• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 6654
  • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
    • Dopeology.org
  • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
Re: 2018 Women's WorldTour
« on: March 19, 2018, 12:12 »
So #canyon rode as a team and this could improve Kasia's chances of reaching the top step more often this season. With Vos out or uncompetitive for much of 2017, the lack of support for her was conspicuous.

Keeping with the team theme, I felt that #boels - easily the best drilled team in the women's peloton - had a different problem yesterday. With AVDB off sick, there wasn't an obvious candidate for that parcours. Guarnier isn't there yet, Canuel rode strongly but to a strict formula and Blaak would have needed a sit-in on the final climb to win.

And then #sunweb didn't show up at all. Rivera's win here was a bit unexpected anyway last year but the team had nobody when it mattered.

But back to Kasia. She not only won but also made the race. It was her first attack that created the élite group and it was that élite group that she attacked on the final climb. A virtuoso performance, then, and hopefully we will see more of that and a bit less wasted effort spent on the front or chasing down digs.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni