• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6451
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: Womens 2018 General News and Discussion
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:54 »
As of this season, there's a 137km Brabantse Pijl for the women too, backing up Flanders Classics' effort to push women's equivalents for all of the events it promotes.

In reality though, it existed already for a couple of seasons under the name of the Pajot Hills Classic and took place then as now at Gooik, where a car recently knocked me off my bike. So it's entirely in character, then, that Flanders Classics should scoop up a local race run by local organisers in the name of global domination.

The parcours consists of a number of loops at the extreme opposite side of Flemish Brabant to the men's race and features some of the steep little stinkers that one faces when heading back from Geraardsbergen, including the Congoberg. The roads are narrow, with crap concrete surfaces and tight corners but the wind is unlikely to be a factor today.

Last year's winner Edmondson will not be on the start line since #wiggle isn't fielding a team here but 2016 victor Vos, who must be desperate to show some decent form at this point, will lead #waowdeals. Her biggest rivals will be Marta Bastianelli, who is flying right now, Ensing, Van Dijk and probably D'Hoore.

Van Vleuten is out with her injury sustained in the Ronde and neither #boels nor #canyon will be present. Several invitation teams will make up the numbers and, of these, Keukens Redant will field a rider with the coolest name I have ever seen in the women's peloton:

https://twitter.com/hettyniblett/status/972017112586780672
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni