collapse

t-72

• National Champion
  • Liked: 1538
Re: Stage 18: Suances --> Santo Toribio de Liébana
« on: September 07, 2017, 21:17 »
I finally finished the last 60 km of the stage (I watch recordings at night due to work),,,

For a while it looked like it was going to be crazy, but then it became apparent that #sky was stronger than all the other squads and Froome couldn't be isolated. #bahrain appeared to have the kind of day when they decided not to try anything and at the end it was revaled that Nibali was using the same legs as Froome was using yesterday: those that are tired from trying very hard the day before. #astana Lopez was struggling too, while #champit Aru was having more fun on his own, without shaking up the top  GC like it was Fuente De all over again.

My moment today: I don't have a clue what my local hero #fdj Odd Christian Eiking is doing in this race, he has been nowhere to be seen except at the back of the peloton early in the stage but finally! Sneaking in right behind #astana Lopez and ahead of a few other GC guys. He started the last climb at the back of the peloton and was seen in one of the early groups that got dropped, so the last km must have been one of the faster ones today. It still looks more like training than it looks like racing to me.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:46 by LukasCPH »