collapse

Trudgin

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 758
  • Contador, Sagan, Purito, Paolini et all
  • Awards: 3rd place after Tour Down Under in Official Prediction Game ;PVelogames Giro Winner 2015
Re: 2018 CQ Game Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2018, 17:14 »
im 2 down before we kick a ball
  • ReplyReply
  • I love Italian cycling, well cyclists & the odd Spaniard, oh & that 1 particular Slovakian  then there are those with names  that are great fun - zzzdnek steeeebar & Tieeeeeeeesj Benoooot

Trudgin

• Road Captain
    • Awards: 3rd place after Tour Down Under in Official Prediction Game ;PVelogames Giro Winner 2015
    « Reply #91 on: January 16, 2018, 18:31 »

TDU

IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Ion
    MAS NICOLAU Enric
    SENECHAL Florian

• ReplyReply

• DJW

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 867
    • Awards: Rio Olympics Prediction Champ
    « Reply #92 on: January 16, 2018, 19:46 »
    5 points from Vuelta al Tachira  :win:
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 542
    « Reply #93 on: January 16, 2018, 22:27 »
    Haddi crash? Waaaa
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 6517
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #94 on: January 21, 2018, 20:22 »
    A decent haul from Porte this week, but it was Kipkemboi who held my attention in Amissa Bongo. Into profit after one race!

Sosa 1 Rivera 0

...... and that's how it finished. Will be fun to watch the "battle" between them this year.
  • ReplyReply

• Arb

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 542
    « Reply #95 on: January 22, 2018, 10:57 »
    Think there's a case for calling that a nil all draw.

In Gabon I needed more from Petit but then again I'm not really expecting anything other than 100% +/-20%
  • ReplyReply

• jon ezeitza

• Sunday Rider
    • Liked: 24
    « Reply #96 on: January 22, 2018, 21:15 »
    In the Tour Down Under I got many points. My cyclists have been very good:
    Guerreiro 80 points
    Bauhaus 51
    Dlamini 50
    Mccarthy 49
    More 30
    Edmonson 7
    Arndt 5
    Minali 5
    Restrepo 5
    Scotson 5
    Sütterlin 5
    In total, I now have 475 points, so I hope to continue very high in the classification CQ RANKING MANAGER 2018.
  • ReplyReply

• jon ezeitza

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #97 on: January 22, 2018, 21:16 »
    In the Vuelta a San Juan we have started with many illusions, although with few points. I have a good team, so I hope to accumulate many points. Hope that nobody will take it from us! These are my workers:
    CAVAGNA
    GARCÍA CORTINA
    MULLEN
    NIZZOLO
    SBARAGLI
    VAN DER SANDE
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 744
    • Awards: 2015 Youth CQ Ranking Game Champion2012 CQ Ranking Game Champion
    « Reply #98 on: January 24, 2018, 00:48 »
    Hey, for some reason when I try to post my update I'm getting kicked out of this thread without it posting - is it possible that there's a glitch in the forum that it doesn't take posts over a couple of paragraphs or something? This happened with my initial post in the thread too.

Regardless, the update is up, and I could post it at CN, so here is the link for that if you want to read it in the meantime while hopefully this glitch doesn't continue here: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2219828#p2219828
  • ReplyReply

• jon ezeitza

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #99 on: January 24, 2018, 11:55 »
    Bravo, Mullen! Great victory has been achieved in San Juan and that gives us 20 beautiful points to which we have in the team. Now, to wait for Nizzolo to win a sprint. Ja, ja.
  • ReplyReply

• jon ezeitza

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #100 on: January 28, 2018, 09:25 »
    New victory for my boys. On this occasion, of Mccarthy in the Cadel Evans. For what I hope to continue in the first places of the classification. We are making a good start to the season
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #101 on: January 30, 2018, 06:33 »
    Update #3: Lots of Turmoil but a Repeat Winner Distances the Field

Wowee, it really feels like the season is getting started, hey? Races in Australia, races in Argentina, races in Indonesia, Dubai, getting started on European soil in Mallorca and in Marseille... remember before the CQ game when it was kinda nothing until Het Volk? Neither do I.

A busy week, with the potential for a lot of riders riding on various continents, perhaps unsurprisingly saw some big shakeups in the overall. But the week itself (and indeed, the overall) belonged to a name we've already seen in this game this year.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank   Team   Points this week
    1   Jon_Ezeitza   483
    2   Valv.Piti   434
    3   Giallo   421
    4   18-Valve. (pithy)   389
    5   PeterB   379

Well, if I'm starting the summary with 'unique pick Jay McCarthy' on the week that rider has won the biggest points of the week, you're probably doing pretty well. But newcomer Jon Ezeitza kills it for the second time in three weeks! This team - have you seen this team? Its highest-price rider is 395 point Jack Haig. It has 4 riders picked by over 50 teams, and is 124th out of 129 on the popularity chart. That is a great recipe to win some weeks, at the very least! Loving it. So yeah, other than McCarthy, there are 62 points from unique pick Nikias Arndt, 80 points from rare pick (3 teams) Gregor Muhlberger, 48 points from rare pick Odd Christian Eiking (8 teams) and a handful from other sources (including 30 from Nizzolo, who somehow made his way onto this unconventional squad). Second place goes to Valv.Piti, who picks up 76 points from their team's namesake, 121 from rare (5 teams) Javi Moreno, 91 from the relatively rare (16 teams) Filippo Ganna, and the requisite Coquard/Nizzolo points. Third place Giallo has the Valv/Moreno combo, as well as some decent points from Moscon and Enger. Just also want to note that two teams with names referencing Alejandro Valverde got in the top 5 because of him this week... that may be a recurring theme this year.

This Week's High Movers

Rank   Team   Up/down
    1   18-Valve. (pithy)   (+67)
    2   PeterB   (+60)
    3   Geraint Too Fast   (+59)
    3   Hugo Koblet   (+59)
    5   fauniera   (+56)

Speaking of that other Valv-referencing team... man do I love the early season. Look at those numbers! 67 spots! There were a few teams that got less than 67 points this week! Anyway, 18-Valve.(pithy) - which, sidenote, is not exactly the most pithy name - takes the top spot, another beneficiary of the Valv/Moreno train (huh, that's 3 out of the 5 Moreno teams that also have Valverde, interesting). PeterB hops a respectable 60 spots with Moreno and no Valverde, just the more common Coquard/Brambilla/Nizzolo/Enger bunch. CQ Game mainstays Geraint Too Fast and Hugo Koblet tie for third with a 'that is more than okay' 59-spot leap. In case you were wondering, GTF is the 5th and final owner of Moreno - a good week for those folks all around.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank   Team   Total
    1   Jon_Ezeitza   90
    2   ChrisDK   46
    3   Poles & Co.   42
    4   Nathanptz   36
    5   Valv.Piti   35
    5   l'velo   35

Well yeah, if you win two out of three weeks, it's gonna be you. The rest of the top 5 remains the same, except Valv.Piti jumps into a tie for 5th with the 2nd place weekly points.

Top 10 Overall

Rank   Up/down   Team   Points
    1   (+4)   Jon_Ezeitza   958
    2   (-1)   Poles & Co.   730
    3   (+7)   Sneekes   727
    4   (-)   bminchow   725
    5   (+2)   sodak_za   722
    6   (-3)   Nathanptz   708
    7   (+1)   Salvarani   670
    8   (+29)   Giallo   649
    9   (+13)   search   632
    10   (+7)   postmanhat   624

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the team that is dominating every other aspect of this game is also dominating the overall. Jon Ezeitza has a 228 point lead with fewer than 1000 points total, which is pretty impressive percentage-wise. Sure, soon enough the Cavendishes and Coquards and Chaves' and Lopezes (wait, how would you pluralize those last two? I'm confused, that doesn't look right) of the world are gonna start scoring, and this team's time will be up. But it is a beautiful thing right now.

Last week's leader Poles & Co drops but holds a respectable second, while Sneekes captures third (fourth place bminchow is the only team in the entire 129 team field to hold position this week). Despite the jumping around, the top 7 teams were all in the top 10 last week - Giallo, search and postmanhat move in, while repre, ChrisDK, and kiszol fall out.

