collapse

search

• Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 9421
  • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
Famenne Ardenne Classic
« on: October 10, 2017, 08:46 »
Famenne Ardenne Classic

We all love those little midweek races I think, so let's welcome a new one tomorrow, the Famenne Ardenne Classic, entirely taking place in Luxembourg.

The startlist doesn't look too great, but for the 1st edition it's alright I guess
  • #lotto Lotto-Soudal (BEL)
  • #wanty Wanty-Groupe Gobert (BEL)
  • #topsport Topsport-Vlaanderen (BEL)
  • #verandas Verandas Willems-Crelan (BEL)
  • #wallonie WB-Veranclassic-Aqua Protect (BEL)
  • #roompot Roompot-Nederlandse Loterij (NED)
  • #agoaqua AGO-Aqua Service (BEL)
  • #cibel Cibel-Cebon (BEL)
  • #pauwels Pauwels Sauzen – Vastgoedservice (BEL)
  • #pcw T-Palm – PCW (BEL)
  • #roubaix Roubaix-Lille Metropole (FRA)
  • #armee Armée de Terre (FRA)
  • #roth Roth-Akros (SUI)
  • #seg SEG Racing Academy (NED)
  • #delta Delta Cycling Rotterdam (NED)
  • #differdange Team Differdange (LUX)
  • #massi Massi-Kuwait Cycling Project (KOW)
  • #sauerland Team Sauerland (ALL)
some of the "bigger" names are #lotto Vanendert, van der Sande & de Bie, #roompot Weening & Ligthart, #wanty Guillaume Martin, #roubaix Antomarchi, #differdange Raileanu, #roth Stüssi, #verandas Devolder, #pauwels Boucher and #wallonie Kirsch, Naesen & Vantomme.

The race is live on TV Lux and there should be a stream available in the afternoon  :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Reigning Worlds Prediction ChampMember of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Re: Famenne Ardenne Classic
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 18:26 »
    I had some problem with the stream and missed parts of it unfortunately, but this seems to have been a decent first edition of the race with plenty of attacks during the final lap(s)

First win for Hofland in over two years
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 5254
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 19:15 »
    Wanty as a group looked very strong. On the penultimate time up the climb that they had 6-7 guys on the front really stringing it out and it must have been just after that that Martin and Meurisse got away with Budding. For all that strength though they lacked someone with a kick to really contest the finale (Meurisse might have fared a little better without that earlier escape bid).
  • ReplyReply

• Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1298
    « Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 19:34 »
    I'm afraid I have to make a correction, Search.  :angel

It's a Belgian race.  ;) The confusion comes from the fact that it's held in the province that is also called Luxembourg bordering the eponymous country and with Arlon as capital city and that fact probably was highlighted because it must be the only race entirely held on that province's soil at the moment, and for a long while has been so. Few riders come from that province, too (Maxime Monfort, Rémy Mertz).

Marche-en-Famenne (start & finish) is close to Namur, though. In a rather rural area, the Famenne. But they are making a big loop towards the Ardennes, which of course hillier and also woodier.  ;) Hence the name.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

search

• Grand Tour Winner
    « Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 19:40 »
    yeah, thanks, someone pointed it out on Twitter already earlier on but I forgot to add that correction here in the thread
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: Roadbooks by search
    [Today at 12:06]

Re: Cannondale news by Not My Circus
    [Today at 10:00]

Re: Mens transfers and Rumors 2017-18 by Not My Circus
    [Today at 09:50]