collapse

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 5913
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: Tour of the Alps
« on: April 18, 2017, 22:22 »
Also I have no idea what the rules say...but don't teams get to list 'reserves'... or is that only in some races?
They do get to list reserves on their provisional roster, to be sent in some weeks in advance - up to 50% of the riders scheduled to ride. So for this race, 8 riders + 4 reserves.
But with 72 hours to go, you have to send in your final roster. No changes after that point, although organisers sometimes allow you to switch an injured/sick rider for another one if it happened within those 72 hours. But that's purely down to the organiser's goodwill.[1]

Sorry, but I just don't see the disrespect thing. If the rules say your team must be between 6-8 and they decide to go with 6, so what? It's not like they're turning up with total scrubs to this race or just pootling around.
Deciding to go with 6 would be perfectly alright.
The problem is that their final roster at the 72-hour deadline listed 8 riders, and they then only show up to race with 6 of them. That is disrespectful.
 1. By the way, in 2015, the Giro del Trentino made #cult start with only five riders when they had lots of injuries and asked to be let out of the contract to race - the organiser was adamant they'd have to show up.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Race Calendar

Today's Events

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks