collapse

AG

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 3389
  • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
Re: Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 05:21 »
What we learned

1 - Gilbert in Monster form.  He hasnt ridden the cobbles in 5 years - and its clear he has the fire in his belly to show the world that he should have been.  In the grand scheme of things this race is not important ... but in the race for leadership of Quickstep at RvV, his show of strength, tactics and leadership were all very important indeed.   

Not winning (or featuring in) E3 was costly for Terpstra in this battle.

2 - Kristoff is in good shape.  He missed the move on stage 1 - but was very strong in his attempt to get back, and would count this race as good preparation for Sunday.  He would be well pleased with it I think.

3 - Durbridge is in good shape ... but I dont think he will be there when it counts on Sunday.  At DDV and again here, when the final selection was made he just wasnt strong enough to stick ... or to bridge on the flat which should be his strength.  Gilbert crossed the top of the Muur with only 4 seconds gap, but Durbridge had used everything to hold him and didnt have enough left in the tank to come back to him.  Phil gained on him on the flats - and that isnt a good sign in a race that was 60km shorter than Sunday will be.    In the crosswinds on stage 2 - its true Durbo's team was lacking .... but Kittel missed the split too, but bridged across.  That Durbridge couldnt close that down early on would be a bit worrying.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: Road Nats 2017 by Not My Circus
    [Today at 21:00]

Re: Road Nats 2017 by pastronef
    [Today at 20:07]

Re: Road Nats 2017 by cj2002
    [Today at 18:08]

Re: Road Nats 2017 by cj2002
    [Today at 18:01]

Re: Roadbooks by Ajax_Hayden
    [Today at 11:00]