collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 6943
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: 2018 Women's WorldTour
« on: March 13, 2018, 11:22 »
And here is my write-up of the podium finishers' reactions:
Pieters: I have been waiting for a big victory for a long time

It's true that it's mostly those 4-6 teams battling for victory. But at least that's more than the total #rabofem domination of years past.
And as Hosking said (though it didn't make it into that article), Alé Cipollini have made it from a small Italian team to an international squad that is definitely a challenger. In time, other teams will reach that level too.

Random observation:
Both here and at Strade Bianche, the second- and third-placed riders were more verbose in their post-race interviews than the actual winners.
I think that some of this has to do with language - though Longo Borghini and Niewiadoma aren't native English speakers, Ryan and Hosking are. And both ELB and Kasia race on teams where English is the main language. But I would have thought that with Dideriksen, Majerus, Deignan, Guarnier etc. the same would be true for Boels.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean