• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1424
  • Something about Danish cycling I love
Re: Postnord Danemark Rundt
« on: September 13, 2017, 11:42 »
Stage 1

https://twitter.com/PostNordDKRundt/status/907665893110542337

Well THAT turned out to be as crazy as remember this race  :cool

First we had the whole circus of the break being led the wrong way and the race neutralised while they sorted it out. Mistakes of course happen, but ones like this really, really shouldn't, especially when one is gunning for a TDF start. Hopefully lessons are learned.

The 6 man break consisted of 5 Danes and 1 lone #direct Frenchman.  With the break picked up at 40km, the final 30km or so were highly entertaining. Riders attacking off the front like firecrackers on Chinese New Year.  #trek strung them out in the crosswinds at 26km to go with Mads Pedersen and Jasper Stuyven joined by  #sunweb Ramon Sinkeldam and #direct Fabian Grellier (Direct Energy) off the front. Grellier was still there with #wanty Kevin Van Melsen and  #roskilde Giant-Castelli's Casper Pedersen as they hit the local laps (3 x 5km). More attacks happened until finally again and after several attacks again, the team was in the field, but Casper Pedersen  attacked again and this time got a gap. With 5km to go he held 9secs, he was still there with 3km to go and the rampaging sprint teams were panicking but not denting his lead. Just as he did at the Euro's to win his U23 title, he drove hard, held his advantage and brought home stage victory and the race lead. It was some effort and his beam on the podium was joy to see.  #cofidis Nacer Bouhani won the sprint for second, with #sunweb Bauhaus in third. and #specialbreschel made 6th #thankgoodness.

The look on Bouhanni's face was priceless...welcome to Denmark BouBou :cool

This morning rumours abound that Casper Pedersen  already signed for  #aquablue Aqua Blue. I like this.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks