collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 6883
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
Re: 2018 Women's WorldTour
« on: April 19, 2018, 19:13 »
It was a good race. Or so I think, because for the first time this year we didn't see any of it live. Not even the finish up the Mur where they have fixed cameras was broadcast live. :(
This is simply not good enough in my opinion. And it will be the same for LBL on Sunday. :angry

Looking at the positives, women's road cycling has come some way in the past decade or so. Back then, the Flèche was one of the pinnacles of the women's calendar, purely due to the fact that there was a race. Now, people are upset if they can't watch the race live - and rightly so; the race was on from 36 km out with a strong group of #canyon PFP, #boels Guarnier, #cipollini Ensing & #mts Spratt up to 50" ahead of what remained of the peloton.

Things came back together at the bottom of the Mur, though Spratt and Guarnier still mixed it up with the best puncheurs on the climb. #bigla Moolman-Pasio led the peloton for most of the Mur, but #boels van der Breggen was never far behind, took the lead with 250 m to go and won the sprint easily.

Cyclingnews reporting by yours truly:
Van der Breggen wins La Fleche Wallonne Feminine
Van der Breggen: I hoped that the break would stick at Fleche Wallonne

#boels mechanic Richard Steege suffered a heart attack in the days between AGR and Flèche, but woke up in the hospital the morning of the race. Best wishes, Richie!
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean