collapse

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 5008
  • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Connect the Dots - Transfer Predictions 2017/18
« on: June 05, 2017, 11:55 »
The 'Transfers and Rumors' thread very much is full of news from other sources. This is a more speculative version of the same thread, asking "who should go where?"

...or as I said in the thread last year, "predict the transfer before the rumour".

Speaking of last year, we managed to improve our success rate slightly (probably still less than 5%) with correct predictions for 4-6 riders (it's the lower number if we don't count Goss and Morton).
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Touze ---------> #wanty

One of a few youngsters with the French CT teams that have been getting some promising results, so ripe for a move up. I reckon he could join former team mates Martin and Doubey at Wanty. Good calendar and no big names that require excessive dom duties. I think going there is a good option for development (but probably not financially!).
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1301
    I think I will try this one. International team with prominent german leadership not overwehlmingly enthousiastic about their Norwegian sprinter. Main sponsor sells shampoo. German sprinter available after this season always taking care of his appearance and notably good looking hair!

Marcel Kittel --> #katusha
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10801
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    Ok

Birdsong   #astana ---- #bmc

wants be a GT leader and BMC need another after the TJVG experiment failed again, BMC tend to buy odd riders for huge money, but have a great Devo program

I recon Porte will be given everything he wants to stay and Birdsong comes in
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    Ok

wants be a GT leader and BMC need another after the TJVG experiment failed again, BMC tend to buy odd riders for huge money, but have a great Devo program

I recon Porte will be given everything he wants to stay and Birdsong comes in

...but you just know that TJ will be given one more[1] chance. :P
     1. For the umpteenth time
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10801
    • Awards: Best Avatar of 2016Reigning Spring Classics Prediction ChampJSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    ...but you just know that TJ will be given one more[1] chance. :P
     1. For the umpteenth time

of course  :D
  • ReplyReply

• Not My Circus

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1379
    • Something about Danish cycling I love
    Ok

Has some legs. They know each other, rode together at Saxo, and BMC will match that AST pay packet. BUT Oh dear Lord I hope not  :barf

FWIW I think he'll leave the turquoise team this time. He's been his classy professional best in his interviews - but yeah, not a happy bunny
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3480
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    I guess the big question for me is ... is Quickstep really folding?  or will they find a new sponsor

if they do fold, there will be a lot of classics guys on the move
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    and if they are - after the giro I will say Jungels ->  #sunweb
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    If this happens....

Marcel Kittel --> #katusha

....then why not this.

Coquard --------> #quickstep ?

I don't think I've seen Quick-Step has a potential destination mentioned, but since Lefevre loves winning he's bound to be in the market for a sprinter or two if Kittel leaves.

The problem is that he wouldn't in all likelihood get to ride MSR or the Tour, but on the other hand he would get much better help (as long as Sabatini wasn't involved) in lots of other races. Much better help than he gets at Direct Energie or would probably get at another team where he would get to lead at MSR and the Tour. Decision time for Bryan.

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20170713_02970580

Sky with some Belgian guys in mind for the Spring Classics. Theuns is heading to Sunweb, so to me that just leaves...

Lampaert ---------> #sky

..... or could it be the dream team of Stijn and Jelle? ;)
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1301
      Wild speculation from my side:
      • There has been a bottle of champagne for some secret but good news at the aquablue offices.
      • Dan Martin can't win with the GC support that quickstep has to offer.
      • Larry Warbasse, Stefan Denifl, possibly a resurgent Nordhaug and the gigantic windshadow of Connor Dunne on the flats ?
    • + it's an irish team, right?

:D

Don't ruin this with facts  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• AG

• Monument Winner
    well - Quickstep are continuing, but Lefevre has apparantly promised Kittel 100% support for hte Tour next year if he re-signs .... so Dan Martin definitely still out in the cold.

you never know  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5910
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Lefevre has apparantly promised Kittel 100% support for the Tour next year if he re-signs
    But can Lefevere's offer match a lifetime supply of shampoo? :P
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    Gerrans

I know we bash him a bit and say he's ready for the glue factory, but he could be a decent signing for a lower WT team (DD?). Just get him in form for the TDU and you could have some easy WT points, which could be handy come the end of 2018.

Gerrans ----------> #didata ?
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    Here's an obvious one. ;)

Kump --------> #adria

Two years away from Adria Mobil is about all he can take and UAE don't need nine sprinters.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • There has been a bottle of champagne for some secret but good news at the aquablue offices.

Did we ever find out what it was about? I presume it was the Dunbar signing
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    This is not so much dot connecting but wild guesses, but who do you think Axeon will reload with this year?

They're potentially losing Powless (to Cannondale) and Lawless (to ???). The definite exits are Logan Owen (too old), Narvaez (to Quickstep) and Dunbar (to AquaBlue). There's no news about Costa making a return, so we may as well discount him.

If they go PCT then they may even expand the squad size even more.

So how about some of the BMC devo crew? Hirschi and Scotson.

Hecht from Aevolo is one the few new US names that has grabbed my attention this year.

Stannard as a final guess?
  • ReplyReply

•