t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 2658
meanwhile, in Norway, there has been 2 excellent smaller UCI races, unfortunately these still don't get TV coverage:
GP Sundvolden and Ringerike GP.

Saturday, in GP Sundvolden, the one that ends with a 4 kilometer climb, it was usually won by some guy from the flat pancakeland to the south of Norway.

Vi bøyer oss i hatten for #virtu ALexander Kamp.

Today, finally - Team Uno-X Hydrogen development team get their first(?) UCI victory on home soil:

#unox Syver Wærsted!

There's quite a few steep climbs in this race too (most famous Knestang and Riperbakken), but they are shorter, steeper and more punchy than Kleiva which is the final 4 km limb in GP Sundvolden.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 11321
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Joelsim

• Classics Winner
    • Liked: 1448
      • Music To Your Ears
    • Awards: Fanboy of 2016New member of the year 2015Current leader, 2015-17 Emerging Riders CQ game
    OMFG.

Coquard has won a race.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6650
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    OMFG.

Coquard has won a race.

And so has Hofstetter. First pro win after more top 10s this year than I care to count. At flippin' last!

"I always told myself it would happen one day," he told DirectVelo. "Just by trying and trying I knew I'd get a win, so I never put pressure on myself. I didn't go off the rails and that's surely why I've finally won one."

https://www.directvelo.com/actualite/66278/hugo-hofstetter-c-est-une-liberation (FR)
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 21:18 by LukasCPH »
    Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

search

• World Champion
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    love the double silent H. Ügo Ofstetter :win :win
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    love the double silent H. Ügo Ofstetter :win :win

Big talent wasted at #cofidis, just like Sénéchal was.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    another win for Cofidis today.

for a moment at least...

https://twitter.com/BrainOnWheels/status/997880935625494528

looks like a clever move to me, not worthy a relegation. And it happened with 5k to go or so. But well...

• ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 6695
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    another win for Cofidis today.

for a moment at least...

https://twitter.com/BrainOnWheels/status/997880935625494528

looks like a clever move to me, not worthy a relegation. And it happened with 5k to go or so. But well...

Spookily enough the day before this happened, something very similar occurred on stage 1 of the Vuelta Alicante.

http://vueltaprovinciaalicante.es/2018/05/18/el-israeli-itamar-einhoren-fue-el-mas-premiado-de-la-primera-etapa/

Two riders out front being chased by eight others. The eight go the shorter way round a roundabout (no marshals or anything to tell them not to go this way according to reports) and catch the two out front with Einhorn (one of the eight) winning the sprint. They fudged the result even more than l'Ain however by giving the stage win to the first finisher of the two that were out front initially and the GC lead to Einhorn.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Baloise Belgium Tour 2018
    « Reply #98 on: May 24, 2018, 19:23 »
    Someone had to write about the Baloise Belgium Tour, so I guess it might as well be me.

Yesterday's opening stage was really a bit of a mess. Crashes everywhere and some of the responsibility laid at the door of the organisers, who this year have invited several teams with an eye-watering lack of familiarity with Flemish racing (cobbles, gutters, cars on the road, lots of corners): Bardiani-CSF, Euskadi-Murias, Burgos-BH, Sovac-Natura4Ever.  :o :o :o

So much for that but it was indeed a crashfest and not just for the local trucks ...

Not that it looked that way on paper: it was business as usual for the resurgent Andre Greipel.

Same today, really. Greipel didn't win by a lot - his leadout was perfectly executed but began rather too early - but the Gorilla is very much present and correct these days:

The rest of the race isn't particularly hard. Friday's TT is short and flat (11km) and twice each up the Côte d'Ereffe and the Mur de Huy on Saturday isn't going to be too hard with only three WT teams in the field.

• ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Tour des Fjords
    « Reply #99 on: May 24, 2018, 19:29 »
    A fabulous neo pro season continues for Jakobsen.

After failing to win a stage at Romandie and otherwise slightly underperforming elsewhere, Old Man Albasini seemed to be winding up a crap Spring ... or so we thought.

This was a nice first pro win for "Bjorn" Bjorg Lambrecht, the runner up in last year's Tour de l'Avenir. Big things to come from this lad. Haven't seen the video but he won on ST with faster guys and I didn't think he could sprint ...

• ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6941
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Re: Tour des Fjords
    « Reply #100 on: May 24, 2018, 20:54 »
    This was a nice first pro win for "Bjorn" Bjorg Lambrecht, the runner up in last year's Tour de l'Avenir. Big things to come from this lad. Haven't seen the video but he won on ST with faster guys and I didn't think he could sprint ...
    Stage 3 finished up a ~500 metre, 8% climb. ;)
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2658
    ...after local laps in Egersund so technical/dangerous that both #jumbo Amund Grøndal Jansen and #didata Edvald Boasson Hagen were quite angry afterwards, for like 2 minutes on national news right now... 
    Hushovd told them to calm down, but the stage could definetly have been a crashfest if not for Norway's customary sunny and warm cycling weather. Jansen Valverde and Boazo are not hotheaded like Lars Boom, quite the opposite: it is very unusual to see them complain like this.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Tour of Bihor 1st - 3rd June

Stage 1 Oradea – Bratca – Oradea (180km)

Stage 2A Oradea – Stana de Vale (86km)

12.3km at 6.9%

Stage 2B Avram Iancu – Unirii Square TT (1.9km)

Stage 3 Oradea – Marghita – Oradea (171km)

Exact same course as last year when Torres won the overall (Chirico second and Sosa third).

Competing teams:

ANDRONI – SIDERMEC – BOTTECHIA

PROJECT NICE COTE D’AZUR
    0711 | CYCLING
    AC SPARTA PRAHA
    WSA PUSHBIKERS
    TREVIGIANI PHONIX-HEMUS 1896
    CK PRIBRAM FANY GASTRO
    TEAM SAPURA
    TORKU SEKERSPOR
    TEAM NOVAK
    KOBANYA CYCLING TEAM
    MSTINA  FOCUS PRO CYCLING TEAM

NATIONALA SERBIEI
    NATIONALA MOLDOVEI

CYCLING TEAM FRIULI
    NOVO NORDISK DEVELOPMENT TEAM
    BIG HUNTER BELTRAMI TSA SEANESE
    CSA STEAUA BUCURESTI
    TEAM KTM
    TEAM CERVELO
    WOHNBEFINDEN GRAZ ARBO
    UVT DEVRON-WEST CYCLING TEAM

A couple of other teams (Tirol and Dukla Banska Bystrica) were announced via twitter a while back, but they aren't on the website at the mo, so I guess they have changed their plans.

@tourofbihor
    @faustocoppi60
    #tourofbihor
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:29 by Leadbelly »

search

• World Champion
    let's see who'll be around for Androni to make it three in a row... #torku Raileanu is probably the only one who may be able to challenge them?!
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    The rest of the race isn't particularly hard. Friday's TT is short and flat (11km) and twice each up the Côte d'Ereffe and the Mur de Huy on Saturday isn't going to be too hard with only three WT teams in the field.

Here's the wrap-up on a fairly dreary edition of the Baloise Belgium Tour.

Well as it turned out, massive-headed Jelle Vanendert partied like it was 2011 and gave us a nice solo win on the queen stage around Wanze. Teammate Keukeleire, who I had been thinking might have made a mistake going to #lotto, somehow managed to hang tough behind and rolled into the overall lead. He kept that easily the following day on a completely featureless run-in to Tongeren, the symbolic home of that mythical guy whose name I forget.

Note that Le Coq Fautif was finally restored to Le Coq Sportif again in the last sprint there. Terrible inaugural year for #vital but things can only get better.

Ambiorix.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Competing teams:
    0711 | CYCLING
    They cancelled their participation, I learned from @faustocoppi60.

The team doesn't have a Conti license this year, and nobody is quite sure which riders are on the team and which aren't.
    As far as I know, they haven't done any race at all so far as a team. :fp
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    let's see who'll be around for Androni to make it three in a row... #torku Raileanu is probably the only one who may be able to challenge them?!

just checked the pictures from the team presentation... Raileanu is not around, but Androni bringt Sosa, Rivera and Bisolti for the climbs and Malucelli for the sprints. This will be tough for anyone else to get a stage win I guess... best chance is probably the ITT

edit: in the end, #torku Railenau seems to be there. No idea why he didn't attend the team presentation

https://twitter.com/tourofbihor/status/1002451837965004801

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:51 by search »

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Some other names are back again if you believe the on-screen graphics. ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

2B doesn't want to show it's face, but Salzmann took the win for WSA Pushbikers.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    Here's 2b, a very short ITT. Only slightly longer than the prologue in Sibiu next month:
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Meanwhile in France, CX don and 2020 full-time roadie to-be MVDP repeats his GC win the Boucles de la Mayenne.

Perhaps the bigger story here though is the resurgent Bouhanni (albeit at UCI-2 level) and the conclusion of a five-win banner week for #cofidis.

Until May came around, the cheap loaners had chalked a mere four wins on the board and all of them from Laporte. Now we are in the first week of June and Vasseur's boys have a tally of fifteen! :cool They need just one more win to make this their best season since 2015.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Another team whose fortunes finally seem to be looking up is #wanty although, unlike #cofidis lately, this is largely thanks to one rider. Van Der Schueren's riders are rarely prolific anyway but, apart from two wins from Guillaume Martin in April, the trophy cupboard for 2018 was completely empty.

So it's all thanks to third-tier sprinter Andrea Pasqualon, who's been at Wanty since last year but has obviously taken a while to settle in. The Italian has delivered four wins in just over a week, the most impressive of which is a GC hang-on at the Tour de Luxembourg against an admittedly weak field.

Note another Cofidis win on the last day there for the hard working Anthony Pérez.

Nice podium spots too for Slovene Jan Tratnik of #ccc, who is turning out to be quite a solid leader for the Polish team, and U23 local boy Pit Leyder, who also took the youth jersey this week.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Kristoff #uae #champeu won traditional Suisse warm-up race the GP Canton d'Argovie-Gippingen in an uphill sprint. The Norwegian has had a very patchy year so far: a handful of wins but only one at WT level. He needs to have a strong week in Switzerland to calm both him and his team before July.

• ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    It's the one and only Ronde de l'Oise, a short stage race jaunt around the rolling and often foggy roads northeast of Paris.

Norwegian #joker, the team that brought us (or rather #sky) Kristoffer Halvorssen, is on a raiding party south and took the first win of the race.

I remember when Fonseca  #fortuneo was a hot tip. Now he is all of 29 years old and has spent eight long seasons on one of the least performing PCT teams there has ever been. Quo vadis #vitalconcept?

Meanwhile Touze is only 21, folks, and already in his second full season at senior level. He helps #stmichel dig itself out of a deep Spring hole with the team's third win of the season on Stage 2. These races are bread and butter biscuits for a French CT team like this. Did you? Well, did you? I mean, did you see what I did there? Did you?

And look at the Castrated Sociology Textbook in second spot there, riding for #java, a team you see so often in this neck of the woods that Lukas has overlooked the emoji for it. Java is a Singaporean bike brand with a catalogue of imaginatively named models including "Carbon Feroce", "Mito" (should I tell 'em or will you?) and the very original "Bolide".
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    I remember when Fonseca  #fortuneo was a hot tip. Now he is all of 29 years old and has spent eight long seasons on one of the least performing PCT teams there has ever been. Quo vadis #vitalconcept?

Meanwhile Touze is only 21, folks, and already in his second full season at senior level. He helps #stmichel dig itself out of a deep Spring hole with the team's third win of the season on Stage 2. These races are bread and butter biscuits for a French CT team like this. Did you? Well, did you? I mean, did you see what I did there? Did you?
    Yup, I did. We'll return to this eight years from now. :lol

And look at the Castrated Sociology Textbook in second spot there, riding for #java, a team you see so often in this neck of the woods that Lukas has overlooked the emoji for it. Java is a Singaporean bike brand with a catalogue of imaginatively named models including "Carbon Feroce", "Mito" (should I tell 'em or will you?) and the very original "Bolide".
    They're on the list!
    They're all on the list. But as you say, this Serbo-Greek-Singaporean team does so few races we mention that it wasn't all that urgent until now.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 15:32 by LukasCPH »

L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Today's stage of the Ronde de l'Oise was won by Alfred Wright, a mere stripling at 18 years old.

It seems to have been the fashion in the old country around the late 90s and early 2000s to reintroduce all these old forenames.

We're seeing a similar sort of trend here in Belgium where a certain generation of Flemish boys has been landed with florid Italian names (e.g. Massimo Vanderaerden) and the equivalent girls have horrible Aussie/US soap opera knock-offs (e.g. Shari Bossuyt). But I will never understand what inspired the Bekaerts to call their son Yentl.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    But I will never understand what inspired the Bekaerts to call their son Yentl.
    Sounds Yiddish to me. Are they from Antwerpen? ;)
  • ReplyReply

•