collapse

t-72

• Road Captain
  • Liked: 2222
Re: Critérium du Dauphiné
« on: June 04, 2018, 21:51 »
Technical and punchy finishing circuit today, and once again #vital le coq sportif aka trying sohard put his team to work on the front all day and once again he wasn't there for the sprint. I pity the team and pity the rider, but admire the way they don't give up. One day, he is going to stick the landing, after god knows how many face plants and close calls. Today was actually quite a close one, and for a pro-conti team it is a more ambitious tactic going for stage wins from the main bunch on a finish like this compared to sending a guy in the breakaway every day #androni style, but then they get good tv time hauling the bunch too, just as good as the usual suspects #cofidis get in the breakaway.

Just a little rant from me on what this race has not:
Following the Giro this is yet another stage race without really good sprints. Thankfully, the Tour de Suisse will hopefully turn into something like at least a little prelude to fireworks,  for those that enjoy big trains and mad horses sprinting. However the TdF this year I think will be top drama, because there has been little on offer so far this season, and there isn't anything after that of similar importance. So far we have seen either fields with the best sprinters a bit out of shape when present or lacking depth in the field to make the competition really fierce, or tricked by Nibali.  :shh
I am really looking forward to see the bee-train #jumbo vs quickstep #quickstep vs katusha #katusha vs mitchelton-scott #mitchelton vs #fdj fdj,  all on full force.  :D

• ReplyReply
  • « Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:03 by LukasCPH »

Race Calendar

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.