Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: April 08, 2018, 11:54

M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1616
  • The user formerly known as hiero
Re: 2018 Paris Roubaix
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 01:19 »
If you think that was boring, I wouldn't waste time watching the next fortnight's races.
Ah, MV, I caught you sneakin' that yawn in about the last 10k! 

Time for a wrap-up post:
 . . .
Just updated my statistics with the results of those we thought were the favorites + this year's top 10 performers not mentioned. The general conclusion is still valid. To win the P-R you need to qualify in the P-R.
  • at least a handful of P-R starts before winning (This was Sagan's 6th attempt).
  • at least one  previous top 10.

Applying these rules, riders that made top 10 for the first time this year are added to the list of potential winners for 2019 and on. This includes:
  • #ag2r Silvan Dillier
  • #katusha Nils Politt
  • #ef Taylor Phinney
. . .

Great edition, really pleased for Dillier he deserved to get something out of that and knew by committing to Sagan fully was his best bet.
Talking of bets Thomas crashed. I should have bet my mortgage on that.

Yep, G Thomas crashed. That's safe enough you wouldn't get good odds.

Dillier, another Pederson newb surprise. Wasn't even slated to ride a couple weeks ago. Called in as replacement. Their DS must be thanking his lucky stars. Great ride, AND he was only two bike lengths away from spoiling your stats! And Phinney showing some real strength for the first time in a long while. Good on him.

I think Sagan showed us something of his full potential today. That was one hell of a ride. I know AG isn't happy with his win, and neither will be Echoes. But it was great. He slammed away on the front for a good part of 20 km before Dillier came through. Worked out well though. Grand ride by Sagan.

He learned from pinch-gate, maybe he'll learn from complaint-gate. I am optimistic.

Entirely tragic for Goolaerts, his team and family. Only 22. They will be gutted.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .