t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 2660
Re: Tour of Oman 2018
« on: February 15, 2018, 20:59 »
Stage 4: (Friday, Feb 16) Yiti (Al Sifah) – Ministry of tourism,  118 km.

map:

Profile:

Short stage with a punchy hill on repeat 3 times in the finale, but the finish line is down on the other side. This might end up rather intense, if Greg van Avermaet wants to win overall he has a chance to get some time on #bahrain Nibali and #astana Lopez here. However, last year, the GC riders kept up with the classics riders (quite identical parcours), and #katusha Kristoff won the sprint from a big group of about 50 finishing s.t.

Last year's results:

Kristoff has yet to win this year, and I gather he has had just enough of that, so my guess for tomorrow is

*** #uae Aleksander Kristoff
**#bmc Greg van Avermaet, #vital Bryan Coquard
* #katusha Nathan Haas, #astana Magnus Cort, #sunweb Søren Kragh Andersen

Concerning the GC, #bahrain Nibali or #astana Lopez are to be expected to take it home on the green mountain saturday, but the gaps among the top 10 there were in the 30 secs - 1 minute range last year. If Nibali looses more to  van Avermaet and Haas tomorrow, there is no guarantee he'll catch that on the green mountain.

#wanty Eiking doesn't expect to finish with the white jersey, he can't sprint well due to his foot and longer climbs hasn't been his cup of tea. What then about the other Wanty rider high up on the list, Fabien Doubey?  To me he is an absolute unknown. Can he climb?

• ReplyReply

•