collapse

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 5871
  • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
General News 2018
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:55 »
http://bikemag.hu/magazin/hirek/a-legujabb-magyar-kontinentalis-csapat-interju-a-pannon-cycling-team-vezetojevel

Interview with one of the guys behind the new Hungarian CT team.

The aim of the Pannon Cycling Team is to minimize the huge distance that separates the world's professional edge from the completely amateur Hungarian bicycle market. In the first year, goals were not ranked or number of UCI points, as this would not have much to do with it. For us, it is much more important to develop a consistent professional work, a strong, but not failed, competitive program, a new approach and a good community at our team. If this is achieved steadily, then we can go further and begin the harder work and the pursuit of even more beautiful dreams.

Adam Szabo is the DS/head coach.

Team: Holló Botond, Ruttkay Zoltán, Zathureczky Márk, Dina Dániel, Dina Márton, Filutás Viktor, Kovács Máté, Kriván András, Orosz Gergő, Simon Péter, Szabó Miklós, Szatmári András, Szöllősi Ferenc és Valter Attila.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6442
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Re: General News 2018
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:44 »
    Adam Szabo is the DS/head coach.
    Indeed it's the Slovakian DS of Nice '17 & Terengganu '16. :)
    One of the riders, Miklos Szabó, is a Slovakian citizen as well (possibly a relative), the rest is Hungarians.
    Adam & Miklos, as can be seen from their names, are part of the Hungarian minority in Hungary.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's Pro Cycling Correspondent
    2018 Synergy Baku Press Officer; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 18:13 »
    Although they don't have Peak or Pelikan and I only recognise Simon Peter, I do like the fact they have gone virtually all Hungarian and are all fairly young. Contrast with MEMIL who have gone down a different route of, how shall we say, foreign journeymen and only two young Finns.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    « Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 07:37 »
    Although they don't have Peak or Pelikan and I only recognise Simon Peter, I do like the fact they have gone virtually all Hungarian and are all fairly young.
    I recognise Holló and Filutás, though really only by name.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6095
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 08:08 »
    Here's an official #jumbo video on Lars Boom's recovery.

At 33s, next to the EPC chart on the fridge door in what is presumably Boom's garage, the words "Team Sky" are scrawled.

https://youtu.be/fDA5m5KYbIU?t=33s

Wonder what that's all about? :P
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    « Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 19:12 »
    https://siol.net/sportal/kolesarstvo/tadej-valjavec-se-pri-stiridesetih-vraca-na-dirke-461718

Valjavec hits the comeback trail at the Istrian Spring Trophy on Thursday.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 972
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    « Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 18:21 »
    The title of this article almost says it all. Basically, Lefevre is thinking he's crashing because he came off the track and isn't used to paying quite the attention needed in a road situation. I find that thought intriguing, especially since Cav came off the track, and has been plagued by crashes as well. It makes sense. Sagan came off mountain bikes, where handling is a priority. Cav and Gaviria came off track success, where handling issues are limited to some argy-bargy between a couple of riders - and track-stands. It only needs to be a miniscule difference in attention.

http://www.velonews.com/2018/03/news/quick-step-boss-gaviria-needs-to-concentrate-to-avoid-crashing_460614
  • ReplyReply
  • Eeyore sez . . .

rote_laterne

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 45
    « Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 12:25 »
    Zoidls  #felbermayr goals:
    Österreichrundfahrt and Tour of the Alps, he also eyes  the Worlds (both road and ITT).

http://sport.orf.at/stories/2291227/ (german)
  • ReplyReply

• rote_laterne

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 45
    « Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 19:48 »
    Denifl  #aquablue has again problems with his right knee and couldn't train for three or four weeks. He hopes to resolve the problem in the next weeks and return for the Tour of Yorkshire or Tour of Norway. His goals are Tour de Suisse, Tour of Austria and World Championships.

http://sport.orf.at/stories/2291551/ (german)
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 02:31 »
    ROFLOL. Bouhanni, sorry sucker that he is:

https://twitter.com/petercossins/status/983955704921894912
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 13:00 »
    ROFLOL. Bouhanni, sorry sucker that he is:

https://twitter.com/petercossins/status/983955704921894912

Bouhanni has another year to run on his contract but I reckon at this rate he's headed to #fortuneo in 2019 or, if he's really lucky, #didata. Both teams could do with an occasional win and Boubou can deliver it.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 13:06 »
    Bouhanni has another year to run on his contract but I reckon at this rate he's headed to #fortuneo in 2019 or, if he's really lucky, #didata. Both teams could do with an occasional win and Boubou can deliver it.
    Ummm. I can't see him moving to #didata - his personality is completely wrong for them. And I have to think Cav wouldn't want any part of Bouhanni on the same team - but that is a mere guess on my part. Of course, Cav may move on himself.

But, for sure, I can't see Vasseur having any heartburn over releasing Bouhanni's contract.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    « Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 18:22 »
    More like #delko in my opinion.
    Like M Gee, I just don't see Bouhanni fitting in with #didata at all - and #fortuneo don't strike me as the team that would hire him. They're all-in behind Barguil for the big races, and then have a bunch of feisty allrounders for the rest.
    #vital could be a fit ... but they have Coquard already.

To sum up, I think Nacer is heading for a big cut in his salary.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    « Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 07:57 »
    More like #delko in my opinion.
    Like M Gee, I just don't see Bouhanni fitting in with #didata at all - and #fortuneo don't strike me as the team that would hire him. They're all-in behind Barguil for the big races, and then have a bunch of feisty allrounders for the rest.
    #vital could be a fit ... but they have Coquard already.

To sum up, I think Nacer is heading for a big cut in his salary.

Yeah, I was just joking about #didata. Not much luck with bringing in big sprinters and all that.

#fdj would never take him back and #vital is all about Coquard but #fortuneo still needs a winner because Barguil was never going to do much of that. If Bouhanni didn't demand a big train, he might still deliver on the national circuit and perhaps bring in a couple of invites from organisers who like to season their publicity with a bit of on-the-bike scandal.

But after that, yeah, there aren't many options left for Boubou if he wants to stay in France. He has already stepped down to PCT and hasn't had too many results to show for it lately, so it's highly unlikely that he would get a WT berth with his reputation. He needs to eat humble pie and let it be known that he can be cheap and flexible.

He will need to drop that reticence for which he is famous and talk himself into another deal because I don't think his ego could stand #delko and riding races like Amissa Bongo.
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    « Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 23:46 »
    . . .He needs to eat humble pie and let it be known that he can be cheap and flexible.

He will need to drop that reticence for which he is famous and talk himself into another deal because I don't think his ego could stand #delko and riding races like Amissa Bongo.

Yeah. All that. :D
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: Giro del Trentino by Joelsim
    [Today at 20:34]

Re: Roadbooks by just some guy
    [Today at 05:55]

Re: Giro del Trentino by M Gee
    [Today at 05:08]

Re: Ardennes Classics by t-72
    [April 19, 2018, 21:47]