• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 5967
  • @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: 2018 Women's WorldTour
« on: March 05, 2018, 13:50 »
It's disappointing to have to make a first contribution to this thread with a moan but the TV coverage was awful. I suppose we should count ourselves lucky to have witnessed the winning "move", which was really just VdB riding away, and the line being crossed by the #boels leader before the whole thing cut off yet again. Few pictures of Kasia or Longo Borghini, too many of VdB nearly running into the back of the moto.

Conditions were even more epic for the women's race, as it ran off earlier in the day, and only the usual suspects were left after almost the whole peloton just melted away. VdB's long solo move, which came in the closing kms of what I think she described as the hardest bike race she'd ever done, was pretty legendary.

I cast my mind back to this:

This woman excites me in a way that few of the current women's peloton do. Such a powerful rider, all legs and no BS. Anyone who saw the Worlds in Florence last year would agree her potential is enormous and gritty tenacity in spades.

• ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni