collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 2331
Re: Ardennes Classics
« on: April 15, 2018, 21:58 »
Courtesy of being completely knackered after the seasons first slightly longer bike ride (very nice spring conditions but still ice on some of the lakes around here) I actually watched the race (sorta ... fell asleep twice) and concluded it must have been one of the better ones this season (or for once I woke up to all the important moments?)

It raised my eyebrows that of the top 3, there were 3 victories (4 at the end of the day) and one 2nd place. Is this becoming a race that is really difficult to win since only previous podiumers are in contention\?  :)

#astana with Valgren and Fuglsang rode an excellent finale, they are becoming the best team at disrupting sprints in one day races. Valgren now seems to be one of the best riders when it comes to repeated accelrations. (Briefly remembering Bjarne Riis at Tinkoff in an interview saying this is what he is best at, but he is not as good as he is going to become yet. He may be closer now!    (#4 in WT?)

And PS: mystery to me #bahrain Gasparotto and #mitchelton Kreuziger, do they only get one race to shine each season? It's not weak riders and teams they leave behind.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Race Calendar

Upcoming Events