collapse

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 6696
  • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014

BOTD: Jan Bakelants (AG2R-La Mondiale), Mickaël Delage (FDJ), Edvald Boasson Hagen (Dimension Data), Philippe Gilbert (Quick-Step Floors), Thomas De Gendt (Lotto-Soudal), Thomas Voeckler (Direct Energie), Dylan Van Baarle (Cannondale-Drapac) and Pierre-Luc Périchon (Fortuneo-Oscaro).

Delage and TDG had disappeared when the replay I was watching started. De Gendt's legs are obviously not quite there yet.

Matthews won the intermediate sprint from the peloton. No Sagan = a big chance for someone to win the green jersey in Paris, but Demare has a nice cushion already.

I haven't seen any times for the climb in comparison to previous years, but to me it didn't look as quick as 2012. GC contenders certainly weren't being spat out within the first 500m of the climb.

Aru very strong, but next time will he be allowed that sort of leeway? Of the rest, when push came to shove only three could follow Froome - Martin, Porte and Bardet. They started fannying around which allowed the others to come back to them, but on the final section those four pulled away again. Draw what you will from that.
  • ReplyReply

•