M Gee

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 1081
  • The user formerly known as hiero

A breather for the GC contenders - and a day for the break - or a bunch sprint. Unless something unusual happens!.

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 20:02 by M Gee »
    Eeyore sez . . .

Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 6078
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    How can the first 10km not be classified as a climb? :S

Aru to lose 25 minutes! I'm calling it first.
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• Domestique
    • Liked: 836
    How can the first 10km not be classified as a climb? :S

Aru to lose 25 minutes! I'm calling it first.

Yeah my first thoughts when looking at the profile was which of the GC Guy is going out the back on the opening climb like Chaves on Tuesday.
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2122
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
     10kms at 6.5%? It is but a pimple on the Giro's crinkly rear end. :D
    The stage is only 155kms long, so we will get to see who next suffers Chave's Colombian Curse. :cool
  • ReplyReply
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2222
    This start is indeed a bit unusual:

From a quick glance it seems the participants start with a swim, triathlon-style - or perhaps pedal-boats, since they are cyclists.

The most obvious alternative is this road:

And then, if they don't want to use any of these easy accesible alternatives, I guess there must be a tunnel. That opens up for some inventive dirty tricks involving fear of the dark, scary sounding shouts and noises, and who knows, the batteries of other cyclists' lights.   :-x WHOHAHAHAH!  :o
  • ReplyReply

• Mellow Velo

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2122
    • Awards: 2015 CQ Vuelta Game winnerVelogames Classics Champion 20142013 CQ Ranking Giro Game
     I believe this is the answer.
    Agnese's tunnel.
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:51 by Mellow Velo »

search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 10619
    • Awards: Member of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    3600m, probably without proper illumination again. Let's hope we'll end up with Bilbao, Oomen, Betancur, Formolo and Poels in the breakaway on the other side of it :D

edit: and Fabio Aru of course. Can he take back half an hour tomorrow?
  • ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 20:08 by search »
    "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

LukasCPH

• World Champion
    • Liked: 6619
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Was a breakaway truly established at any point of this stage? :o

A stage where the result belies what happened - you see this and think "oh, another sprint".
    But you don't see all the things that went on before that, mad racing from km 0 to the finish.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's Pro Cycling Correspondent
    2018 Synergy Baku Press Officer; 2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

AG

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 3783
    • Awards: Winner, 2013 National Championships prediction gameFan of the Year 2013
    that was a crazy stage.  Not what the GC boys were hoping for I bet
  • ReplyReply

• M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1081
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    that was a crazy stage.  Not what the GC boys were hoping for I bet

In hindsight, this stage may have been the turning point. Yates and #mitchelton had to work, or did work, much harder than might have been anticipated. In part, at least, to squelch Sky's putting riders up the road.
  • ReplyReply

•