collapse

Poll

The preferred day of week for Monuments: Saturday (like MSR this year) or Sunday (like P-R this year)?

Saturday
2 (18.2%)
Sunday
9 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: April 09, 2018, 21:49

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 2221
Monument day - Saturday or Sunday?
« on: April 04, 2018, 21:49 »
Of course we can have bike races any day of the week, but some races are special, and should happen on special days. Which day of the week is your preferred monument day?
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• Domestique
    • Liked: 834
    Re: Monument day - Saturday or Sunday?
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 22:45 »
    Of course we can have bike races any day of the week, but some races are special, and should happen on special days. Which day of the week is your preferred monument day?

Always a Sunday for me is best. Going from memory both of the Italian monuments have been on a Sunday in the past but I think RCS found that having them on a Sunday meant that they got less coverage/attention as they clashed with Serie A football.
  • ReplyReply

• just some guy

• Fourth Generation humanoid bot
    • Hall of Fame'r
    • Liked: 10896
    • Awards: 2017 Spring Classics CQ game winnerBest Avatar of 2016JSG News Filter Award 2014Poster of 2014Thread of the Year 2013Most Helpful Member 2013Art of Brevity 2012Most helpful member 2012Best member of staff 2012
    « Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 06:24 »
    Sunday
  • ReplyReply
  • Of course, if this turns out someday to be the industry standard integrated handlebar-computer-braking solution then I'll eat my kevlar-reinforced aerodynamic hat.

Larri Nov 12, 2014

Flo

• #1 Alberto Contador fangirl
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 4123
    • Awards: 2017 TDF Prediction ChampKeithJamesMC award 2016Velorooms Trivia Monday Quiz Champion 2015/2016Dish of the Year 2015Member of the year 2015Fan of the year 20152015 Giro Quiz League - 3rd placeNational Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Fan of the year 2013Best fanboy/girl 2012
    « Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 10:50 »
    Saturday because I look forward to Monument day which means if it is on Sunday I want Saturday to go by as quickly as possible which makes it bittersweet because Sunday is the last day of the weekend while if it is on Saturday I still have Sunday to enjoy the weekend :o
  • ReplyReply
  • RIP Keith
    RIP krebs

Echoes

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1353
    « Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 11:07 »
    Long as I remember the Italian classics have always been on Saturdays and the other ones on Sundays and I like it that way. However Sunday is a bit better because I've got plenty of things to do on a Saturday. Watching Dwars door het Hageland last year on a Saturday was quite annoying for daily activities/planning.
  • ReplyReply
  • "Paris-Roubaix is the biggest cycling race in the world, bigger than the Tour de France, bigger than any other bike race" (Sir Bradley Wiggins)

Servais Knavendish

• Hot Prospect
    • Liked: 380
    « Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 11:57 »
    Yes agree with Echoes - Sunday is less of a guilty pleasure
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6372
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 12:00 »
    I once missed an edition of MSR or Lombardia because I forgot it was on a Saturday. I also tend to get a bit irritated about the days and timing of the Canadian races.

Always have stuff to do on Saturdays. On Sundays I like to go out and get a ride in and then slob in front of the telly with a nice feeling of self-justification.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

rote_laterne

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 71
    « Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 19:03 »
    Saturday. There are more family obligations Sunday afternoon.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 6064
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    « Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 19:35 »
    Tuesdays and Fridays for me please.....
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6372
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    « Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 12:25 »
    I like the Wednesday slot for semi-classics too. Since we're all getting a bit chatty about this.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events

Recent Posts