collapse

LukasCPH

• World Champion
  • Liked: 6943
    • lukascph.media
  • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
HLN also says GVA is to leave #bmc and will announce his new team before the Tour.
Can he do that?
UCI rules say no contract may be signed before 1 August.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cyclingnews Women's WorldTour Correspondent
    2017 0711|CYCLING PR Manager; 2016 Stölting Content Editor
    Views presented are my own. RIP Keith & Sean

M Gee

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 1451
    • The user formerly known as hiero
    Fortuneo-Samsic tells us they WON'T be hiring Greipel. Is that trying to drag you in to reading the article based on the headline, or what!

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-transfert-fortuneo-samsic-reverait-de-s-offrir-a-greipel-75546.html
  • ReplyReply
  • . . .He had the bit between his teeth, and he loiked the taste, mate . . .

L'arri

• Is on Dr Search's Green and Grey Diet
    • Grand Tour Winner
    • Liked: 6653
    • Dopeology.org @DopeologyDotOrg @L_arriviste
      • Dopeology.org
    • Awards: Post of the year 2015Best Opening Post 2012
    Fortuneo-Samsic tells us they WON'T be hiring Greipel. Is that trying to drag you in to reading the article based on the headline, or what!

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-transfert-fortuneo-samsic-reverait-de-s-offrir-a-greipel-75546.html

I would be amazed if Greipel were to accept a PCT deal. Way too classy for that.
  • ReplyReply
  • Cycling is a Europe thing only and I only watch from Omloop on cause I am cool and sh*t
    RIP Craig1985 / Craig Walsh
    RIP KeithJamesMc / Keith McMahon / Larry Sarni

Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
    • Liked: 879
    This as a possibility sprung into my head today at work for some reason.

Guillaume Martin --------->  #groupama

Rumours Pinot might be leaving and Martins contract at #wanty is up at the end of this year I think.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Can he do that?
    UCI rules say no contract may be signed before 1 August.

Ah sorry, my bad, he will decide before the Tour and let the relevant parties know what his intentions are. We won't know until Aug 1 as you say. :D
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    • Awards: Staff of the year 2016Staff of the year 2015Velorooms Tour de France BINGO champion 2014National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014Velorooms Monday Quiz ChampionPoster of the Year 2013
    Sieberg to Bahrain
    The rumour starts here:
    Greipel #lotto --> #bahrain
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    The rumour starts here:
    Greipel #lotto --> #bahrain
    Yeah, well. This just goes to show that even the closest-knit relationships drift apart sometimes.

But I have other predictions to make:
    Nicolai Brøchner #holowesko --> #riwal
    He's said to be not entirely happy in the US outfit, and really only went there because they stepped up to ProConti. Now that his old team is doing that as well, I expect him to return.

Michael Carbel #fortuneo --> #riwal
    Hasn't exactly had the most successful year with the Bretons, and now they've brought in Greipel. His old DS has signed with the Danish ProConti hopefuls, and there he'd probably be the designated sprinter no matter what.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Liked: 11325
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013
    #wilier Pippo Pozzato -> #direct Direct Energie

Terpstra still lacks a bit of assistance on the cobbles, and with Wilier exclusively partnering with Direct Energie on from 2019, they may request one or two Italians to be signed at least.
  • ReplyReply
  • "If this is cycling, I am a banana"

ciranda

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 219
    Yeah, well. This just goes to show that even the closest-knit relationships drift apart sometimes.

But I have other predictions to make:
    Nicolai Brøchner #holowesko --> #riwal
    He's said to be not entirely happy in the US outfit, and really only went there because they stepped up to ProConti. Now that his old team is doing that as well, I expect him to return.

Michael Carbel #fortuneo --> #riwal
    Hasn't exactly had the most successful year with the Bretons, and now they've brought in Greipel. His old DS has signed with the Danish ProConti hopefuls, and there he'd probably be the designated sprinter no matter what.

Maybe it's not unlikely but would be really undeserved with at least fifteen other non-u23s that are way better. Those two are just not very good. Hope Riwal will sign the strong ex-Virtus because Kamp, Guldhammer, Weyhe, Kragh Andersen, Schultz have done way more than enough. Also Quaade, Bak Klaris and a couple more.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    Hope Riwal will sign the strong ex-Virtus because Kamp, Guldhammer, Weyhe, Kragh Andersen, Schultz have done way more than enough.
    The question will be whether any of those will leave Virtu.
    After all, Riis has said he wants to go ProConti as well ... :shh
    If and when there is a #waoo --> #riwal transfer we'll know that the "Made In Denmark" team isn't happening.

