collapse

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
  • Grand Tour Winner
  • Liked: 4443
  • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
We might need an even larger frame for the startlists? The last row of teams is cut after a few starters...
Not for me on mobile :?
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 3193

Do you believe me now then?  :(

(Firefox browser on Win10 desktop) I notice the truncation floats a bit up and down depending on zoom level and window geometry.

On a more positive note, have you noticed that almost every item (team name, rider name, stage number etc) in the frame is clickable, for more info from the database?  :cool
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12655
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    no problem for me, with more or less the same setup on my laptop. It may be font size related though. I guess it happens when there are too many long names using a 2nd line, "pushing" the other ones at the bottom out of the window
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

t-72

• Road Captain

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 12655
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    you can try yourself by changing the font size. That's done by hitting CTRL and Scroll Up/Down (or from the menu bar at the top: View -> Zoom)
  • ReplyReply

• FC_Tomas

• Coach Potato
    • Liked: 4
    Hi. Tomas from FirstCycling here. Got a link to this thread from an admin from FC just now.

I've already adjusted the width from the main iframe-thingy to fit your width, so all results should be better adjusted now. Regarding startlists - I got the tweak if someone setting up the code here could contact me. DM on twitter maybe? @cyclingtomas
  • ReplyReply

• FC_Tomas

• Coach Potato
    • Liked: 4
    -------------------
    Yes, take note that FC has set a slightly different pattern for the embed.

This is what I meant when I said the implementation was a bit rough. You cannot just copy-paste from the URL unfortunately.
    -------------------

Didnt think of that in version one. The &s= for "stages" was supposed to make it easier for embedding, instead of using norwegian &e= for "etappe". Just did an update so both works now.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6757
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    We might need an even larger frame for the startlists? The last row of teams is cut after a few starters...

These are the dimensions specified by FC. If they send you updates, let us know.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 7579
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    On a more positive note, have you noticed that almost every item (team name, rider name, stage number etc) in the frame is clickable, for more info from the database?  :cool

There is one thing that would be an improvement, if I could be as bold as to suggest it, and that's being able to click on GC to sort the riders into their GC ranking (it's possible to do this on the FC website).

• ReplyReply

• Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4443
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2018KeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    Actually, now the final row of teams is cut off for me. Still on mobile. Not a big deal as long as it looks okay on desktop.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    • Awards: 2018 Zero Pointers CQ Game winnerNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Not a big deal as long as it looks okay on desktop.

It's not working 100% for me on desktop. The bottom row of teams are missing. Even if I fiddle around with the font size only half of that row ever appears.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6757
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    Actually, now the final row of teams is cut off for me. Still on mobile. Not a big deal as long as it looks okay on desktop.

It's not working 100% for me on desktop. The bottom row of teams are missing. Even if I fiddle around with the font size only half of that row ever appears.

When designing these widgets, providers need to take these little things into account. A couple of long words or names can throw out the whole thing and the more you include in them the harder it gets to predict all the permutations.

Best approach is to try to cover most situations, fix the widths and then consider trimming off any long bits using the CSS rule overflow:hidden. Also, taking the bold off the links, apart from being easier to read, will give you about 12% more horizontal space in which to fit text.
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• Road Captain
    Hi, I got an update from FirstCycling this weekend, apologies for not being very prompt on posting here, but my father has been very ill (thankfully he recovered - but then I realized I had miscellaneous catching up to do.)

Basically the news is a change from http: to https: for retrieving the iframes. I guess that is usually seen as an improvement.

L'Arri, are you listening? Comments?
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Grand Tour Winner
    There is one thing that would be an improvement, if I could be as bold as to suggest it, and that's being able to click on GC to sort the riders into their GC ranking (it's possible to do this on the FC website).

This problem has been solved as there are now stage and overall tabs.  :cool

The start list issue however still persists.
  • ReplyReply

•