collapse

just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
  • Hall of Fame'r
  • Liked: 10826
  • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
Critérium du Dauphiné 2017
« on: May 30, 2017, 10:55 »
The Critérium du Dauphiné will be the main challenge for many years and will take the peloton for its 69th edition of Saint-Etienne at the Solaison plateau, from 4 to 11 June. A few weeks before the Tour de France, the main favorites will be explained in particular on a new climb to the Alpe d'Huez. The three-time winner and titleholder, Chris Froome, will face rivals who were more sharp than him at the start of the season, such as Alejandro Valverde and Alberto Contador, Romain Bardet, Dan Martin, Richie Porte, Esteban Chaves or Fabio Aru.

Statistics are often wrong, but they are all good questions. When approaching the Critérium du Dauphiné, Chris Froome probably will not waste too much energy to reassess them, but the observation is necessary: ​​since he is the leader of the team Sky, it is the first time he Reached the month of June with a record of victory. A mixed start to the season did not prevent him from imposing on the last two editions of the Critérium du Dauphiné. But in 2017, Froome obtained the best result the 2nd place of a stage of the Tour of Catalonia. The contrast is particularly striking with the track record of his winner that day, Alejandro Valverde, whom he will find as rival at the stage of Saint-Etienne. Totally master of his art on Spanish stage racing as well as on the Ardennes classics, "El Imbatido" never as well earned his nickname and could claim his status as double winner of the Dauphiné (2008-09). The leader of Movistar will find on his way Alberto Contador, who finished 2nd on four occasions this season on stage races. The energy and temperament mobilized by Madrilenian on Paris-Nice for example could be used to seek a first title on the Alpine rendezvous and to relaunch its chances in view of the Great Loop.

But Chris Froome's opponents will not only be Spaniards. The most real threat in 2016, on the Dauphiné as on the Tour, came from the French clan, with Romain Bardet as first pursuer.        Convincing in Liège-Bastogne-Liège (6th), the leader of the AG2R enters the key sequence of his season with a status to be confirmed or even to evolve. Dan Martin, 3rd in Paris-Nice last March and Dauphiné 2016. The list of contenders for the title obviously hosts Richie Porte, who had failed at the foot of the podium last year. But his success on the Tour de Romandie, as well as on the stage queen of Paris-Nice at Col de la Couillole, attests to the progress of the Australian since he left the lap of the Sky. Among the outsiders likely to shine, former winner Andrew Talansky proved on the Tour of California (3rd overall, winner of the stage of Mount Baldy) that it was not far from its 2014 level. It will also be necessary to count on the Colombian Esteban Chaves, in preparation for his first Tour de France after climbing the podiums of the other two major rounds in 2016, as well as on Fabio Aru private by a fall of a participation in the 100th Giro d ' Italia, or Louis Meintjes.

Stages
Stage: 1 - 4 June : Saint-Etienne, 170.00 km
Stage: 2 - 5 June : Saint-Chamond - Arlanc, 171.00 km
Stage: 3 - 6 June : Le Chambon-sur-Lignon - Tullins, 184.00 km
Stage: 4 - 7 June : La Tour-du-Pin - Bourgoin-Jallieu ITT, 23.50 km
Stage: 5 - 8 June : La Tour-de-Salvagny - Mâcon, 175.50 km
Stage: 6 - 9 June : Le Parc-des-Oiseaux - La Motte Servolex, 147.50 km
Stage: 7 - 10 June : Aoste - L'Alpe d'Huez, 168.00 km
Stage: 8 - 11 June : Albertville - Plateau de Solaison, 115.00 km

From the 4th to the 11th of June, the 69th edition of the Critérium du Dauphiné will challenge the main favorites of the Tour de France, for the first time confronted in competition at the formidable Mont du Chat. At the heart of the mountain triptych on which the contenders for the title will be divided, the Dauphiné will stage for the second time in its history at the Alpe d'Huez ... borrowing an unprecedented final.

The meeting is set in Saint-Etienne, which beyond its attachment to football, can also be regarded as one of the French capitals of cycling, with 25 passes of the Tour de France, 59 for Paris-Nice and especially 24 appearances on the Critérium du Dauphiné map. On June 4, the debates will begin with a hectic stage, with three laps of a demanding final circuit including the Rochetaillée coast. The sprinters could find themselves in delicacy, but will certainly have the opportunity to explain themselves on the next two arrivals, in Arlanc and Tullins, before leaving the floor to the riders on a time trial in Bourgoin-Jallieu .

The favorites of the event will already be identified after this solo exercise of 23.5 km, But they will have to mobilize their talents of climbers (and downhill!) On the three days that conclude the week. Immediately before arriving at La Motte-Servolex, those who can do so will be able to climb their claws on the slopes of Mont du Chat, which will stiffen for nearly 9 kilometers, to more than 10% on average. The discovery will be particularly instructive on this climb also on the program of the 9th stage of the Tour de France between Nantua and Chambéry. The Dauphiné will take the next day also airs of July for an arrival at the Alpe d'Huez ... whose approach is totally revisited. A detour sends the riders to divide up the Col de Sarenne, then on the last four kilometers of the classic climb! Nothing, however, will be acquired in the Isère station, Since the 115 kilometers of the next day will leave no respite for those who try to defend their positions: there will be practically no meter of flat, to span the Col des Saisies, then the Aravis and the Colombiere, before s Attacking 11.3 km of the final ascent to the Salaison Plateau (9.2% of average slope). The Tour de France contenders will have to be in the spotlight.

Stage: 1 - 4 June : Saint-Etienne, 170.00 km

Km 11.5 - Col du Pilon 4.8 km from climb to 5.1% - category 3
Km 57.0 - Côte de la Roche 2.2 km from climb to 6% - category 4
Km 61.5 - Coast of Périgneux 1.4 km from climb to 5.8% - category 4
Km 94.5 - Côte de Saint-Romain-les-Atheux 6.8 km from the ascent to 5.2% - category 2
Km 110.5 - Tarentaise coast 2.4 km climbing to 5.8% - category 4
Km 133.5 - Coast of Rochetaillée 3.4 km from climb to 5.4% - category 3
Km 148.5 - Côte de Rochetaillée 3.4 km from climb to 5.4% - category 3
Km 163.5 - Côte de Rochetaillée 3.4 km from climb to 5.4% - category 3

Stage: 2 - 5 June : Saint-Chamond - Arlanc, 171.00 km

Km 5.0 - Côte de Croix Blanche 4.6 km from climb to 4.1% - category 3
Km 79.5 - Col de Verrières-en-Forez 9 km from climb to 4.8% - category 2
Km 91.0 - Col de Baracuchet 6.2 km from climb to 4.9% - category 3
Km 100.5 - Col des Supeyres 2.9 km from climb to 5.6% - category 4

Stage: 3 - 6 June : Le Chambon-sur-Lignon - Tullins, 184.00 km

Km 51.5 - Côte de Saint-Félicien 2.1 km from climbing to 4.5% - category 4
Km 55.5 - Col de Fontayes 2.1 km from climb to 5.2% - category 4
Km 137.0 - Coast of Sarrets 2.9 km from climb to 4.9% - category 3
Km 144.5 - Côte de Roybon 1.4 km from climb to 5.8% - category 4

Stage: 4 - 7 June : La Tour-du-Pin - Bourgoin-Jallieu ITT, 23.50 km

Stage: 5 - 8 June : La Tour-de-Salvagny - Mâcon, 175.50 km

Km 1.5 - Côte de Belmont-d'Azergues 1.4 km from climb to 8.6% - category 3
Km 50.0 - Côte de Régnié-Durette 1.4 km from climb to 5.4% - category 4
Km 64.0 - Col du Fut d'Avenas 8.8 km from ascent to 5.1% - category 2
Km 69.5 - Côte d'Ouroux 2.5 km from climb to 4.6% - category 4
Km 80.5 - Col de Champ Juin 2.8 km from climb to 5.2% - category 4
Km 142.5 - Col du Bois Clair 3.6 km from climbing to 3.9% - category 4

Stage: 6 - 9 June : Le Parc-des-Oiseaux - La Motte Servolex, 147.50 km

Km 46.5 - côte de Corlier 6.4 km from climb to 5.4% - category 3
Km 110.5 - Côte de Jongieux 3.3 km from climb to 5% - category 4
Km 132.0 - Mont du Chat 8.7 km from rising to 10.3% - category H

Stage: 7 - 10 June : Aoste - L'Alpe d'Huez, 168.00 km

Km 27.5 - Côte de Berland 1.2 km from climb to 8.1% - category 4
Km 44.0 - Col du Cucheron 7.7 km from ascent to 6.1% - category 2
Km 56.5 - Col de Porte 7.5 km from climb to 6.7% - category 1
Km 135.0 - Côte de Garçin 3.5 km from the ascent to 6.4% - category 2
Km 153.5 - Col de Sarenne 15.3 km from climb to 6.9% - category H
Km 168.0 - Alpe d'Huez 3.7 km from ascent to 7.2% - category 2

Stage: 8 - 11 June : Albertville - Plateau de Solaison, 115.00 km

Km 30.0 - Col des Saisies 15.1 km from ascent to 6.4% - category 1
Km 56.0 - Col des Aravis 6.6 km from climb to 6.9% - category 2
Km 80.5 - Col de la Colombière 11.3 km from climb to 6.1% - category 1
Km 115.0 - Plateau de Solaison 11.3 km from climb to 9.2% - category H

~pdf Critérium du Dauphiné / Roadbook

:twitter :web

• ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3899
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    Re: Critérium du Dauphiné 2017
    « Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 11:44 »
    Quite a decent parcours. Obviously, Froome is the favorite, but I could also see it go to Porte or Valverde.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 9472
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 16:26 »
    more opportunities to take time on the mountains than in the Tour. So, yeah, if Froome or Porte want a win in France this year, they need to go for it here :P
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012

latino

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 126
    • Saganator
    « Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 11:59 »
    Finally a chance to see Froome vs Porte, after that crash into the motorbike last year (TDF - Mont Ventoux).
    Hope nothing bad happens and we see them head to head.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 18:07 »
    where are Froome's doms though?
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1537
    « Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 19:18 »
    (rant mode on :angry)
    This race should be relegated to HC level or below that. It usually comes with about 200 spectators per stage and that shouldn't
    qualify for WT. It is miles after miles of mostly empty roads except maybe the neighboors peeping out when the peloton races throug a village. This is different from the tour of Abu Dabi in the sense that it doesn't even show us anything but the same roads that will be raced in July. If not this year, then next year or the one after that.

A warm-up race watched only by cycling nerds (like us :) ) should not have a plave on the list of most important races, and the list is too long already.

Tour of Yorkshire >> Criterium de Dauphiné

(rant finishished!)  :-x

(I'll be watching some anyway  :) )

• ReplyReply

• hiero

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 879
    « Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 20:47 »
    Quite a decent parcours. Obviously, Froome is the favorite, but I could also see it go to Porte or Valverde.
    So, who have we got?

LOTTO SOUDAL (LTS)          DE GENDT  Thomas   BEL

AG2R LA MONDIALE (ALM)          BARDET  Romain   FRA

BMC RACING (BMC)                   PORTE  Richie   AUS
            BOOKWALTER  Brent   USA
         DE MARCHI  Alessandro   ITA
         HERMANS  Ben   BEL
         ROCHE  Nicholas   IRL
         WYSS  Danilo   SUI

CANNONDALE DRAPAC (CDT)     TALANSKY  Andrew   USA

ASTANA (AST)     ARU  Fabio   ITA

MOVISTAR (MOV)     VALVERDE BELMONTE  Alejandro   ESP

ORICA - SCOTT (ORS)
         KREUZIGER  Roman   CZE
         YATES  Simon   GBR

SKY (SKY)        FROOME  Christopher   GBR
         DEIGNAN  Philip   IRL
         KENNAUGH  Peter   GBR
         KNEES  Christian   GER
         KWIATKOWSKI  Michal   POL
         LOPEZ GARCIA  David   ESP
         ROWE  Luke   GBR
         STANNARD  Ian   GBR

TREK - SEGAFREDO (TFS)      CONTADOR VELASCO  Alberto   ESP
         BEPPU  Fumiyuki   JPN
         CARDOSO  André   POR
          GOGL  Michael   AUT
         HERNANDEZ BLAZQUEZ  Jesus   ESP
         IRIZAR ARANBURU  Markel   ESP
         THEUNS  Edward   BEL
         ZUBELDIA AGIRRE  Haimar   ESP

I left in supporting doms where I recognize names. Looks to me like Sky and BMC are bringing a decent lot. Aru has a WTF list, and Contador looks undersupported, as seems to be usual (what is it with him and his teams?).

Dimension Data, UAE, Lotto-Jumbo, Direct Energie, Katusha, Cofidis look like they will be going for sprint wins.

Who do I WANT to finish?
    Contador
    Valverde
    Kreuziger / Yates

Who would I bet on?
    Froome
    Porte
    Bardet

Things may change a lot in the first couple of days. All the other names are long shots, except Aru, who has to be predicted in the top 5.
  • ReplyReply
  • Eeyore sez . . .

Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 23:13 »
    Contador doesn't need much support here though. His best domestiques are riding Suisse, it's good for them to have a chance to ride for themselves.
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• National Champion
    « Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 12:38 »
    So, who have we got?

ASTANA (AST)     ARU  Fabio   ITA

I left in supporting doms where I recognize names. .... Aru has a WTF list, and Contador looks undersupported, as seems to be usual (what is it with him and his teams?).

Things may change a lot in the first couple of days. All the other names are long shots, except Aru, who has to be predicted in the top 5.

Not sure I get your thinking on Aru here. He may be back in shape but it is his first real race after injury, so I don't expect much, and he didn't have much to give last year either. Then for the team, Astana brings:

ARU Fabio
    CHERNETCKII Sergei
    FUGLSANG Jakob
    KOZHATAYEV Bakhtiyar
    LUTSENKO Alexey
    SANCHEZ Luis Leon
    STALNOV Nikita
    VALGREN Michael

I'd like to argue that is not a WTF team. Fuglsang won silver in the Olympics last year and has been doing support duties for at Astana's GT captains on a number of occasions. Lutsenko, Sanchez and Valgren should also be familiar names, but maybe the team looks a bit thin on climbers as it seems only Fuglsang is a top notch big mountain man. However if he is as good as he was last year, Aru only needs support to the Col des Aravis, after that he'll be back in the gruppetto.

I am a bit more concerned about Astana's other returning champion (all right not a GT winner) - but Lopez seems to have 0 climbing support to defend his Tour de Suisse win. This team, which animated all the Grand Tour's GC competitions only a few year's back, are now really struggling to field a competitive team for one of them, after the exit of the Nibali crowd, two captains injured and Scarponi dead. I never was a big Astana fan (at least not until Truls Korsæth joined  :) but it is a little bit sad to see them loosing already before the start line.
  • ReplyReply

• hiero

• Road Captain
    « Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 18:12 »
    Then for the team, Astana brings:

ARU Fabio
    CHERNETCKII Sergei
    FUGLSANG Jakob
    KOZHATAYEV Bakhtiyar
    LUTSENKO Alexey
    SANCHEZ Luis Leon
    STALNOV Nikita
    VALGREN Michael

I'd like to argue that is not a WTF team. . . .
    You win! You win!  :D  Don't know quite how I missed Fuglsang, Lutsenko, and Sanchez. Sorry, sorry! No argument!
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1511
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    « Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 09:49 »
    You win! You win!  :D  Don't know quite how I missed Fuglsang, Lutsenko, and Sanchez. Sorry, sorry! No argument!

