M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1416
  • The user formerly known as hiero
Re: Giro 2018 - Stage 4: Catania › Caltagirone
« on: May 09, 2018, 04:41 »
. . . this race should have a modern day Walkoviak or Voeckler.
Not the best rider? Maybe, but the one that is most fun to watch and that is not so bad either is it?

. . . There was some action mid-stage, when #uae split the field on a climb but he gaps were consolidated first at the feed zone and the last group a couple of km later. The camera caught the moment when the dude in front got a phone call from the boss telling him "easy!  it is not straight to Rome from here we need to loop by Northern Italy is well. Perhaps going 100 km full speed is a tad optimistic....when the next rest day is hardly visible on the calendar yet. There are some classics tricks which should be used sparingly in grand tours.

. . .

As for the finish, I didn't see it - but reading the results, this is not #sky in prosecco mode. Something is wrong!

That gave me a couple of good laughs! Tommy Voeckler, I loved that dude. He never rode to the tune of his power meter! He was one brave dude.

#uae, IDK what was up with that, but they absolutely DID animate the stage. Now if I could only figure out WHY. Maybe a remote possibility of Aru picking up a few seconds? Testing the peloton's legs? Maybe putting some fatigue in those legs to help Aru when they hit Etna? You know, Etna has been touted as a game changer for the past few years - and has consistently turned out to be a dud. Oh, a nice stage, to be sure, but no game changer.

#sky. Hmmmmm.

Overall, a more interesting stage than is typically expected this early.
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .