Women's Road Cycling > 2018 Women's WorldTour
collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 6795
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: 2018 Women's WorldTour
« on: April 16, 2018, 18:46 »
I did watch the race. It was a good one, if with a somewhat unexpected outcome - not because of who won (you can't discount any #boels rider, ever), but because of how she won.

A break of eight got away with 60 km to go, just before the first Cauberg, and most big teams had a rider up there. So they weren't interested in chasing, the first peloton (the bunch had just split on the Keutenberg) even sat up to wait for the second peloton ... which caused the gap to balloon to 2:35 minutes in no time.

From there, the break managed their advantage well, and there still was little desire to chase. #rainbow #boels Blaak tested her legs on the penultimate Cauberg ascent and split the group (though it came back together again, with Lepistö and Bronzini catching up right at the foot of the final Cauberg). Here, Blaak followed the moves by #sun Brand and #mts Spratt, and they were no match for her in the sprint.

More details, on CN: ;)
Chantal Blaak wins women's Amstel Gold Race
Blaak: Amstel Gold is one of my most precious victories

And for completeness' sake, here's the Ronde reporting as well:
Van der Breggen storms to Tour of Flanders victory
Anna van der Breggen: I did not expect to win like this
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's Pro Cycling Correspondent
    2018 Synergy Baku Press Officer; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

Recent Posts