collapse

M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1630
  • The user formerly known as hiero
Re: Stage: 1 - 1 July : Düsseldorf ITT, 14.00 km
« on: July 01, 2017, 19:24 »
Well, there we go. Done and dusted. Weather awful or awfuller. Too many chutes. Quintana is going to miss Valverde - he has done a lot more good for Nairo in GTs than most ppl credit him.

For Sky, I don't think there could be a better result. Sky doesn't have to work to protect yellow until stage 5, and they can choose NOT to defend then. GT will most likely remain in yellow until then, although there is a minor chance he will lose it at Longwy (stage 3). And Sky won't care then, either. So Froome and Sky mates are well placed, and ALL the challengers are on the back foot on day 1. Not a good start for those who want to beat Froome. Sagan has a better start for yellow than all the GC challengers chasing Froome. I won't be surprised if Sagan takes Longwy, and gets yellow for a couple of days.

If anybody had taken me up on the icon bet, I would be switching to Donald sniffing glue. But, nobody took it up! I think I'll see if I can get a better photo of one of my regular beasts to use anyway.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

Recent Posts