collapse

M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1416
  • The user formerly known as hiero
. . .
Aru very strong, but next time will he be allowed that sort of leeway? Of the rest, when push came to shove only three could follow Froome - Martin, Porte and Bardet. They started fannying around which allowed the others to come back to them, but on the final section those four pulled away again. Draw what you will from that.
Hmmmm - Aru being "allowed"? Looked to me like he ambushed the lot of them. Porte/Froome/Martin looked pretty equal - and none of them had the legs to follow. Nor did Fuglsang. Well, I'm glad Fuglsang got his win and the palmares - and the "co-leader" title, but it looks to me like Aru has just taken the 'leader' merit badge.

After stages 8 and 9, we will know a lot more about how things are shaping up. For now, BMC didn't get mugged as badly as I thought they would - working on the front all day. Sky doms fell off pretty quickly once they took the reins.

Quintana and Contador, "poof!" and they are gone, I'm thinking. Oh, yeah, we could see a challenge, but it will take a stage like stage 15 at the Vuelta last year, or like the final day of the 2014 Dauphine, when Talansky took the overall with a legendary break powered by Hesjedal.

Geraint has had  #yellow for a few days, but his time near the top of the leaderboard is now measured. It was obvious today that he won't have the climbing legs to follow what remains of the GC leaders (Froome, Porte, Martin, Aru) when we hit the slopes again.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .