collapse

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 5725
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Manzana Postobón thread
« on: March 31, 2017, 11:19 »
"Life is pink" is their team slogan, in the more convoluted Spanish version of "la vida es color de rosa". We didn't have a thread for this team yet, but now they're a ProConti team and just got a Vuelta wildcard.

So here it is - everything about Saldarriaga's little pink helpers.

And we start with an interview of team manager Luisa Rios:
http://www.alpsandes.com/posts/2017/3/30/manzana-postobons-general-manager-luisa-fernanda-rios-talks-about-their-vuelta-invite-and-the-consequences-of-dreaming-big
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 824
    • Awards: Reigning Vuelta Prediction ChampRio Olympic Games Prediction Champ
    Re: Manzana Postobón thread
    « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 12:21 »
    Damn, you beat me to it!

They're riding the two french one day races today and Sunday, some of the promising *co riders racing including Molano, Paredes and Higuita, Molano's wins at Alentejo on hilly parcours will probably make him their choice for today.
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 14:19 »
    Good 2nd for Paredes yesterday, winning the sprint from a small group which came in 6 seconds behind Gorka

3 other #manzana riders in the next group back at 21"

• ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 8853
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampReigning Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 14:28 »
    yep, and they will go to Brabant on Wednesday - probably not the best race for the team, but it's good to see them giving it a try I think.

I remember Colombia doing the race a couple of years ago and Duarte finished 4th back then in basically his first race ever in the north. A result like that would be a bit too much to ask for, but let's just see how it goes.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

DJW

• Road Captain
    « Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 16:56 »
    yep, and they will go to Brabant on Wednesday - probably not the best race for the team, but it's good to see them giving it a try I think.

Well they didn't get much from BP but a good 3rd for Molano today behind Demare and Bouhanni. Beat a few decent ish sprinters including Roy Jans. Not really sure what happened to Boudat but he didn't seem to feature at the end.

• ReplyReply

•