Next week - Valencia, Etoile de Besseges, Herald Sun Tour - oh my! Let's two-point-one it up!

Spreadsheet at dropbox
  • ReplyReply

• jon ezeitza

• Sunday Rider
    « Reply #102 on: January 30, 2018, 11:18 »
    Very happy with the success of the team, a team without figures but with very hardworking people. Of the 33 cyclists in Team 17, they have already scored points. I expected fruit in the medium to long term, but there has been luck and we are leaders. For next week I have these:

Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana (31-4)
    PLAZA Rubén
    KUDUS Merhawi

Etoile de Bessèges (31-4)
    MANZIN Lorrenzo

Herald Sun Tour (31-4)
    EDMONDSON Alexander
    GUERREIRO Ruben

I have a lot of confidence in Guerreiro -for the moment he has given 91 points- and Kudus, from whom I hope that this year he will make an important leap forward in his progression.
  • ReplyReply

• Trudgin

• Road Captain
    « Reply #103 on: January 31, 2018, 17:49 »
    ok here goes - I will get bored soon:

Besseges

Combo of wee boys, big boys and emerging.

Big Boys

GOUGEARD Alexis
    TURGIS Jimmy
    CALMEJANE Lilian
    OFFREDO Yoann

Wee Boys

BARTHE Cyril
    MADOUAS Valentin
    IDJOUADIENE Pierre

Pupa

BOUDAT Thomas
    DE GENDT Aimé
    ALBANESE Vincenzo   
    BENITO DIEZ Miguel Angel
    SERRANO RODRIGUEZ Gonzalo

Valencia

Big Boys

INSAUSTI IRASTORZA Jon Ander
    SANZ Enrique
    BOU COMPANY joan
    MOSCHETTI Matteo

Wee Boys

SOTO MARTINEZ Nelson Andres

Pupa

GAZZOLI Michele
    BALLESTEROS CANOVAS Miguel Angel
    MOSCON Gianni  :angry

Sun Herald

1 wee boy

EG Niklas

• ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 11152
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #104 on: February 05, 2018, 10:47 »
    two GC wins this week. De Bie in profit. Can't complain I guess
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Trudgin

• Road Captain
    « Reply #105 on: February 05, 2018, 21:45 »
    New Combo...

Dubai

Wee Boy

JAKOBSEN Fabio

Pupa

CHETOUT Loïc   
    SCHACHMANN Maximilian   

Gold & Peace - Columbia

Big Boys

CAMACHO BERNAL Julio Alexis
    MARTINEZ POVEDA Daniel Felipe
    TXOPERENA MATXIKOTE Beñat
    BARRENETXEA URIARTE Ander
    FLOREZ LOPEZ Miguel Eduardo

Wee Boys

HODEG CHAGUI Alvaro Jose
    NARVAEZ PRADO Jhonatan ManuelPupa

Pupa

SIMION Paolo 
    GAVIRIA RENDON Fernando

La Provence

Big Boys

YUSTRE RODRIGUEZ Kristian Javier
    TURGIS Jimmy
    CALMEJANE Lilian
    SANZ Enrique
    MOSCHETTI Matteo

Wee Boys

BARTHE Cyril
    SEVILLA LOPEZ Diego Pablo
    IDJOUADIENE Pierre

Pupa

GAUDU David   

Murcia / Almeria

Big Boys

BENITO DIEZ Miguel Angel
    MAS NICOLAU Enric

Wee Boys

Pupa

CASTRILLO ZAPATER Jaime
    SELLIER Simon
    AMEZQUETA MORENO Julen   

Trofeo Laigueglia

Big Boys

BOU COMPANY joan
    ORSINI Umberto

Wee Boys

ZACCANTI Filippo

Pupa

PUCCIONI Dario
    ALBANESE Vincenzo
    BERLATO Giacomo

lots of riders -not a lot of winners.... raging Felline isnt back for Laigueglia  :angry
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 21:11 by Trudgin »

skidmark

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #106 on: February 06, 2018, 04:43 »
    Update #4: Kryvo Cleans up as Overall Tightens

This week was a pretty simple one - three 2.1 races held the bulk of riders in this game, and one of them was won by one of the most popular riders in the game, another by one of the most expensive. It would logically follow that the winner had at least Valverde and Chaves to start with, and this turned out to be true.