I had to smile at this. You are both right in a way. Aru is of course only a 'late entry' to Dauphine and TDF. Hiero you are correct in your description of WTF ;p Minus LuLu, who I'm fairly sure would not have ridden if Aru was not there. This is the team AST would have sent with Fuglsang / Lopez (though I'm not sure where the Colombian is these days) to both Dauphine and TDF. However, I'd agree with T-72 this team is not that bad and a hell of lot better than the WTAF team Fuglsang got in 2013 when he finished 7th with no real help at all.

• ReplyReply

• t-72

• National Champion
    « Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 15:57 »
    1st stage, very good ride by Thomas de Gendt and a lack of concentrations on behalf of several teams with wanna-be-stagewinners in the peloton? Once they got into the local laps in St Etienne, there were too many tight turns to make efficient use of the team and train to catch the breakaway. Seeing how the circuit course looked, I can't figure out why they didn't figure it out - but well deserved win for de Gendt.

Browsing the results bottom-up I can't find any of the GC candidates loosing time on the others, so that reads so far so good for the recovery of the comrades of the wounded knees: #orica Chavez and #astana Aru. #sky Froome, #bmc Porte and #trek Contador there as expected and of course #movistar Valverde finshed ahead of them on such a course, which seemed more like a stage from the Paìs Vasco then something out of the Tour de France. With a couple of less undulating stages and a time trial comping up, de Gendt should probably be able to defend his jersey for 2-3 days more.
  • ReplyReply

• hiero

• Road Captain
    « Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 18:17 »
    . . .  With a couple of less undulating stages and a time trial comping up, de Gendt should probably be able to defend his jersey for 2-3 days more.
    That is just what I was thinking - and apparently DeGendt likes our thinking!
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/de-gendt-aims-to-defend-dauphine-lead-all-the-way-to-stage-6
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3507
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 02:27 »
    yeah I think he will wear yellow for a while.

The peleton could have brought them back - but no one really wanted to.  Dimenson Data kept the break in check for ages, then Orica Scott took it up (quite late) to chase ... but no one else wanted to help.

When it got to the critical point, Orica were out of doms and no other team could be bothered ... so De Gendt took it. 

It was well deserved - he had done the vast majority of work in the stage so no complaints here.

• ReplyReply

• latino

• Domestic Rider
    • Saganator
    « Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 12:12 »
    yeah I think he will wear yellow for a while.

I think so too, nice to see him on such good form.
    He went for the mountain points and got away in yellow :D

He'll probably keep it until Mont du Chat on Friday, too steep for him.
    Still, he'll be the surprise of this Dauphine.
  • ReplyReply

• hiero

• Road Captain
    « Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 16:02 »
    . . .
    Still, he'll be the surprise of this Dauphine.
    Stranger things have happened! It is remotely possible he could find a chance to even pick up time on Tues and Thurs. But I think the TT on Wed may also be a day for him to lose the yellow. We shall see! He is no mean TT man himself, so he may be able to hang through on Wed.

However, IF he managed to pick up some time, it could make for a very unusual Dauphine!
  • ReplyReply

• latino

• Domestic Rider
    • Saganator
    « Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 16:38 »
    However, IF he managed to pick up some time, it could make for a very unusual Dauphine!

Very true!

I don't think the favorites are going to let De Gendt gain more time on them, they're alert now.
    But I do think he'll do ok in the TT and might even stay in yellow until Friday.

The first big mountains will destroy him though :P
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• National Champion
    « Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 22:19 »
    Interesting sprint, Demare shows superb accelration and his last kick was actually started by himself, for himself - once again #katusha Katusha (not to mention #didata Dimension Data) spent their train a little early, letting Kristoff off in front just a bit too early. Never a big advantage on uphill sprints.

In case Trudgin reads this: Kristoff is stil recovering from a cold.
    However, #fdj Demare had a kick really unmatched by the other sprinters and clearly was the best today.   
  • ReplyReply

• latino

• Domestic Rider
    • Saganator
    « Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 11:17 »
    I think I was most disappointed with Coquard.
    Finishing in 10th isn't the best way to secure a spot in TdF.
    Things are dicey with the team, ever since he refused to renew.
    Plus, Demare is really strong, might even take the win again today.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 11:56 »
    given the competition at #direct Direct Energie, there's not much need to worry about a Tour selection I guess

tomorrow's time trial doesn't seem to be quite as easy as it looks on the official profile btw:

(via @raffilpt)
  • ReplyReply

• latino

• Domestic Rider
    • Saganator
    « Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 16:46 »
    given the competition at #direct Direct Energie, there's not much need to worry about a Tour selection I guess

Actually I read on CN that the relationship between Coquard and #direct went sour after he announced he wasn't going to renew with them.
    And that his spot on TdF was on the balance, depending on the results in the Dauphine.

Actual quote by Coquard:
    "My manager did tell me that if I don't re-sign then I don't go to the Tour de France. It's a difficult choice, but for the moment if I have good results then I'll go to the Tour de France," he told Cyclingnews.

Source: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/coquards-tour-de-france-start-remains-in-the-balance/

So basically a win = a spot on TdF, otherwise not so sure.

He gave a good response today, coming in second at the bunch, behind Demare and the breakaway group.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 07:52 »
    :web Starting times for the time trial

...and those of the gc guys, and some riders that could be of interest today:

13:09:00      #sky   STANNARD Ian

13:11:00      #bahrain   NAVARDAUSKAS Ramunas

13:16:00      #fdj   KONOVALOVAS Ignatas

13:28:00      #wanty   VAN KEIRSBULCK Guillaume

13:32:00      #bmc   DE MARCHI Alessandro

13:34:00      #fdj   DEMARE Arnaud

14:17:00      #astana   * LUTSENKO Alexey

14:21:00      #orica   * HOWSON Damien
    14:22:00      #sunweb   HAGA Chad
    14:23:00      #quickstep   VERMOTE Julien

14:28:00      #katusha   * POLITT Nils
    14:29:00      #cannondale   * VAN BAARLE Dylan

14:44:00      #direct   SICARD Romain
    14:45:00      #astana   CHERNETSKI Sergey
    14:46:00      #katusha   MARTIN Tony

14:55:00      #bahrain   BRAJKOVIC Janez

14:59:00      #movistar   * SÜTTERLIN Jasha
    15:00:00      #sky   BOSWELL Ian

15:06:00      #ag2r   VUILLERMOZ Alexis
    15:07:00      #trek   CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto

15:11:00      #bmc   BOOKWALTER Brent

15:14:00      #orica   * YATES Simon

15:17:00      #ag2r   BARDET Romain

15:21:00      #bmc   PORTE Richie
    15:22:00      #bmc   ROCHE Nicolas
    15:23:00      #quickstep   MARTIN Daniel

15:25:00      #astana   SANCHEZ Luis-Leon
    15:26:00      #cannondale   TALANSKY Andrew
    15:27:00      #astana   ARU Fabio

15:29:00      #uae   * MEINTJES Louis
    15:30:00      #sky   KWIATKOWSKI Michal
    15:31:00      #jumbo   CLEMENT Stef
    15:32:00      #orica   KEUKELEIRE Jens
    15:33:00      #cannondale   CLARKE Simon
    15:34:00      #orica   CHAVES RUBIO Johan Esteban
    15:35:00      #sunweb   * OOMEN Sam
    15:36:00      #astana   FUGLSANG Jakob
    15:37:00      #dimension   BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
    15:38:00      #lotto   * BENOOT Tiesj
    15:39:00      #sky   FROOME Christopher
    15:40:00      #cofidis   SIMON Julien
    15:41:00      #wanty   * MARTIN Guillaume
    15:42:00      #lotto   GALLOPIN Tony
    15:43:00      #movistar   VALVERDE Alejandro
    15:44:00      #uae   SWIFT Ben
    15:45:00      #bahrain   COLBRELLI Sonny
    15:46:00      #bora   * BUCHMANN Emanuel
    15:47:00      #ag2r   * LATOUR Pierre-Roger
    15:48:00      #uae   ULISSI Diego
    15:49:00      #ag2r   DOMONT Axel
    15:50:00      #lotto   DE GENDT Thomas
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3507
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    « Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 09:49 »
    Coquard is an interesting one.

He is a good sprinter - but has never won a WT race or stage.  Has ciome 2nd on the Champs Elysee twice ... and 2nd in a bunch of other stages in WT races ... but never won a thing.

and yes - apparantly unless he wins something, DE have said "no sign, no Tour"

we will see though - as he is really their best hope of anything so they may not have much choice.
  • ReplyReply

• latino

• Domestic Rider
    • Saganator
    « Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 10:43 »
    we will see though - as he is really their best hope of anything so they may not have much choice.

True, #direct has no replacement for Coquard, so he'll probably go to the TdF anyway.
    But Demare is looking so strong, I don't think Coquard has a chance to win a stage in the Dauphine.
    Tomorrow is the last chance for sprinters, we'll see how it plays.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Hall of Fame'r
    « Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 15:34 »

Little Richard and Valverde  :o lay down ITT markers for July

Chaves does not
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 15:42 »
    Maybe useful ( I guess not :D) info for Berto fans

Porte -35s (-1.5s/km)
    Tony Martin -23s (-1s/km)
    Valverde -11s (-0.5s/km)
    Contador --
    Froome +2s (+0.01s/km)

TDF ITT's
    Stage 1 (14km)
    Porte -21s
    Martin -14s
    Valverde -7s
    Contador --
    Froome +1s

Stage 20 (22.5km)
    Porte -34s
    Martin -23s
    Valverde -11s
    Contador --
    Froome +2s

FWIW I've always said a good result for Berto in flat-ish TTs is 1s/km lost to the specialists, so 23s to Martin, I can't complain. Valverde continues to annoy me with his blistering form at 37 years of age.

It's between Porte and Valverde for the overall here. Normally I'd say Froome could make up 37s in the remaining stages but not with the form he's shown.
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1748
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
    « Reply #27 on: June 07, 2017, 17:02 »
     I think optimism levels for a proper TDF GC battle could rise significantly over the course of the weekend.
     Porte looked supreme, the Dawg more chicken supreme.
     A super ride by Berto I thought, losing only 11 seconds to the "evergreen" Valverde, without, Flo tells me, really trying. :lol

• ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

latino

• Domestic Rider
    • Saganator
    « Reply #28 on: June 07, 2017, 17:46 »
    Maybe useful ( I guess not :D) info for Berto fans

Porte -35s (-1.5s/km)
    Tony Martin -23s (-1s/km)
    Valverde -11s (-0.5s/km)
    Contador --
    Froome +2s (+0.01s/km)

TDF ITT's
    Stage 1 (14km)
    Porte -21s
    Martin -14s
    Valverde -7s
    Contador --
    Froome +1s

Stage 20 (22.5km)
    Porte -34s
    Martin -23s
    Valverde -11s
    Contador --
    Froome +2s

FWIW I've always said a good result for Berto in flat-ish TTs is 1s/km lost to the specialists, so 23s to Martin, I can't complain. Valverde continues to annoy me with his blistering form at 37 years of age.

It's between Porte and Valverde for the overall here. Normally I'd say Froome could make up 37s in the remaining stages but not with the form he's shown.

Awesome preview, thank you for this :)

Still, I think Froome will do better in the TdF ITT's than he did today.
    We'll see if it's enough to beat Porte.
    And Contador didn't go full gas today, holding something back.

For the Dauphine GC I think it's between Porte, Valverde, Contador and Froome.
    Aru and Chaves are too far back already and the others are going to suffer in the mountains.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 18:16 »
    ITT result including split times:

RANK NAME INT INT -> FIN FIN
    1      #bmc PORTE Richie       14:33 (02.)      <- 13:34 (01). ->      28:07
    2      #katusha MARTIN Tony       14:31 (01.)      <- 13:48 (08). ->      28:19
    3      #movistar VALVERDE Alejandro       14:51 (05.)      <- 13:40 (02). ->      28:31
    4      #jumbo CLEMENT Stef       14:43 (04.)      <- 13:52 (09). ->      28:35
    5      #movistar SÜTTERLIN Jasha       14:53 (06.)      <- 13:46 (06). ->      28:39
    6      #sunweb HAGA Chad       14:58 (09.)      <- 13:41 (03). ->      28:39
    7      #trek CONTADOR Alberto       14:55 (08.)      <- 13:47 (07). ->      28:42
    8      #sky FROOME Christopher       14:43 (03.)      <- 14:01 (19). ->      28:44
    9      #lotto DE GENDT Thomas       14:53 (07.)      <- 13:56 (13). ->      28:49
    10      #bmc BOOKWALTER Brent       15:10 (20.)      <- 13:42 (04). ->      28:52
    11      #movistar HERRADA Jesus       15:13 (22.)      <- 13:42 (05). ->      28:55
    12      #sunweb OOMEN Sam       15:04 (10.)      <- 13:53 (10). ->      28:57
    13      #orica IMPEY Daryl       15:06 (12.)      <- 13:56 (14). ->      29:02
    14      #ag2r LATOUR Pierre-Roger       15:09 (16.)      <- 13:57 (17). ->      29:06
    15      #cannondale TALANSKY Andrew       15:10 (19.)      <- 13:57 (16). ->      29:07
    16      #katusha POLITT Nils       15:10 (18.)      <- 13:57 (15). ->      29:07
    17      #uae ULISSI Diego       15:07 (14.)      <- 14:01 (20). ->      29:08
    18      #lotto GALLOPIN Tony       15:09 (17.)      <- 14:01 (21). ->      29:10
    19      #orica YATES Adam       15:17 (28.)      <- 13:53 (11). ->      29:10
    20      #bmc ROCHE Nicolas       15:05 (11.)      <- 14:06 (23). ->      29:11
    21      #orica HOWSON Damien       15:22 (30.)      <- 13:54 (12). ->      29:16
    22      #dimension BOASSON HAGEN Edvald       15:07 (13.)      <- 14:10 (29). ->      29:17
    23      #direct SICARD Romain      15:11 (21.)      <- 14:08 (27). ->      29:19
    24      #bora BUCHMANN Emanuel       15:16 (27.)      <- 14:03 (22). ->      29:19
    25      #orica HAIG Jack       15:15 (23.)      <- 14:06 (24). ->      29:21
    26      #astana ARU Fabio       15:15 (24.)      <- 14:10 (30). ->      29:25
    27      #quickstep MARTIN Daniel       15:16 (26.)      <- 14:09 (28). ->      29:25
    28      #astana FUGLSANG Jakob       15:08 (15.)      <- 14:18 (42). ->      29:26
    29      #jumbo VERMEULEN Alexey       15:28 (38.)      <- 14:00 (18). ->      29:28
    30      #astana LUTSENKO Alexey       15:16 (25.)      <- 14:14 (35). ->      29:30
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: Tour de France 2018 General News by hiero
    [November 19, 2017, 20:56]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by search
    [November 19, 2017, 18:19]

Re: Race news 2018 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:35]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:21]

Re: Team Sponsorship 17/18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 18:12]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Leadbelly
    [November 17, 2017, 05:25]

Recent Topics

topic Tour de France 2018 General News
    [Road Races]
    hiero
    November 19, 2017, 20:56