the end I'm glad that young Lotte Kopecky was in contention in the sprint.  :)
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

Francois the Postman

• National Champion
    • Liked: 820
    « Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 20:04 »
    Every year they appear to be showing more and more. Here's hoping.

But that was a crazy long sprint. Did they start that on the Kwaremont?
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 07:55 »

• ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 10:59 »
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r

Echoes

• Road Captain
    « Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 20:09 »

Someday It Should Be Bingo Here

(Het Nieuwsblad – Last Monday)

Lotte Kopecky was a very good 5th after American winner Coryn Rivera

After a nice finale Coryn Rivera (24) can call herself the first Non-European winner of the Tour of Flanders for women. The American was the fastest in a sprint of large group, our fellow countrywoman Lotte Kopecky ended at a good 5th place.

Yesterday it long seemed that a royal quartet with Elisa Longo Borghini, Annemiek Van Vleuten, Anna Van der Breggen and Katarzyna Niewiadoma would compete for the win. On the Kruisberg with 26km from the finish line, the quartet accelerated strongly but the gap never increased above the half minute. With the contribution of a strong Team Sunweb duo Lucinda Brand and most of all Ellen Van Dijk a large chase group could come back with less than 2 km to go, among them was Lotte Kopecky.

When we made the junction I decided to take Cecchini’s wheel but she stayed behind and then I started moving up myself. At that moment Rivera was already passing me. I could not make the sprint I had eyed for. I have never felt so good in a finale this season. I’m disappointed but on the other hand: I’m only just 21 and end 5th at the Tour of Flanders. Then I should be glad. I think I didn’t make a lot of mistakes. I was always at the front and did not have the feeling that I was less strong than anyone else today. Someday It Should Be Bingo Here

Lotte Kopecky is already looking forward to another objective. Next Friday she is leaving for Hong Kong for the Track Worlds where she will partner Jolien D’Hoore for the Madison, openly ambitioning the world title.

In the approach of the track Worlds I trained on the track last week. It seems that that preparation is not that bad to race a good Tour of Flanders. I had already reconed the Tour’s route much earlier because getting the World title is now so much more important. With the juniors I was already very close, now with Jolien it’s really a goal in itself to get that rainbow jersey. I now end 5th at the Tour but it’s not a reason to focus more insistently on the road. The track remains as important until the Tokyo Olympics.

Kopecky’s track mate Jolien D’Hoore never was in contention for the win yesterday and came 5+’ minutes behind.
    I immediately felt that I had no power in the legs. I quickly “turned the nail” [Dutch idiom, I guess] and worked for the team. Certainly because Longo Borghini was really great. Then you shouldn’t doubt. I didn’t want the team to sacrifice themselves for me for a possible 5th place. Now I should try to quickly “turn the nail” with the eyes on the Worlds. With Lotte we should fully target the World Title. Shame that she has just missed the podium. Her performance shows that she’s ready for the Worlds.

D’Hoore even fetched bidons at the team car in the last race hour.

Coryn Rivera : Former Crosser Now Also Wins Classics

Coryn Rivera is a surprise winner and also not again. A few weeks ago she got the Alfredo Binda Trophy. The career of 24 year old American has reached a stream acceleration since she came to Team Sunweb this year. Until last year she only won a few stages in stage races but big wins stay out. In her youth years she seemed to make it as a crosser. She was three time national champion in cross in the youth category but not long after she chose for the road.
    Every year I came to race more and more in Europe and last winter the time seemed right to switch to a European team but I hadn’t expected to win top races so soon. I’m living like in a dream

The Laatste Nieuws article will come in the next few days if you are interested but I'm too tired right now. It has interesting info too.  ;)
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #20 on: April 06, 2017, 12:17 »
  • ReplyReply

• Echoes

• Road Captain
    « Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 21:13 »
    As promised

(Het Laatste Nieuws on the same day)

Lotte Kopecky surprises with 5th place but …

Until Tokyo All for the Track

In Flanders since the development of female cycling Jolien D’Hoore has gained the status as ‘leading lady’. Fairly but the East-Fleming more and more has to deal with the young snake Lotte Kopecky (21): “I’m making firm steps. That’s true”.

It wouldn’t quickly occur to Gilbert, Van Avermaet or Sagan but Lotte Kopecky prepared for this Tour of Flanders … on the track. That’s the way it is. Next Friday, Lotte Kopecky flies off with Jolien D’Hoore to Hong Kong where the Track Worlds are on the agenda. The duo are openly aiming for gold in the Madison. Also, today, tomorrow and on Wednesday, both are training together at the Eddy Merckx Flemish Cycling Center. Lotte Kopecky does not want to leave anything to chance. “I would really like to get a world title. I’ve never succeeded therein yet.”

All things considered the Tour of Flanders was just an “intermezzo” for Lotte Kopecky. Firm if you are then part of a 15-woman lead group sprinting for the win.
    Damn! I had super legs. I digested every climbs without trouble and kept up with the toppers. We kept the quartet in sight that attacked on the Kruisberg (Ellen Van Dijck, Elisa Longo Borghini, Annemiek Van Vleuten and Katarzyna Niewiadoma, ed). After the Paterberg on the long straight roads to Oudenaerde we bridged the gap. At that moment I started to dream a little. In the Ghent-Wevelgem bunch sprint it didn’t prevail because I was in the wind way too soon but here I was better positioned and could wait a little longer. I keep focusing on the track until Tokyo 2020. At that time I’ll still be 24.

Jolien D’Hoore Has a Total Offday

Jolien D’Hoore had expected better of her Tour of Flanders than 61st in a peloton that crossed the line more than 5’ behind winner Rivera, a race in which she was 2nd in 2015. She looked brave at the finish but couldn’t hide her disappointment. “Of course I expected better but quickly noticed that I didn’t have good legs while my teammate Elisa Longo Borghini was perfectly in order. Then you shouldn’t hesitate and play her card. What the reason was? At the moment I’m still in search of an answer. Be that as it may, keep the head up and focus on the track Worlds in Hong-Kong.”

RIVERA Sprints for the Win: Almost Dropped on the Kwaremont

The finale of the 14th edition of the Women’s Tour of Flanders was no food for the hardliners. 19 riders among whom Lotte Kopecky (Lotto Soudal Ladies) sprinted in Oudenaerde for the win and eventually Coryn Rivera could throw her front wheel as first on the line.

A few kilometers sooner, the 24 year old American was almost dropped.
    On the Kwaremont it was very had for me. Anyone who had told me at that moment I would win I would have thought he was crazy. I could just hang up and then my team did everything in order to pave the way for a sprint. That prevailed and I’m happy that I could finish their job off.
    [probably not Coryn’s words, sorry]

Rivera had to look for her own way in the sprint and she did it with style. Full of disbelief she crossed the line with both hands on the face.
    Winning the Tour of Flanders is a dream. It probably cannot get nicer than this. This is by far the most beautiful win of my career. It feels like a dream
  • ReplyReply

•