collapse

riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
  • Liked: 187
Peter Janssen - Dutch doping facilitator
« on: September 09, 2017, 10:39 »
Van Moorsel is busted for EPO.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/4515790
Peter Janssen the medic with Peter Post's Panasonic team states that in prep for the 2000 Sydney Olympics where Van Moorsel won three golds - RR, TT & IP he gave her three courses of 6 injections and monitored her haematocrit so she would know the whereabouts relating to the 47% limit.

Whilst to the many (few) who read here she may be not a name they are familiar with busting Van Moorsel is like busting Hoy or Wiggo in the UK. With 4 gold medals she is up there with de Bruin as having won the most gold medals for a Dutch person and was made the equivalent of a knight in the Dutch honours system.  There is even a statue of her somewhere. 

Like all the greedy, stealing, b'stards on the juice, what they have stolen is never enough, she couldn't stop after Sydney.  She retired but then made a comeback for 2004 and having done virtually nothing of any note in the last 18 months she suddenly became the only person who could beat Dede Barry (Micheal hon - the epo is in the fridge, just by the yoghurt oh and tell Lance we will be at his party around 7pm tonight)) and won the TT to make it 4.  It might have been 5 but she wasn't looking where she was going and hit the wheel in front and crashed out of the RR.

The motors revelations in the recent Stade 2 documentary are serious.  Anyone thinking they have not found their way into the women's peloton is deluded.

(A statue ffs !  Well I suppose some idiots still think having the Linford Christie athletics stadium is a good idea.  No wonder people like Cookson thrive.)
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:36 by riding too slowly »

Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1258
    Re: Peter Janssen - Dutch doping facilitator
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 15:38 »
    I think the topic should be discussed in a specific thread because it does not just regards Leontien Van Moorsel. Lars Ytting Bak, Ruben Plaza have also been accused by Dr Janssen. Of course Leontien was the main focus of attention though. I never was in doubt that she doped. Didn't she have recreational drug problem before her first retirement or am I mistaken with somebody else? Her comeback was quite weird though. However interesting that Janssen is not referring to the first part of her career. Was she clean? Did she transfuse or use other dope than EPO?

In my opinion, the most interesting accusations are against Eddy Bouwmans and speed skating coach Ab Krook who seemed to have consulted him together around 1993 for blood transfusion. Bouwmans had already admitted to trying to use EPO in 1994 but that it did not help him. What really strikes me actually is Janssen's activity for Panasonic between 1990 & 1992. He actually followed Gert-Jan Theunisse and Steven Rooks from PDM. So probably Panasonic had kept on transfusing with Janssen while other teams had already switched to EPO. It's ironic because I'm pretty sure that PDM discovered EPO by 1990 and so Rooks & Janssen missed the bandwagon. Rooks claimed to have discovered EPO prior to the Worlds in 1991, if I'm not mistaken.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

Havik

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 52
    « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 16:27 »
    The whole article can be read here btw (in dutch).
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 18:26 »
    This is a very informative post on redit  (I picked it up over at the clinic) and I suggest it is worth the time to read it in full there but it comes straight back to the fist post on this thread - why are women's sports given a free pass ?  Why do some people (male) look at Marianne Vos like some sort of Florence Nightingale figure ?

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2190958#p2190958

The relevant section is this.  The guy obviously has worked out many years ago that one hell of a lot of sports stars dope - because he is living down the street from the doping doctor and sees them visit !  But despite that, he suspends what he places agains the men to give the women a free pass.  Only when the doctor he lived down the street from tells him what van Moorsel was doing on the street that day does he accept what he accepted long ago for his male "heroes".   

The psychology is fascinating.   

"......What I didn't put together before (or didn't want to put together), is that I saw Leontien van Moorsel visit his surgery as well. She was my absolute hero at the time. I'd seen her win the world TT title in 1998 in Valkenburg and 4 Olympic medals in Sydney in 2000. So when I was out with my dad walking our dog in early 2001 (on a non-doping evening, so I didn't link her to Dr Janssen) and saw Leontien just walking down the street, I was very excited. I got to meet her very briefly and awkwardly before she and her husband got back into the car and drove off. I can remember the meeting very well as I thought it was awesome, and because my dad, who's a cycling fan as well, seemed weirdly cold to Leontien. I now get he was just a lot smarter than me.
    She's had doping accusations hurled at her before, but I didn't want to believe she would dope ("it's different in women's cycling", "they don't even earn enough to afford to dope" etc). Unfortunately, I recognise way too many details in this article to doubt the man. So I'm starting this weekend with another fallen hero :(.    ..........."

https://www.reddit.com/r/peloton/comments/6z11d9/confessions_of_a_doping_doctor_peter_janssen/
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 18:30 »
    I think the topic should be discussed in a specific thread because it does not just regards Leontien Van Moorsel. Lars Ytting Bak, Ruben Plaza have also been accused by Dr Janssen.   ...............

In my opinion, the most interesting accusations are against Eddy Bouwmans and speed skating coach Ab Krook who seemed to have consulted him together around 1993 for blood transfusion............
    Agreed - new thread with Haviks link
  • ReplyReply

• riding too slowly

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 18:33 »
    https://www.topics.nl/controles-verboden-middelen-en-een-falend-systeem-bekentenissen-van-een-dopingdokter/

Van Moorsel, Lars Bak Rooks Theunise Ricco and lots of others including a call to Zorzoli at the UCI with a tip off tht the UCI ignored.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:29 by LukasCPH »

Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1258
    « Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 21:13 »
    My post from the Women Doping thread:

I never was in doubt that Leontien Van Moorsel doped. Didn't she have recreational drug problem before her first retirement or am I mistaken with somebody else? Her comeback was quite weird though. However interesting that Janssen is not referring to the first part of her career. Was she clean? Did she transfuse or use other dope than EPO?

In my opinion, the most interesting accusations are against Eddy Bouwmans and speed skating coach Ab Krook who seemed to have consulted him together around 1993 for blood transfusion. Bouwmans had already admitted to trying to use EPO in 1994 but that it did not help him. What really strikes me actually is Janssen's activity for Panasonic between 1990 & 1992. He actually followed Gert-Jan Theunisse and Steven Rooks from PDM. So probably Panasonic had kept on transfusing with Janssen while other teams had already switched to EPO. It's ironic because I'm pretty sure that PDM discovered EPO by 1990 and so Rooks & Janssen missed the bandwagon. Rooks claimed to have discovered EPO prior to the Worlds in 1991, if I'm not mistaken.
  • ReplyReply

•  

* Dark Side Chatbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.