This Week's Top Scorers

1   Kryvo   449
    2   minessa   443
    3   scrooll07   428
    4   18-Valve. (pithy)   419
    5   DJ Sprtsch   418

It was pretty tight at the top this week, with the top 5 being separated by only 31 points. Kryvo indeed had the winning formula of Valverde and Chaves for the biggest points, but also got points from Sean de Bie, Danny van Poppel and Byran Coquard, to eke out the victory. minessa ALMOST gets there, with the same mix of riders, the biggest difference being Jurgen Roelandts' 30 points instead of DvP's 36. So close! Last year's Green Jersey winner scrooll07 rounds out the podium without Valverde, but on top of Chaves and De Bie their team had 66 points each from rare picks Howson and Guerreiro, and some contributions from Mads Pedersen and Roman Kreuziger.

This Week's High Movers

Rank   Team   Up/down
    1   minessa   (+51)
    2   Guybrush   (+48)
    3   del1962   (+44)
    4   Object   (+43)
    5   Total Package   (+36)

With a few more points on the board for everyone, it's not quite as nuts as last week's 67 point jump, but points runner up minessa moves up more than a half-century to take top spot. Guybrush rides the success of unique pick Sergio Henao and rare pick Egan Bernal to sweep the Colombian national championships (and get 2nd in the high movers), and del1962 has a none-too-shabby week with points from some riders already mentioned plus Pantano in Colombia and what might turn out to be a good pick on only 5 teams, Kilian Frankiny.

Note: it's the end of the first month of the game, too, and normally every month we have the Monthly High Scorers and Top Movers as well. But, as it's the first month, the High Scorers are the same as the overall, and the Top Movers are just people who moved down from the original tie for first. So, that's not worth summarizing here!

Green Jersey Competition

Rank   Team   Total
    1   Jon_Ezeitza   90
    2   18-Valve. (pithy)   52
    3   ChrisDK   46
    4   Kryvo   45
    5   Poles & Co.   42

The hot team of January, Jon Ezeitza, remains untouchable on top, but with 2 4th place finishes in a row (26 points each), 18-Valve.(pithy) slides into second overall, and Kryvo's weekly win moves their team immediately up to 4th. No ties in the top 5 - of the 4 weekly winners, Jon Ezeitza did it twice, ChrisDK got an extra point for a 15th place tie to have 46 overall, and Kryvo got 45.

Top 10 Overall

1   (-)   Jon_Ezeitza   1074
    2   (+8)   search   1029
    3   (+3)   Nathanptz   1016
    4   (+3)   l'velo   978
    5   (-1)   bminchow   975
    6   (+10)   JSpear   967
    7   (+4)   postmanhat   964
    8   (-3)   sodak_za   936
    9   (-)   Giallo   933
    10   (-7)   Sneekes   928

Jon Ezeitza uses their team's cushion to ride out a rough week (they finished 119th without popular picks Chaves and Coquard) and hang on to first place. search makes a big leap to second, and Nathanptz joins the other 2 above the 1000 point barrier on the podium. Special shout-out to l'velo in 4th place, who I missed due to a formula glitch in last week's update (they should have been 7th). JSpear and postmanhat slide into the top 10, Salvarani and Poles & Co (2nd last week!) drop out.

spreadsheet at dropbox
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 11152
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    « Reply #107 on: February 06, 2018, 09:20 »
    nice, 2nd is an all time high, I think (:

I fear this will be difficult to defend though

Dubai Tour   
    NIZZOLO Giacomo   
    CAVENDISH Mark   

Oro y Paz   
    DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres   
    ALAPHILIPPE Julian   
    GUARDINI Andrea   

Tour de la Provence   
    COQUARD Bryan   
    REBELLIN Davide   

Vuelta de Murcia   
    VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro   
    FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben   
    DE BIE Sean   

Trofeo Laigueglia   
    BRAMBILLA Gianluca   
    DE BIE Sean   
    VANDENBERGH Stijn   

Clasica de Almeria   
    VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro   
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #108 on: February 09, 2018, 05:05 »
    Hey folks, so I need to line up some people to do updates this year while I'm not around frequent internet. Normally, this is May, June, and July while I work in the bush, but this year I might need some more help. The plan as of now is to do a little bike trip in Europe at the end of March - I'm hoping to catch a stage of Pais Vasco live, as well as Paris-Roubaix, and maybe even Amstel! I'll get to cheer my team on from the front lines. Regardless, it looks like I need help for:

April
    May
    June
    July

I know a few people told me by PM when they submitted their teams that they'd be willing to do updates, but because I got like 150 PMs in a week, I don't exactly remember who said that. Anyway, if I could get some volunteers for each of those months, that would be really great. I'll send you the info on how to update before it comes time. Thanks all.
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4192
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 20182017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #109 on: February 12, 2018, 15:13 »
    Moser 140
    Cavendish 64
    Senechal 54
    Martinez 50
    Gaudu 30
    Pantano 21
    Brambilla 15
    Nizzolo 11
    Minali 10
    Mas 5
    Guardini 3

Better than expected, with some unexpected points. Very happy with Senechal's 5th place in Almeria. Great performance as well by Dani Martinez. And of course a GREAT win by Moser and actually he is less popular than I thought, just checked and he isn't even on 50% of the teams :)
    On the flip side Minali lost a chunk of points compared to last year when he scored big points in Dubai thanks to the cancellation of the Hatta Dam stage. Also, I would have liked a little more from Gaudu and Brambilla. Unfortunately it seems Van Poppel will be a very good pick which kinda stings because I initially forgot about him and then when I discovered him I couldn't figure out a good way to fit him in so I passed :(

Next week:
    Tour of Oman (2.HC)
    Superman Lopez
    Jakobsen
    Terpstra
    Bettiol
    Cavendish
    Conci
    Felline
    Nizzolo
    Kangert
    Coquard
    Capiot

Vuelta a Andalucia (2.HC)
    Moser
    Mamykin

Volta ao Algarve (2.HC)
    Kennaugh
    Senechal
    Oomen
    Turgis

Tour du Haut Var (2.1)
    Enger
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

Joelsim

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1445
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    « Reply #110 on: February 12, 2018, 17:06 »
    I didn’t go for Moser as I had him in the UCI game.  :S
  • ReplyReply

• Trudgin

• Road Captain
    « Reply #111 on: February 12, 2018, 20:17 »
    Next up

Tour of Oman (2.HC)

Big boys

LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel
    FELLINE Fabio

Wee boys

JAKOBSEN Fabio
    CONCI Nicola

Pupa

DLAMINI Nicholas
    CHETOUT Loïc   
    CAVAGNA Rémi   
    DE GENDT Aimé
    NIBALI Antonio
    MARTINELLI Davide

Vuelta a Andalucia (2.HC)

big boys

SANZ Enrique
    LANDA MEANA Mikel
    BOU COMPANY joan

Wee Boys

Pupa

BOUDAT Thomas
    SOLER GIMENEZ Marc

Volta ao Algarve (2.HC)

Big Boys

BENITO DIEZ Miguel Angel
    TURGIS Jimmy
    SANCHEZ REBOLLIDO Angel Lorenzo
    OFFREDO Yoann

Pupa

CASTRILLO ZAPATER Jaime
    AMEZQUETA MORENO Julen   

Tour du Haut Var (2.1)

MOSCHETTI Matteo

Wee boys

BARTHE Cyril
    ZACCANTI Filippo
    IDJOUADIENE Pierre

• ReplyReply

• skidmark

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #112 on: February 19, 2018, 21:30 »
    Update #6: Winning is a Fine Art

**note: I'm looking for people to take on the posting of the updates for the following months: May, June, July. If you are interested, please let me know either here or by PM, thanks!**

I have very limited time this week, so this update will be a little lower level of detail than normal. But a big week, with 3 2.HC and a 2.1 race, and even more riders getting their seasons underway.

This Week's Top Scorers

1   TheArt   661
    2   PeterB   592
    3   archieboy   555
    4   zaka_fan   533
    5   ruvu75   519

Big week this week for TheArt, being one of only 2 teams with Lutsenko, one of 24 with Geraint Thomas, and one of many with Lopez. That mix of rare to popular riders was a winner this week, breaking 600 points. PeterB has Kruijswijk and Fuglsang in place of Lutsenko, and with the other two riders it's enough for second. archieboy rounds out the podium.

This Week's High Movers

Rank   Team   Up/down
    1   TheArt   (+81)
    2   PeterB   (+52)
    3   ruvu75   (+51)
    4   zaka_fan   (+50)
    5   Object   (+49)

Similar table here, with the incredibly notable jump of EIGHTY ONE spots by our weekly winner, nearly 2/3 of the table in one fell swoop. PeterB gets second here, and their jump is notable because it's into the top ten! Quite the move this week. ruvu75 is very close behind in third.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank   Team   Total
    1   Jon_Ezeitza   90
    2   ChrisDK   72
    3   PeterB   57
    4   Nathanptz   54
    5   18-Valve. (pithy)   52

A weekly win of 45 points will no longer get you in the top 5 overall; this competition is starting to flesh out. PeterB and Nathanptz score to leap into the top 5, the others were already there last week.

Top 10 Overall

1   (+1)   Nathanptz   1841
    2   (+11)   Popchu   1706
    3   (+6)   l'velo   1680
    4   (-3)   bminchow   1658
    4   (+8)   LosBrolin   1658
    6   (+22)   Squire   1649
    7   (-4)   abbulf   1646
    8   (+52)   PeterB   1599
    9   (+13)   DJ Sprtsch   1574
    10   (-2)   CQmanager   1552

Some big moves in the top 10 this week! bminchow slides down after a week on top, and last week's runner up Nathanptz takes over with a pretty decent lead over 2nd. Popchu leaps into the top 10 right up to second, and l'velo bounces back after sliding a bit and regains the podium. Popchu, LosBrolin, Squire, PeterB and DJ Sprtsch all jump into the top 10 overall this week.
    Spreadsheet at dropbox
  • ReplyReply

• Trudgin

• Road Captain
    « Reply #113 on: February 19, 2018, 22:40 »
    Next Up

Abu Dhabi

Big boys

LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel
    MAS NICOLAU Enric
    IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Ion
    ZAKARIN Ilnur

Wee boys

HODEG CHAGUI Alvaro Jose
    KNOX James
    EG Niklas
    EENKHOORN Pascal

Pupa

ALBANESE Vincenzo   
    NIBALI Antonio

Anatalya

Big Boys

MOSCHETTI Matteo - look who I missed  :lol :lol :lol

Wee Boys

SEVILLA LOPEZ Diego Pablo

Pupa (emerging)

GAZZOLI Michele
    RAILEANU Cristian

Omloop

Big Boys

GOUGEARD Alexis
    FELLINE Fabio
    OFFREDO Yoann

Pupa (emerging)

DE GENDT Aimé
    GAVIRIA RENDON Fernando
    DE GENDT Aimé   

Ardeche & Drome

Big Boys

BALLERINI Davide
    CALMEJANE Lilian

Wee boys

NARVAEZ PRADO Jhonatan Manuel
    IDJOUADIENE Pierre
    CONCI Nicola

Pupa (emerging)

CHETOUT Loïc   
    SCHACHMANN Maximilian   
    GAUDU David   
    CAVAGNA Rémi   
    MARTINELLI Davide

Disco Inferno (K-B-K)

Big Boys

SENECHAL Florian
    FELLINE Fabio

Pupa (emerging)

DLAMINI Nicholas
    SELLIER Simon
    BOUDAT Thomas
    GAVIRIA RENDON Fernando
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 20:48 by Trudgin »

skidmark

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #114 on: February 21, 2018, 21:15 »
    I got a message saying some points didn't show up in the update, but I think that's because I put in the wrong link!! Oops sorry, it was last week's rather than this week. Here's the correct link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7tru60x90rki1l/CQ%202018%20update%206.xlsx?dl=0
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #115 on: February 27, 2018, 03:52 »
    Update #7: The King Stay the King

**note: I'm looking for people to take on the posting of the updates for June and July. If you are interested, please let me know either here or by PM, thanks!**

Opening Weekend in Belgium has a different feel to anything that's come before it - the season really feels underway when the cobbles show up in Europe, when people strap on race numbers in Belgium, when teams try to make up for a bad Het Volk by trying too hard in KBK on Sunday. But as far as the CQ game is concerned, it's just a continuation of the points parade, a big week to be sure, but we've already had some weeks with several tuneup races giving lots of cumulative points. And as it happened, this year on Opening Weekend, most of the big points from major picks in this game were a continent away, in Dubai.

This Week's Top Scorers

1   fauniera   687
    2   Kryvo   662
    3   torcia_86   654
    4   Kazistuta   627
    5   18-Valve. (pithy)   614

We have a familiar face at the top this week. It was only a matter of time before the brash move of picking both Valverde and Alaphilippe paid off for reigning champ fauniera, and it turns out time is up by the end of February. Their team's most expensive 3 picks (those two and Lopez) really took it home in Abu Dhabi, one Wico Kelderman stumble away from taking the whole podium. Throw in 82 points from Formolo for good measure, as well as some dribs and drabs from backup support, and you've got a weekly win. Kryvo wasn't that far behind, without Alaphilippe but with a bunch of smaller points from supporting players like Guardini, Bille, Van Poppel, Izaguirre, etc. torcia_86 has a great showing too, 8 points out of second with no Valverde, but another succesful 'Val' in the winner of Het Nieuwsblad, as well as Ala and Lopez.

This Week's High Movers

Rank   Team   Up/down
    1   torcia_86   (+55)
    2   Hakkie2   (+44)
    3   18-Valve. (pithy)   (+39)
    4   LightBing   (+37)
    5   fauniera   (+32)

The aforementioned torcia conveys that third place on the last standings to first on the High Movers ranking, handily winning over the still-impressive 44 point jump by Hakkie2 (one of the 12 lucky ducks that chose Narvaez) and 18-Valve (riding high on the success of the team's namesake).

Green Jersey Competition

Rank   Team   Total
    1   Jon_Ezeitza   90
    2   Kryvo   80
    3   18-Valve. (pithy)   74
    4   ChrisDK   72
    5   fauniera   60

Two-time weekly winner Jon Ezeitza still holds on to the lead, but it's tightening up! Kryvo gets 35 points this week to move up to second, 18-Valve gets 22 points to leap to third, and weekly winner fauniera jumps into the top 5 in this competition as well.

Top 10 Overall

1   (-)   Nathanptz   2233
    2   (-)   Popchu   2216
    3   (+1)   bminchow   2136
    4   (+2)   Squire   2122
    5   (+24)   Kryvo   2092
    6   (+3)   DJ Sprtsch   2085
    7   (+9)   Blues in the bottle   2082
    7   (+32)   fauniera   2082
    9   (+8)   JSpear   2078
    10   (-6)   LosBrolin   2076

Early in the season and still a fair amount of volatility, but the very top is fairly stable. Nathanptz moved into the lead last week and although that has been dramatically reduced, it still holds. Popchu stays in second and bminchow claws back a spot after falling out of first last week. Kryvo and fauniera make big jumps into the top 10, and Blues in the bottle and JSpear make pretty decent ones themselves, while abbulf, l'velo, PeterB and CQManager say goodbye to the spotlight, at least for now.

I swear this is really the current spreadsheet at dropbox this time guys!
  • ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4192
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 20182017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #116 on: February 27, 2018, 19:38 »
    -12 on the week and in one fell swoop weeks of steady progress out the window :o
    But this week started well with 98 points in Le Samyn with Terpstra, Capiot and Jakobsen

This week not too many riders but some potential big scorers
    Strade Bianche (1.WT)
    Rosa
    Latour
    Moser
    Bettiol
    Conci
    Felline

GP Industria & Artigianato (1.HC)
    Martinez

Dwars door West-Vlaanderen (1.1)
    Jakobsen
    Senechal
    Coquard

Paris-Nice (2.WT)
    Chaves
    Oomen
    Pantano
  • ReplyReply

• rote_laterne

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 143
    « Reply #117 on: February 28, 2018, 21:13 »
    This year I have actually most of my riders racing and not bad. Top 30 is my highest ever ranking I believe.
  • ReplyReply

• Trudgin

• Road Captain
    « Reply #118 on: February 28, 2018, 22:21 »
    Strade Bianche (1.WT)

big boys

Felline
    Betancur
    Ballerini

Wee boy

Madouas

pupa

Schachmann
    Gaviria
    Moscon
    Gogl

GP Industria & Artigianato (1.HC)

big boys

Martinez
    Ballerini
    Orsini
    Florez

wee boys

Madouas

Pupa

Castrillo
    Puccioni
    Berlato
    Kolar

Paris Nice

big boys

Calmejaune
    Izagirre I
    Zakarin

Pupa

Castrillo
    Boudat
    Soler
    Nibali A

Dwars door West-Vlaanderen (1.1)

big boys

Senechal
    Turgis

wee boys

Hodeg
    Jakobsen
    Narvaez

Pupa

Sellier
    Chetout
    Alzate
    Martinelli
  • ReplyReply

• skidmark

• Neo Pro
    « Reply #119 on: March 05, 2018, 23:06 »
    Update #8: Geraint Too Good

**note: I'm looking for people to take on the posting of the updates for June and July. If you are interested, please let me know either here or by PM, thanks!**

A fairly quiet week in CQ land, with a weekday slate almost empty of top tier races save La Samyn, and then Strade Bianche and one day of Paris-Nice on the weekend. So the top scores are relatively modest but glory comes from crossing the line first, not from the underlying points.

This Week's Top Scorers

1   Geraint Too Fast   320
    2   Roubaix   318
    3   LightBing   285
    4   escartin   275
    5   Googolplex   270

Geraint Too Fast, long-time game participant and often a mainstay in the upper echelon, takes out the weekly winnings by a hair. As one of two teams with Romain Bardet, it must be pleasing to see him with a relatively unexpected result in SB. Terpstra and Sean De Bie, who got 80 and 67 points for GTF this week, were more popular picks, but rare enough to surge their team to victory. Roubaix comes oh-so-close in second, with Terpstra and De Bie as well, but additional contributions from Stybar, Rob Power, and Fabio Jakobsen. Light Bing is a bit further back in third place, as one of three teams with first-time professional victor Tiesj Benoot.

This Week's High Movers

Rank   Team   Up/down
    1   Geraint Too Fast   (+32)
    2   Roubaix   (+29)
    3   escartin   (+26)
    4   LightBing   (+23)
    5   Koronin   (+20)

A very similar bunch here, with escartin - another Benoot holder - nabbing the final podium spot.

This Month's Top Scorers

Rank   Team   Points this Month
    1   Popchu   1687
    2   TheArt   1607
    3   MADRAZO   1528
    4   ruvu75   1507
    5   Squire   1502

February is over, which means it's time to summarize the month (plus the first weekend of March, as that's how CQ gives their updates). Popchu scores big this month; with 1687 points, their team would be ahead of about 40 teams even if they didn't have January's scores to count as well! Quite impressive. Also impressive is that they've gotten such a solid month with two riders over 200 points (Astana's middle eastern kings, Lopez and Lutsenko), and three more over 100 (Alaphilippe, Van Poppel, and Moser). Most of their team's contributions came from solid double-digit showings, including 3 riders with exactly 79 points this month (the 'otherwise they have nothing in common' trio of Cavendish, Vliegen and De Bie). TheArt has to settle for second place (although they won a week, so they've had their taste of glory) with a similar set of riders, although add Geraint Thomas and subtract Moreno Moser. MADRAZO cracks 1500 and nabs a podium spot with similar guys as Popchu but switch Lutsenko out for Cort in the high scorers.

This Month's High Movers

Rank   Team   Up/down
    1   TheArt   (+83)
    2   MADRAZO   (+72)
    3   rote_laterne   (+71)
    4   EvansIsTheBest   (+70)
    5   Gigs_98   (+69)

Just like the weekly scores, the lists are similar... the top 2 were on the previous podium (winner Popchu was already high enough up that there wasn't much farther to jump), and rote_laterne slides into third place with some of the usual suspects as well as being one of the lucky 12 teams to pick Narvaez (125 points this month).

• ReplyReply

•