collapse

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
  • Liked: 6050
  • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
Vuelta 2018 General Discussion
« on: January 24, 2018, 09:03 »
https://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/Pas-de-vuelta-pour-warren-barguil/869651

Not official, but according to L'Equipe's sources the wildcards will be Cofidis and the three Spanish teams.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 10611
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    Re: Vuelta 2018 General Discussion
    « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 12:46 »
    confirmed now

The organizers of La Vuelta have chosen the teams that will take part in the 73rd edition of the Spanish Grand Tour. La Vuelta 2018 will start on Saturday the 25th of August and finish on Sunday the 16th of September, from Málaga to Madrid.

In accordance with Union Cycliste Internationale rules, the following eighteen UCI WorldTeams are automatically invited to the race:

[...]

In addition to these eighteen teams, the organizers have awarded the following wildcards:

#burgos Burgos - BH (ESP)
    #cofidis Cofidis, Solutions Crédits (FRA)
    #cajarural Caja Rural-Seguros RGA (ESP)
    #murias Euskadi Basque Country – Murias (ESP)

especially #aquablue Aqua Blue will not be happy, and they probably would have deserved to get another invitation after the stage win last year, but I guess from a national point of view it makes sense to reward Burgos and Murias for the risk to go PCT in a very unstable Spanish environment (although both teams don't quite seem to bring what it needs to be GT worthy from a sporting point of view)
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 6050
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 18:44 »
    https://twitter.com/zikloland/status/984342854913921024

Zikloland doesn't think it's so smart to vent your frustrations so publicly.

One thing I was wondering was, have Aquablue actually done much (or any) racing in Spain barring the Vuelta last year? They did Burgos as a warm up for the GT, but I couldn't see any others on the calendar (for this and last year) on the team's website. It probably wouldn't have made much difference to this year's decision, but it would show willing.
  • ReplyReply

• Zam

• everything and nothing.
    • Classics Winner
    • Liked: 484
    « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 18:47 »
    I really hope the Basque do well.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.