Also Quaade, Bak Klaris and a couple more.
    Definitely.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    With Aqua Blue folding, these two predictions are almost too simple to make:
    Lasse Norman Hansen #aquablue --> #riwal
    Casper Pedersen #aquablue --> #riwal

LNH may want a WT deal (and does deserve one), but one bird in the hand and all that. Also, Riwal('s predecessor) was where he started his career before moving to Virtu('s predecessor team) and then to Vaughters.
    Casper P had two seasons at Riwal before going to Giant-Castelli where he more than earned himself a pro contract.

Both of them might want a bigger team than 'only' a Conti team stepping up - but as a Conti team, Riwal have a reputation for paying well (and on time), keeping their word, and generally being a stable set-up.
    That is not at all unimportant, as can be seen from their current team folding almost out of the blue.

And maybe they can even get some of their team mates along? Many of Aqua Blue's riders would be at least 'nice to have' for a new ProConti team.

Also, a DS transfer prediction:
    Nicki Sørensen #aquablue --> #virtu
    Nicki and Bjarne Riis are very close friends. Nicki even DNFed a Tour of Denmark once in order to be able to attend Bjarne's wedding - while being a rider on Bjarne's team.
    If Nicki is presented as DS at any other team, we will know that Riis' ProConti plans have come to naught. If Nicki signs on with Bjarne, that could be a sign that maybe there is some substance in Riis' talk after all.
  • ReplyReply

• Carlo Algatrensig

• National Champion
    • Liked: 879
    Some suggestions off the top of my head for where some  #aquablue might end up

Warbasse ------->  #rally

Dunbar -------->  #trek

Denifl -------->  #bora

Blythe ------->  #didata
  • ReplyReply

• rote_laterne

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 144
    I doubt Denial will get a WT-contract with him being prone to injuries and not being the youngest talent. I see him on one of the french PT teams or the Austrian CT teams.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    I doubt Denial will get a WT-contract with him being prone to injuries and not being the youngest talent. I see him on one of the french PT teams or the Austrian CT teams.

Agree. Felbermayr or Tirol, very much in the Zoidl style.
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Some suggestions off the top of my head for where some  #aquablue might end up

Warbasse ------->  #rally

Dunbar -------->  #trek

Denifl -------->  #bora

Blythe ------->  #didata

Cruel hat on.

I think #didata would do well to stop being a retirement home for has-been anglophones and their doms. He's a decent fellow but Blythe is no longer WT material and nowadays I doubt he's even a safe bet for PCT either. #onepro at best if they keep going or else #jlt.

Dunbar has talent but now needs a proper régime to develop it. #trek does look like a decent fit indeed to get him into the Classics. He won the U23 Ronde but he looks like a better fit for Brabantse Pijl, LBL, etc where they're still a bit short-handed. Risk with staying PCT is that he won't get the experience.

Warbasse I really don't see as WT or even PCT "over here" because like a lot of Americans he doesn't really fit into the deeper Euro team cultures but at the same time the teams that traditionally hire Americans can probably do better than him or else have enough already.
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Liked: 6699
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    Warbasse I really don't see as WT or even PCT "over here" because like a lot of Americans he doesn't really fit into the deeper Euro team cultures but at the same time the teams that traditionally hire Americans can probably do better than him or else have enough already.

I think there could be some legs to Carlo's connecting of dots. Rally will be "riding a heavier European calendar" next year and although he's only 28 Warbasse has more experience of doing that than anyone in the current Rally roster bar Anderson and Pate (who'll be retiring anyways). I think he could be a good figure to have around for them.

Alternatively with a not so serious hat on....

Warbasse + Denifl ----------> #academy

Carlstrom is getting the IAM crew back together. :shh
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    • Awards: 2018 Autumn Classics Prediction ChampMember of the year 2016Post of the year 2016KeithJamesMC 2016Member of the year 20152012 CQ Ranking Tour GameAvatar of the Year 2013

#bora Matteo Pelucchi --> #academy

:P
  • ReplyReply

• rote_laterne

• Neo Pro
    • Liked: 144
    Alternatively with a not so serious hat on....

Absolutely. In fact, after my posting I thought I should have mentioned #academy too. I think both would fit in and improve the roster.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    Agree. Felbermayr or Tirol, very much in the Zoidl style.
    Tirol are focussing on developing U23 riders now. So it's very much Felbermayr.
  • ReplyReply

• ciranda

• Domestic Rider
    • Liked: 219
    If Nicki is presented as DS at any other team, we will know that Riis' ProConti plans have come to naught. If Nicki signs on with Bjarne, that could be a sign that maybe there is some substance in Riis' talk after all.

During and after the TDF there was a crazy amount of hype so I think it would be official by now if they have a chance. As I understand they need ten more sponsors who want to invest what WAOOOOO does to be on Gianni Savio style jerseys. I'm conflicted here because while a solid team is badly needed and any team with any management is better than no team I also want the most narcissistic man in the world gone forever.

Happily the Riwal project have applied for PCT with the stated ambition to give more riders chances although I'm not sure they have funds ready.

Neopros have two-year deals so they can bring their own salaries to a new team. Edward Dunbar will have no problems as an english-speaking person and was also pretty good in Tour de l'Avenir last week. Casper Pedersen has a good chance too I think as euro champion last year and an ok season with a fifth overall in Dunkerque and minor signs. His agents is the Corso company who can maybe find a place somewhere.
  • ReplyReply

• t-72

• Road Captain
    • Liked: 2658

There's no Aretha to do the R-E-S-P-E-C-T talk anymore, so everyone should be able to get back on for that last gig, even Matteo. :)
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    During and after the TDF there was a crazy amount of hype so I think it would be official by now if they have a chance. As I understand they need ten more sponsors who want to invest what WAOOOOO does to be on Gianni Savio style jerseys.
    Yeah.
    No. I don't think that (10 sponsors who go into it to not even see their brand in the team name) is going to happen.
    It took them basically a year to even get Waoo on board - and this deal was only from the Tour of Denmark to the end of the year. Essentially two months (August-September), probably for a pittance.

Happily the Riwal project have applied for PCT with the stated ambition to give more riders chances although I'm not sure they have funds ready.
    I can guarantee you that they have more funds ready, signed, sealed, delivered, than does Riis. :)

Riwal ProConti is going to happen.
    Riis ProConti? I'll believe it when I see it.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    Riwal ProConti is going to happen.
    Riis ProConti? I'll believe it when I see it.
    TV2 thinks so too:
    http://sport.tv2.dk/cykling/2018-09-03-chris-ankers-hold-rykker-op-jagter-rytter-hos-riis

And they claim that Riwal have already signed a Waoo rider. But which one?

The easy way out would be to predict one of the big riders to switch over. And I am going to do it:
    Alexander Kamp #waoo --> #riwal

However, I am also going to give you a truly left-field prediction, just to be able to say "I told you so" if it comes true:
    Jesper Schultz #waoo --> #riwal
    He has never been the big star on any of the Conti teams he's raced for so far, always working for a more established leader, and still getting decent results himself. Now could be the time for him to become a domestique on a ProConti team.
    Also, he's raced for three out of the four existing Danish teams already: #bornholm #coloquick #waoo - time to add the fourth team to the list! :D
  • ReplyReply

• L'arri

• Grand Tour Winner
      • Dopeology.org
    Loving this whole Scandinavian corner thing going on over here. :cool :cool :cool

I know most of the >23 year old riders on the domestic scene by name only but it's fun to read all the predictions and the politicking.
  • ReplyReply

• LukasCPH

• World Champion
      • lukascph.media
    TV2 thinks so too:
    http://sport.tv2.dk/cykling/2018-09-03-chris-ankers-hold-rykker-op-jagter-rytter-hos-riis

And they claim that Riwal have already signed a Waoo rider. But which one?
    It's Torkil Veyhe.

Doesn't mean that Kamp or Schultz won't be on the roster! :D
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    • Awards: National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2017National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2016KeithJamesMC award 2016Avatar of the year 2015Velogames Spring Classics 2015National Championships Predictions Game Winner 2014
    http://www.silberprocycling.com/blog/silber-pro-cyclings-legacy/

.... And if one other rider gets a pro contract this year, (discussions are ongoing) our legacy will be to have graduated 1 in 5 to the pro conti level.

Most likely Zukowsky. The only other option might be Roberge.

Most likely destination is Rally of course, with ICA as an outside bet.

Zukowsky ----------> #rally
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner

The old "who's following who on twitter" connecting of dots.

Liepins ----------> #illuminate
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    yeah, I heard rumors it could come true ;)
  • ReplyReply

• Leadbelly

• Monument Winner
    yeah, I heard rumors it could come true ;)

.....and you didn't tell us. :o

Anyway it's probably not the best calendar for him, but a job is a job.
  • ReplyReply

• search

• World Champion
    there's nothing signed yet, but the way I understood it, there's not much competition, to say so.

And the calendar of Illuminate next year may move more towards Europe, so that could play into his hands.
  • ReplyReply

•  

Recent Posts

Re: The Academy of Cycling by LukasCPH
    [Today at 19:00]

Re: The Academy of Cycling by Leadbelly
    [Today at 05:44]

Re: Cycling Farmers by Drummer Boy
    [November 16, 2018, 01:27]

Re: Full Mens Rosters 2019 by Leadbelly
    [November 15, 2018, 19:55]

Re: Race news 2019 - Rumours , Dates, Parcours , Wildcards etc. by Leadbelly
    [November 15, 2018, 19:48]

Re: Cycling Farmers by Armchair Cyclist
    [November 15, 2018, 17:06]