collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 6883
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: Mens' transfers and Rumors 2018-19
« on: May 23, 2018, 12:24 »
Trek-Segafredo? Is this still a team I wondered. So I checked that they actually were a WT team on ProCyclingStats. On the Team page they have a list of the last 10 results. It's clearly only a snapshot but Trek-Segafredo's best result in the last 10 is 10th. For UAE it's 6th, next worst is 3rd.
To be fair, this snapshot two thirds through a GT will be skewed a lot towards who they have racing that GT - for #trek that is a squad with a neo-pro, other riders doing their second GT (or so), and a designated GC leader (Brambilla) who is around 30th place overall. Not a bad performance by him I would say seeing as it's his first GT as a leader.
So, yes, they aren't exactly setting the world on fire at the moment; but then, how many teams are.

Why would any world class rider join this team?
:betting
Trek don't have any world-class GT rider at the moment, but a number of decent riders who could work for such a guy. And it's an Anglophone team which doesn't hurt when trying to attract a Yates (or wo).
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean