collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 2629
Kuurne - Brussel - Kuurne
« on: February 25, 2018, 21:18 »
It seems like a lot of us had other plans today, but I really like the K-B-K and watched it recorded after a day out skiing. What I like about this race is
1) the race organization, they're all entousiasts and amateurs that love the sport and not some bigcashcompany.
2) #trek Jasper Stuyven - didn't work this time, but yes, he's the man, this is his race.
3) its a classic race where the lead changes hands often and anything can happen almost all the time, even if the final 50 km can be a bit dull
4) #astana Truls Korsæth in the break. He would get confused by the finishing laps anyway  :D

Well deserved sprint victory for #jumbo Dylan Groenewegen.  I am now starting to wonder if he can make it to the Velodrome in Roubaix later this year....

And sh*t luck for a lot of people crashing, this year too: now with no option whatsoever to blame the conditions. All the falls seemed to involve racer errors of some kind. Is it just my impression, or are there always more falls in K-B-K than in Omloop? Is it because the teams send their most stable cobble guys to the Omloop and some more novices to the K-B-K?

Anyway, The best in show award (for not falling) goes to the guy who jumped off his bike over the steering and stuck the landing, staying on his feet while the bike sommersaulted under him. Almost Sagan-grade! Who was that?

And finally, the results!

• ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6630
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    Re: Kuurne - Brussel - Kuurne
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 09:39 »
    There are few other Flemish classics or semi-classics with a finale more tediously unremarkable than this one, to finish off what is otherwise an exciting parcours. Perhaps only Gent-Wevelgem has such a long, tedious stretch to the line and it is credit to those attacking riders in the last couple of editions who decided to shake it up.

Once again we had another windy day, so there were big groups in play throughout, and there were some interesting attempts by #lotto to rewrite the script on the closing circuit.  And I felt for Vermote, Duval and Vliegen, since they still looked good with 1.5km to go.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

Recent Posts

Re: World Championships 2018 by t-72
    [September 25, 2018, 22:50]

Re: UCI Road Map For Cycling by LukasCPH
    [September 25, 2018, 22:02]

Re: World Championships 2018 by Leadbelly
    [September 25, 2018, 20:45]

Re: UCI Road Map For Cycling by Leadbelly
    [September 25, 2018, 20:16]

Re: World Championships 2018 by Carlo Algatrensig
    [September 25, 2018, 20:01]

Re: World Championships 2018 by Mellow Velo