collapse

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
  • Road Captain
  • Liked: 904
I am planing to buy new MTB and have been reading about 29er vs 26er. I have been riding for short, Specialized Stumpjumper 29er and Ghost 29 er, those are really big tyres and strange feeling. I need it for winter training and some races nothing very technical or extreme.
What I am trying to say, strange feeling on 29 and lot of folks here told me that I am too small for 29er, I am 178cm. ::)
Next issue I have is frame size, is 29er need smaller frame size coz I rode 18inch Blast?
What are your opinions, coz here there is still 26er domination, but as I heard from LBS 29er are coming, and people are buying it coz need to be faster ;D
I am looking this 29er http://keindl-sport.hr/product.php?id_product=604, for 1400e.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:13 by L'arriviste, Reason: clarification in thread title to increase viewings »
    Reverend Fred Saves!!

mew

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 700
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    From our local b.s....I know the owner if you have any questions fire away at them via email  8) :D

http://bouldercyclesport.com/about/29ers-truth-or-false-pg657.htm
  • ReplyReply

• krabkakes

• Artes, Scientia, Veritas.
    • Multiple World Champion
    • Liked: 2626
    • Donald J Krabkakes
    • Awards: Dish of the Year 2017KeithJamesMC Memorial award for Extremely Outstanding ContentBest member of staff in live broadcast 2012Best Youtube clip 2012
    Seems a little high price that's $1700usd for alu rigid with ok components.
  • ReplyReply
  • I wish I was in Tijuana
    eating barbequed iguana

Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    @mew, thanks a lot
    @krebs, yes it is, but I have 30% club discount for cash (which I have not at the moment) ;D, but again yes.
    @Kiwi, thanks mate, reason why I sold my MTB was crashes and lot of mud all the time and I could not stand it ;D, last crash I had was spectacular (foot stuck in front wheel spokes ;D)
    Yes it is true, our national champ is riding 26er and he is faster and faster every year, so 29er I think is just bike as 26er.
    I don t know about Cube 29er experience but will search, reason I choose this is purely price, Cannondale  here are at least 20% expensive than Cubes.
    http://keindl-sport.hr/product.php?id_product=730 here is Flash alloy for 1600e with worse components than Cube.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Then in that case can I suggest that you go for something with 20" wheels - less distance to fly/fall!!!!  ;) ;D
    Lol, and training wheels for sure.
    Hey Kiwi, Rocky Mountain rocks for sure? Are they nice?
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    I've ridden different Rocky Mountain bikes a few times - mainly their Element, but also the hardtails. They're definitely a nicely designed bike and well put together. The spec on some of their current stuff is pretty amazing for the price! I love the fact that they give you DT Swiss wheels - but built around standard DT hubs and DT Competition spokes (ie., easily and cheaply replaceable - and easily upgradeable to DT Revolution if you want to lighten up the wheels at any stage).

I rode the Vertex 29er for a bit on Sunday (not a long ride - my better half had been testing an Element 29er and managed to throw herself at the dirt, so we had to take her to get some stitches ...). It was a nice bike. Felt nimble and turned well on a series of really neat S-bends ("L'École" section of the World Cup course) and climbed through the rocks well. It did still feel a bit big compared to my 26 Scalpel - but definitely nicer than the other 29ers I've ridden. One thing for me would be to narrow up the bars - they come standard with massively wide 685mm bars, which felt wider than what I used to have on my motorbikes ...

If they're in your budget, I'd definitely say that a Rocky is worth a look ...  :tu
    ;D ;D ;D, mate I was thinking about real Rocky Mountains ::), you know National Park :fp
    Never mind, thanks  a lot, will try to find "Rocky MTB" here, I am not sure about them, Santa Cruz, Marin, Norco yes, but Rocky...
    Of course here Kona is absolute dominating MTB, I think.
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    last crash I had was spectacular (foot stuck in front wheel spokes ;D)

;D ;D

sounds like a Tony crash  :fp :D
  • ReplyReply

• mew

• Road Captain
    • 💜craig walsh💜;💜Krebby💜
    ;D ;D ;D, mate I was thinking about real Rocky Mountains ::), you know National Park :fp
    Never mind, thanks  a lot, will try to find "Rocky MTB" here, I am not sure about them, Santa Cruz, Marin, Norco yes, but Rocky...
    Of course here Kona is absolute dominating MTB, I think.

I still have an old Kona Race LIght...fun bike  :D
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    I still have an old Kona Race LIght...fun bike  :D
    They are way too much expensive here.
  • ReplyReply

• Anthony Moan

• Ahab the Arab
    • Road Captain
    Today I was in Aladin cave (LBS ware house :-*), so I am asking guy who I know about 29er which I was looking for, guys that was hilarious. ;D He literally was trying to convince for buying 26 er instead. It is so obvious that people went crazy for 29er, while 26er collecting some dust in shop, ok not so drastic, but people are buying them like kebaps ;D
    Screw 26er or 29er, Tony is going for 69er ;D
  • ReplyReply

•