collapse

hiero

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 736
The question today will be whether our TT champ from yesterday will keep the yellow jersey, and all my bets will be on "Yes."  Towards the end of the day, there are two lumps and a brief Cat 4 climb. Which are entirely unlikely to make a selection - they appear to be on good, wide roads, with no tweaks to present any particular difficulty. The day should be very fast, and it will come down to the sprint trains. The finish is a nice long straight run-in, with one less than radical right-hander at 3k out. Look for a traditional bunch sprint.

IF, however, the strong men of the classics can make a selection on those lumps, it could be a day for them. If this happens, I would tip my hat to Sagan for the stage. But I don't expect that.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 16:15 by hiero »
    Ubi est ignis

latino

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 91
    • Saganator
    Nice preview :)

IF, however, the strong men of the classics can make a selection on those lumps, it could be a day for them. If this happens, I would tip my hat to Sagan for the stage. But I don't expect that.

I don't expect that either, I foresee a bunch sprint with the usual suspects making a run for the finish line.
    A very straight and flat finish is perfect for the sprint trains.
    I believe Kittel will take it, followed by Cavendish, Sagan, Demare and Groenewegen.

This will also be the first time we're going to see the new 3 second rule.
    Let's see how this affects the favorites, if they're going to hang back or get into the mix.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3837
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    A GC contender will crash today.
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith

t-72

• National Champion
    • Liked: 1240
    Seitenwind?   :angel
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1614
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game

A fair bet, I'd say.

• ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

LukasCPH

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 5856
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Seitenwind?   :angel
    They're hundreds of kilometres inland.
    What they call "wind" in NRW counts as "hardly noticeable" on the coast. :P

The forecast says 2-3 beaufort in Aachen, from shifting directions. That's basically a calm.
  • ReplyReply
  • 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own.
    RIP Keith

Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1614
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game

Joelsim

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1274
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    My sense is Kittel, Demare, Sagan for the podium.

Can't see Cav doing much in this Tour.
  • ReplyReply

• hiero

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 736

Ow! Knock on wood! Are you getting out your voodoo dolls?   :lol

A fair bet, I'd say.

What? What? I literally explored this route with Google's satellite view. This is so wide open, what's gonna cause a crash!?  Oh, oh, wait a sec . . . are you thinking because it's gonna be fast as hell out there today? Hmmm. Maybe, then. Something relatively stupid happening in the peloton - as does happen.

Crossing my fingers that you guys aren't jinxing things.

I'll tell ya what, also, I'm going to see what the value of checking the roads and route from satellite view is worth.

[Edit] Ah, nvm, stupid me . . . I had not tuned in to live feed yet, and did not realize the weather today is just as bad as yesterday. Oy, we'll be lucky if ppl DON'T go down.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 15:41 by hiero »

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 3837
    • Awards: KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    Wet slippery roads, nervous peloton, big crash and Berto isn't involved? :S well, I'm not complaining :shh
  • ReplyReply

• latino

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 91
    • Saganator

OMG, please tell me the lotto numbers :P

Jokes aside, nervous peloton and bad weather are always a bad combination.
    At least one favorite falls in the first week of the Tour.
    It's starting to become a tradition.
  • ReplyReply

•