collapse

Poll

Rate Paris Roubaix

AG

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 3485
  • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
Rate Paris Roubaix !!!
« on: April 10, 2017, 10:26 »
Paris Roubaix - good bad or indifferent? 

• ReplyReply

• stereojet

• 2nd Year Pro
    • Liked: 298
    • I'm still learning the ropes
    Re: Rate Paris Roubaix !!!
    « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 15:42 »
    Meh from me.
  • ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 845
    • Awards: Reigning Vuelta Prediction ChampRio Olympic Games Prediction Champ
    « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 16:01 »
    I actually really enjoyed it, more so than Flanders.

Plenty of action in the last 100km with different groups splitting up and coming back together.

I guess the result was pretty clear once Van Avermaet got away at the front, but he put in a super effort to chase back after his puncture and then get ahead in the race.

Daniel Oss worked so hard for him as well. Stuyven put in a great ride too, and Moscon looks ominously good at such a young age.

There's obviously been better editions, but this was tense throughout and right until the end, unlike a lot of races so far this spring
  • ReplyReply

• Capt_Cavman

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1081
    « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 16:49 »
    The thing about this race is that it hardly ever fails to entertain. So not a great edition of the race but still a great race. Lots of tactics, politics and intrigue, some spectacular pictures and a worthy winner from a small bunch sprint. I didn't watch many spring races this year but this was the best of the ones that I caught.
  • ReplyReply

• FreeWheelin

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 76
    « Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 05:50 »
    The thing about this race is that it hardly ever fails to entertain. So not a great edition of the race but still a great race. Lots of tactics, politics and intrigue, some spectacular pictures and a worthy winner from a small bunch sprint. I didn't watch many spring races this year but this was the best of the ones that I caught.

I agree, a not-so-great PR (which this was IMO) is still awesome to watch.  I enjoyed it because I was very happy to see GVA get his big win, but the least entertaining PR in the last few years... but entertaining none the less.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Today's Events

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks