• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1763
Re: Tour of Oman 2018
« on: February 13, 2018, 19:51 »
Stage 2: (Wednesday, Feb 14) Sultan Qaboos University – Al Bustan, 168 km

As y'all can see here this stage has a harder finish  featuring a steep climb . This is where I thought the Coq Sportif would be at an advantage. Or, rather - one thing I think I know, is that this is not a #didata Mark Cavendish stage. However, there are a few others here in the category of "sprinters that can climb" and then there are some "climbers that can sprint", and depending on how the race plays out, they may all come into contention here. The stage doesn't look that hard, does it?

However, for Coquard to beat Cavendish in a flat sprint on an easy day out? That guy gotta be in shape, so I will try to jinx it once again:

*** #vital Bryan Coquard
** #astana Magnus Cort Nielsen, #bmc Greg van Avermaet
* #uae Aleksander Kristoff,  #cofidis Nacer Bohanni, #katusha Nathan Haas

Looking at last year's results - maybe I am underestimating this stage. The top 10 was basically filled up with GC riders with (then) #didata Nathan Haas and #bmc Greg van Avermaett being the only ones from my list making it to the the top 10. However, last year's starting list was more GC dominated and this year it is more classics riders. That may change the racing style a bit.

Oh -- maybe I should add this guy after all, then  :angel
* #wanty Odd Christian Eiking  :cool
  • ReplyReply

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Latest Roadbooks

Recent Posts

Re: Volta a Catalunya by search
    [Today at 19:36]

Re: Ciclismo Cup (Coppi e Bartali) by search
    [Today at 18:39]

Re: Volta a Catalunya by search
    [Today at 18:30]

Re: General News 2018 by M Gee
    [Today at 18:21]

Re: Ciclismo Cup (Coppi e Bartali) by Mellow Velo
    [Today at 18:01]